NEWS

Boston

• 7 Replies

sidslick

• Newb
« on: <01-25-15/1201:14> »
Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of Boston's in-game history for the past twenty years or so?

Thanks muchly!
Travel the world; meet new people; crush them for all they are worth!

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-15/1207:34> »
Big things have included NeoNet's birth and the Winternight EMP hit, with the most recent concern being the fact that Boston is in a complete quarantine right now, due to CFD.  One of the next campaign books for Fifth Edition is actually going to be about Boston; I assume they'll do a more accurate backstory there before jumping into the current chaos. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-25-15/1213:47> »
Thanks MijRai - hadn't heard about the upcoming release.

My in-game knowledge kinda stops at around 2064 - I'm fairly good up to Winternight, Crash 2.0 and ECSE returning to Manhattan/New York.  At the risk of poorly read and slightly out of date, what is CFD?  Is there a in-game reference for it?

Cheers

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-25-15/1217:20> »
Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder

The plotline is covered in Stolen Souls, but the tl;dr of it is that it's a nanite-based infection where digital personas attempt to take over and reprogram the minds of the infected.

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <01-25-15/1219:46> »
Super - thanks for your patience!  Next project, acquire Stolen Souls.......

Cheers

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-25-15/1418:30> »
Splintered state also has an NPC with the affliction to kind of introduce the concept when they launched 5th ed
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-25-15/1457:12> »
Storm Front also plays a role introducing it. But Stolen Souls is the CFD plot book.

FastJack's symptoms arguably first appeared in the fiction for Conspiracy Theories, if not earlier. It's been a slow burn.

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #7 on: <01-28-15/1209:38> »
If you're looking for Boston-specific info and are willing to wait, there's the upcoming Lockdown release: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products/upcoming-products/.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"