NEWS

Assets, INC

• 15 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« on: <09-25-10/1315:00> »
Ok, Chummeros. Anyone have any hard paydata on Assets by 2070? I heard that Quicksliver is likely goin' after his lady love after her dissappearing act, but what about the rest of the crew or the organization itself?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-25-10/1347:42> »
Assets, INC. was disbanded after most of the members were killed, but the decker Peg created a replacement group called DAMAGE. Argent sometimes works with them, but is mostly retired. (As of 2064, Loose Alliances, p. 132)

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #2 on: <09-25-10/1526:18> »
Always sad to see the Heroes of past times get old. Good to see that some actually DO get old, though.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #3 on: <09-25-10/1531:21> »
Assets, INC. was disbanded after most of the members were killed, but the decker Peg created a replacement group called DAMAGE. Argent sometimes works with them, but is mostly retired. (As of 2064, Loose Alliances, p. 132)

DAMAGE got formed by Peg after the Wrecking Crew was destroyed. AFAIK there is no crossover with Assets, INC.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <09-25-10/1621:07> »

DAMAGE got formed by Peg after the Wrecking Crew was destroyed. AFAIK there is no crossover with Assets, INC.
Well, DAMAGE is the former motto (Drastic Assault Measures And Global Engagements) of the Wrecking Crew.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #5 on: <09-25-10/1638:32> »
Yes it was. Assets INC and the Wrecking Crew were two different teams. Wrecking Crew had Argent, Peg, Toshi, and Hawk(?). While Assets INC had(has?) Ryan Mercury, Kaitlin Axler, Grinder, a bunch of dead mages, and Jane-in-the-box.

Are we having some kind of miscommunication?
la vida no vale nada

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #6 on: <09-25-10/1643:36> »
Also Assests worked for The Big D
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <09-25-10/1729:48> »
D'OH!  ;D

The neurons fired, I know they're two separate things, but signals got crossed when I was responding...

*ahem*

Yes, nothing's been mentioned about Assets Inc. since Nadja Daviar went missing at the attempted military coup of the UCAS.

(and the first one that cracks wise about my age... )

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <09-26-10/0306:38> »
The neurons fired

So... they fired, but fired blanks? ;D

*runs for cover in the mountains*

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: <09-26-10/0718:21> »
Thanks all. So do we have a confirmed body count on Axler, Grinder, et al?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #10 on: <09-26-10/0826:35> »
Axler is still alive. She is still working for the Draco Foundation as head of security I believe. A drawf matching Grinder's discription is active as well but it never states it's him just a black dwarf with 3 arms. I'll check for the specific references.

EDIT- Hmm... can't find any info on either at the moment. I could have sworn I read that Axler was working for the DF or DIMR as head of security, and about a 3 armed dwarf still running about. They were both really quick references though.
« Last Edit: <09-26-10/0942:08> by Angelone »
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <09-26-10/1205:54> »
I'm going through some of my books for references in another project. If I find anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

... and Doc? Did you really want me to post that picture of you and that Kitteh protosapient last month?

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <09-26-10/1215:31> »
What... you... I... oooooh, that slimy son of a binary clock, he said that room was secure... ok ok, I'm all peaceful. Really.

On topic, looks like they cut all ties with the Assets members storylines, doubtful that we're gonna see them again.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-26-10/1318:06> »
Unless Ghostwalker decides to drop by and check on his brother's projects.

Who would say no?
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #14 on: <09-27-10/0215:45> »
so the old VP and head of the DF disapeared during the coup huh....me thinks i smell a run posibility here ;)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget