NEWS

Boston Lockdown

• 9 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <07-08-15/2218:01> »
So I have read the book and I know bitching about layout is not de rigeur but I love Shadowrun anyway...I digress. I am really confused about how the whole thing goes down. [spoiler]All I picked up is PAX a dissonant technomancer somehow screwed up a joint Mega operation to restore Eliohann through an Eghost of himself and nanites. Ok How did Pax do it and why? The exact timeline is kind of iffy as the book mostly just lays out these world war Z stories after the fact (don't get me wrong they're cool I just want an exact timeline somewhere. I also wish there were more missions in this book.[/spoiler]

I am looking forward to running it but not sure I have the plot right in my head.
« Last Edit: <07-08-15/2220:21> by Lighthouse »
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <07-09-15/0156:06> »
Well, here's the problem - we're not entirely sure when Pax heard about the Eliohann issue, or when or how she wormed her way into the project.

It seems probable that the thing really got going after Crash 2.0 under the aegis of Celedyr.  With Emerging Futures (Eliohann's company) having the inadvertent lock on 'datajacks for dragons' (there being only one), and looking to get the bequest from the Big D's will, the merger of Novatech with (Celedyr-backed) Transys Neuronet (and their Project Imago, from the truly gag-worth Imago module) meant that there was, theoretically, a provable way to move a consciousness from the flesh into the Matrix.  This would have been why THEY were experimenting on / vivisecting the AIs and e-ghosts in their little electronic hell in ... Pueblo, wasn't it?  Anyhow.

Eliohann, one of Celedyr's proteges, had essentially become an E-Ghost due to Crash 2.0.  So with the knowledge at hand, Celedyr's been looking for a way to reverse the process.  I really don't know where the CFD issue first came forth - the problems at Evo's Gagarin Base on Mars (linked to its Dickens Program), developments from the mass break-out from the Pueblo lab, whatever it was, it would have very very quickly become clear that there was, somehow, a way to codify a full, complete, and complex personality into a mass of nanites, inject them into a body, and thus enable them to literally rewrite someone's brain.  Eliohann's body being in a persistent vegetative state (i.e. brain-dead but otherwise alive), Celedyr apparently decided (presumably with the full cooperation of e-ghost Eliohann) to codify the dragon into a whopping short-lifespan batch of nanites.  (Because we don't want to infect the norms with draconic knowledge, don'tcha know.)

Pause for a second on that, and let's jump over to Pax.  Pax has always been concerned with one thing: personal power.  "Fuck everyone else, including my minions if it comes down to it," is her essential philosophy.  Her second, more recent, driving force is 'Fuck over every AI I can get my hands on."  This is best shown in her creation of the Jormungandr worm code (which, looked at from a purely technical standpoint, was absolutely incredibly well-done) which she used to take down her most-hated nemesis Deus, who abandoned her to the whimsey of metahumanity because he, too, doesn't give two craps about his minions - and to him, she was just a minion.

Why Pax coded Deus's personality into a countervailing batch of nanites is ... hm.  Come to think of it, it's not beyond me.  I can see why she did it.  Subtle, elegant in a way.  What better way to whip up anti-AI feeling than to make the poster child of CFD the worst AI the world has known?

Anyhow.  Your timeline points become ...

The Imago module
The Dragon Hunt module (wherein we first meet Eliohann)
The move of Emerging Futures from Ares to Transys Neuronet
Celedyr's increased presence in Transys Neuronet
Evo's Dickens Project
Evo's 'falsified' corporate court justice (Ahiko?  Something like that)
The instigation of the project experimenting on E-Ghosts and AI (i.e. the Pueblo lab)
The raid on said lab
The spread of CFD
The point at which Aztechnology, Evo, NeoNET got together to work on nanites that could affect a dragon's physiology
Aztechnology's development of the Blue experimentations, Blue-227 being the 'final form' they use against Sirrurg
The point at which Pax (as Penelope Ann Xavier) infiltrates the joint project
When Eliohann's body was shipped to MIT&T
... and then, finally, the night of the injection, the massive clash of personalities trying to rewire his brain, his breakout and flight, etc., i.e. the start of the Boston Lockdown.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-09-15/0826:42> »
in ... Pueblo, wasn't it?  Anyhow.
Albuquerque.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-09-15/0926:46> »
Albuquerque's in the PCC, right?  Anyhow.
Pananagutan & End/Line

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-09-15/1019:49> »
I figured giving a more precise location can't hurt.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-09-15/1205:14> »
Thank you.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-09-15/1528:59> »
Is it possible PAX had help from Aztechnology? A long shot I believe but they are evil after all.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #7 on: <07-09-15/2157:22> »
Is it possible PAX had help from Aztechnology? A long shot I believe but they are evil after all.

More to the point, the Azies hate dragons. I could see them getting in bed with PAX if it can give them a measure of power or a new weapon against dragonkind.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-10-15/0044:11> »
Honestly, I think it's unlikely that it was a known association.  While the Stolen Souls communications (pp. 34-36) seems to indicate that she was not part of NeoNET (re: message to Celedyr about setting up a more direct link), the fact that Cerebus (aka Eliohann-in-E-Ghost-form) okayed her does seem to suggest some sort of operant link.  Whatever the case, Pax remains pretty damn high up on everyone's "#1 for a bullet" list, so it strongly suggests that after Crash 2.0, she created a background and lived as clean as she could, at least in that persona, and up until the Lockdown pretty expertly played all three sides of Project Vulcan against the middle.  It's entirely possible that she gained entrance to the project via MIT&M, they being the potential weak link here ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

cyclopean

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-10-15/0238:48> »
Evo's 'falsified' corporate court justice (Ahiko?  Something like that)

Justice Hino i believe. I think she was Chief Justice at the time her status was "discovered."