NEWS

Dragons and their corresponding Lairs

• 9 Replies

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« on: <12-07-14/0504:50> »
I've recently looked at the north american map for shadowrun 5th edition and I saw that there were a couple of dragon lairs that I couldn't think of who might reside within them.  Mainly the dragon lairs near Charlottetown, Boston, and Albuquerque.  Does anyone know what dragons are there, or if they are merely secondary lairs for existing dragons.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-07-14/0655:39> »
Albuquerque would be Celedyr. Incidentally, it's the same facility where Fastjack and Riser contracted CFD.
Boston could be either Damon or Celedyr again - I think one of his NeoNet labs is somewhere in the city.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <12-07-14/1127:44> »
Can you tell me where you found this map?  I quickly skimmed the book and couldn't find it there.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-07-14/1156:06> »
It can also be lairs from dragons other than the Greats.  example: Perynwyr (if that's correctly written) is not a great, is often in Denver, but will probably have a place outside of the city.

Also, there's only 2 females under the greats (if I recall correctly, away from books right now), so there have to be other dragons having a lair somewhere, as with only two females it's a bit difficult to propegate the species.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-07-14/1935:53> »
I've recently looked at the north american map for shadowrun 5th edition and I saw that there were a couple of dragon lairs that I couldn't think of who might reside within them.  Mainly the dragon lairs near Charlottetown, Boston, and Albuquerque.  Does anyone know what dragons are there, or if they are merely secondary lairs for existing dragons.
  • Charlottetown — Prince Edward Island was owned by Dunkelzahn and returned to the UCAS when he died. Charlottetown is the capital of PEI. The island still has a lingering presence of Dunkelzahn as well as the presence of the Draco Foundation, DIMR, and Children of the Dragon.
  • Boston — Celedyr and Damon are the two dragons in the city.
  • Albuquerque — As was mentioned, Celedyr has a lair here that became ground zero for the CFD crisis.

Can you tell me where you found this map?  I quickly skimmed the book and couldn't find it there.
Runner's Toolkit Alphaware Box Set

It can also be lairs from dragons other than the Greats.  example: Perynwyr (if that's correctly written) is not a great, is often in Denver, but will probably have a place outside of the city.
Peri doesn't really have a known lair, since he's currently being "hunted" by Ghostwalker. He actually took up vassalage with another Great Dragon, but I forgot which. I think it was Arleesh or Mujaji.

Also, there's only 2 females under the greats (if I recall correctly, away from books right now), so there have to be other dragons having a lair somewhere, as with only two females it's a bit difficult to propegate the species.
There are four female Great Dragons: Hestaby, Mujaji, the Sea Dragon, and Arleesh.

Great Dragons don't breed. They can, but they generally don't. They take care of Adult Dragons' fertilized eggs until they are hatched. This is an especially important role now since there are so few Great Dragons (around two dozen), especially compared to Adult Dragons (around 2,000, though that was before the dragon war).
« Last Edit: <12-07-14/1957:50> by Crimsondude »

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-07-14/2130:39> »
Thanks for the responses, the subject came up among friends and I'll probably tell them what I've been told here.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-08-14/0617:43> »

There are four female Great Dragons: Hestaby, Mujaji, the Sea Dragon, and Arleesh.

Great Dragons don't breed. They can, but they generally don't. They take care of Adult Dragons' fertilized eggs until they are hatched. This is an especially important role now since there are so few Great Dragons (around two dozen), especially compared to Adult Dragons (around 2,000, though that was before the dragon war).

That means that there are about 2000 adult dragons who also need a place to live and while their spots will probably be less extensive than those of the greats, it can still be called a lair.  Not all of those will live with a great I assume (if any).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <12-08-14/0707:50> »
I agree with Farothel, there's plenty of other dragon lairs. I doubt those would be important enough to list on the map though, unless it's a massive gathering. (Question: What do you call a group of Dragons? Answer: Anything they want.) I don't know of many of the lairs, except for these:

There are two Dragon Lairs in the Redmond Barrens, one is a block with 4 main towers, each of their top floors turned into a dragon home. The other is in Glow City primarily but I believe he also has a lair elsewhere in the city, cannot remember from the top of my head. Both aren't Great Dragons but they still run their own places, though they are likely also preparing for hosting other dragons. (Wouldn't surprise me if they're arguing about who gets how many of their future kids and are both prepping for that nowadays.)

So yeah, there will be plenty of smaller 'lairs', which could be buildings, stretches of land, and so on. Some Dragons are likely relatively poor, while others (such as the two I noted) are probably worth 20~200 billion each.

Edit: Took a look at the map and I suspect they're all Greater Dragons or next-best-thing lairs. One important sidenote: The Mt. Shasta lair is gone. It's been raided, all its defenders (>500) have been killed and its contents have been looted. The owner is in exile so Mt. Shasta is no longer a dragon lair. I bet you ten nuyen that within five years the Tir and CaliFree will be at war again now that Hestaby is gone.
« Last Edit: <12-08-14/0725:14> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-08-14/1115:26> »
Wait, there's a dragon in Glow City?!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <12-08-14/1129:01> »
Yup. Kalanyr pretty much runs the place iirc and gets worshipped by some rads. The two have been around Redmond for a while. Seattle 2072 lists homes for them, while Clutch of the Dragons has more detailed intel on what areas they control. Dana Oaks used to try to get her hands on Urubia, before the whole Prop 23 thing happened and launched her to DA + in war with Brackhaven.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!