NEWS

Manhattan, Inc. Consortium

• 4 Replies

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-25-15/1425:47> »
I posed some of this question over on the character creation forum, but i imagine it got lost in all the crunch. Is there much written about the Manhattan, Inc. Consortium? The wiki just says they run the island and are mysterious and shadowy with all/most of the seats belonging to corporate interests. My questions are:

1) what would a member of this boards connection rating be? I wanted to use friend in high place to get one on my side and couldn't choose between 8 or 9. Though I'm leaning 8

2) What exactly does the organization do exactly?

3) What kinds of powers do the board members have?

4) Any suggested reading to get caught up on the Rotten Apple and its history?

Thanks guys!

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-15/1431:26> »
Manhattan: The Rotten Apple has 4th Edition timeline info, and Stolen Souls updates this for 5th.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-01-15/2039:07> »
Just finished reading the stuff from stolen souls. It amswered questions 2-4 but I'm still unsure if 8 is a good connection rating. They seemed to make a huge deal about the hundreds of millions of pork they throw around and how the seats are worth billions.

What would you guys put their connection ratings at?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <02-01-15/2249:29> »
The connection rating of one of these guys is probably at minimum 8.  That would be whoever they let on the board to show that "anyone" can make it.  I would say the average board member probably has a 10 or so Connection, with the high end being (naturally) 12.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-05-15/1618:07> »
For someone from NYPD, Inc., a rating of 8 would be appropriate.  It's a big corp, but not a world-changer in the way a AAA is.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.