NEWS

Theory on Astral beings and physical dimension placements; a dissertation.

• 45 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #30 on: <08-31-12/1929:27> »
What if Horrors and Shadow spirits and Invae live on the astral planes(or even physical areas) of other planets

Nice theorey, but I think it doesn't fly. Why? Because the metaplanes are much more than any other planet could be. There's a metaplane with cowboys, equipped with clockwork-cyberware riding on dinosaurs, for example. That simply doesn't feel like another planet. You could try to explain horrors with "from another planet", ok, but many, many other things you cannot explain that way. So personally I would say, no, it's pretty unlikely, that the metaplanes - the place where all these beings come from - are simply different planets, connected by the astral space. They are much more than that, not even bound by the same basic physical laws as our world. Another planet would follow similar rules, but the metaplanes aren't bound by these rules. Thus they aren't simply a physical place somewhere else and thus cannot be another planet.

Even watching Firefly, BSG, Gundam series and lots of other movies and series proves this statement wrong.
Next...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: <08-31-12/2212:35> »

I'm a long-time fan of Shadowrun since '07, back in middle school coming across forum boards and RP fansites.

That popping noise you hear is the sound of me visibly and physically aging 10 years after just reading that sentence :)  I thought I felt old already, but now I feel freaking ancient :(

(For what it's worth, I think it's awesome we have younger fans like you playing Shadowrun.  That's the kind of thing we need to keep the game and our hobby alive.  :))
« Last Edit: <08-31-12/2214:29> by Bull »

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <08-31-12/2224:40> »

I'm a long-time fan of Shadowrun since '07, back in middle school coming across forum boards and RP fansites.

That popping noise you hear is the sound of me visibly and physically aging 10 years after just reading that sentence :)  I thought I felt old already, but now I feel freaking ancient :(

(For what it's worth, I think it's awesome we have younger fans like you playing Shadowrun.  That's the kind of thing we need to keep the game and our hobby alive.  :))

It made 8th grade a whole lot better, that's for sure.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #33 on: <08-31-12/2229:50> »
By comparison, I was in 10th grade when Shadowrun debuted back in '89. :)

Course, I know folks who play and were out of college when it came out, so...  Even I'm not the oldest dog around here :)

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <08-31-12/2247:39> »
Well you certainly are the Bull though ;).

Say, where would a discussion on reasonable, Essence-free implants be appropriate on here? I'm not sure.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #35 on: <09-01-12/0228:53> »
I thought that time means nothing for Amish taxi drivers. Something like:
In business since 19th century.

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <09-01-12/0817:49> »

Course, I know folks who play and were out of college when it came out, so...  Even I'm not the oldest dog around here :)

Woof, woof, omae.  8)

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #37 on: <09-03-12/2337:26> »

Yeah I started SR in '90 (it took two years to filter down to Backwoods GA) and I was in 11th grade then. It really makes me feel old to know I have characters older than some of the posters here....... :P
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #38 on: <09-04-12/1017:04> »
By comparison, I was 23 and halfway through my miltary service....
Alarmingly enough, neither am I....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #39 on: <09-04-12/1018:38> »
It really makes me feel old to know I have characters older than some of the posters here....... :P
I have dice older that some of the posters here. And a lot older than some of the guys at my FLGS....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #40 on: <09-04-12/1036:23> »
It really makes me feel old to know I have characters older than some of the posters here....... :P
I have dice older that some of the posters here. And a lot older than some of the guys at my FLGS....

I have dice older than you, Patrick, and I'm one of the SR3 whipper-snappers. Ah, hand-me downs from old gamers.
But I was only 2 when SR first debuted

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #41 on: <09-04-12/1320:32> »

I have dice older than you, Patrick, and I'm one of the SR3 whipper-snappers. Ah, hand-me downs from old gamers.
But I was only 2 when SR first debuted
:o

dammit.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #42 on: <09-05-12/1449:49> »

Heh. Yeah one of my D6's was given to me by my uncle, and he confiscated it from an inmate when he was a guard at Alcatraz. I always make sure that one is in my Shadowrun dice, to remind the other dice what happens to my character if they fail me.  ;)
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #43 on: <09-05-12/1714:31> »
It's AWOL at the moment, but I have a brass D6 my Father made me back when he was a Machinist.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #44 on: <10-10-12/2225:36> »
Shouldn't that then mean that whenever we leave our bodies (our 'anchors', if you will) that we can be summoned by an extraplanar entity?
And if such entities are capable of summoning us, what's to stop them from hiring us?

"Wait, Mister Johnson is a what?"
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."