NEWS

[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #225 on: <07-23-15/0607:05> »
Yeah, it's pretty much the same in 5th as 4th, just style points. The only mechanical advantage is networking it with your other cybergear, but that's kinda outlying. STill, *somebody* will want one, and that person gets a hug from me if they want it. :)

Oh, I want it, I'm trying to work out whether I swap out my current cyberarm on my decker with a modular one with removable forearms containing medkit, hardware kit, and running kit. At the moment, though, costs are coming in astronomical, with no mechanical gains. I'd be having to carry a medkit arm rather than having a medkit 3 in a pocket and medkit 6 bag with me or in the van.

You could just carry a Medkit 4 (6) from bullets & Bandages in a hip pouch. No reason to leave it at the van... or to carry it in your arm. I managed to hang on to a Gyromount in my RA & even wastefully extravagant Large LED Tattoo in the LA (for Role Play reasons... the very worst reasons in my munchkin mind :P ) but 10 Capacity for a Medkit was funny useless when I read it. By kind cool for the DocWagon HTR guy... but everyone else would just be wasting the Arm.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #226 on: <07-23-15/0744:22> »
You could just carry a Medkit 4 (6) from bullets & Bandages in a hip pouch. No reason to leave it at the van... or to carry it in your arm.
I think you perhaps mean Medkit 3 (5), as Medkit 4 is Small Backpack or duffel bag. Medkit 3 fits in a large pouch, 2 in a small pouch.
In addition I'd need to take a point of Cybertech skill, as it's required for an extended test to upgrade the medkit, with my 8 logic, hitting threshold 5 test should be ok.
And of course, get GM permission as it's an optional rule.
Definitely worthy of consideration though.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #227 on: <07-23-15/0802:16> »
Moved over from the Errata thread...

Why wasn't an Augmentation Upgrade Path provided in Chromed Flesh like Magic Types got for their Foci in Street Grimore?.

Nobody asked me to! I wouldn't at all mind adding it. The first time I even heard someone bring it up was when the guys at Critical Glitch were complaining. Knowing there's a demand, I'm more than happy to toss it out there.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #228 on: <07-23-15/0926:18> »

Why wasn't an Augmentation Upgrade Path provided in Chromed Flesh like Magic Types got for their Foci in Street Grimore?.

Nobody asked me to! I wouldn't at all mind adding it. The first time I even heard someone bring it up was when the guys at Critical Glitch were complaining. Knowing there's a demand, I'm more than happy to toss it out there.

Thanks... this is a needed inclusion in almost every game system not just Shadowrun. But it can be fixed with Houseruling that you don't have to have 'ware pulled out, you just pay for the upgrade (Rating or Grade.) Be really nice if it was included in the official rules though.

You could just carry a Medkit 4 (6) from bullets & Bandages in a hip pouch. No reason to leave it at the van... or to carry it in your arm.
I think you perhaps mean Medkit 3 (5), as Medkit 4 is Small Backpack or duffel bag. Medkit 3 fits in a large pouch,

And that's why you are never supposed to change your first answer on the test. I had written 3(5) but then wasn't a 100% & was to lazy to go check... meh. A 3(5) is still better than a 3... a NPC can upgrade it for you. Just like Armorers, Talismongers, or Surgeons... some things are just better to offload to NPC contacts & contractors.
« Last Edit: <07-23-15/0937:50> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #229 on: <07-23-15/0945:20> »

While we're at it, I want rules to go crazy and pick up negative qualities at low essense. And rules to go crazy with high magic. That'd be sweet. More insanity for everyone!

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #230 on: <07-23-15/1829:28> »

While we're at it, I want rules to go crazy and pick up negative qualities at low essense. And rules to go crazy with high magic. That'd be sweet. More insanity for everyone!

I read this post a couple times... do you really think that not forcing characters to hemorrhage their Resources A investment from Chargen all over the operating table is "high powered" or "insane"? You do realize that it would be forcing a Mage to lose a point of Magic if they raise Spellcasting or Summoning. Upgrading 'ware makes a character weaker not stronger since they are losing so much starting investment every time they do it. No other Archetypes have to lose starting chargen investment to advance during play.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #231 on: <07-23-15/2006:48> »
I much prefer having disadvantages available and mentioning that they're common among low-Essence (or high-Magic) people, instead of making them rules so that people have to get yet more punished for buying up the goodies the game gives you to buy up.

It's the game where man meets magic and machine;  you shouldn't be penalized for wanting to do so.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <07-23-15/2156:00> »

I read this post a couple times... do you really think that not forcing characters to hemorrhage their Resources A investment from Chargen all over the operating table is "high powered" or "insane"? You do realize that it would be forcing a Mage to lose a point of Magic if they raise Spellcasting or Summoning. Upgrading 'ware makes a character weaker not stronger since they are losing so much starting investment every time they do it. No other Archetypes have to lose starting chargen investment to advance during play.
Wakshaani
If you could look into that, that'd be really appreciated. Pretty much every table I've played at has house ruled that you pay the difference in cost and essence when upgrading ware ratings or grade. The normal stipulations for essence holes and extended medical care should of course apply.

Zhoul,

I think DeathStrobe was being serious here. That being said, Chrome Flesh already covers a lot of low-essence mental instabilities that are optional, but thematic. These could easily be applied to high magic users to represent the god complex and or mental disconnect such characters may exhibit.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #233 on: <07-23-15/2255:34> »

Tag line is "everything has a price." And right now there is very little cost in magic, like insanely low compared to being cybered.

It totally makes thematic sense too. The more you submerge the closer you get to the astral which disconnects you more from the meat world. Why shouldn't there be a cost to tapping into unfathomable magical powers from the deep metaplanes?

If the ultimate end game for a Street Sam is becoming a cyber zombie, why shouldn't mages have something just as dangerous and awesome?

I'd also like something crazy like that for Technomancers too. I'd also like something like that for deckers, but I can't think of anything that they actually tap into to become more powerful. Maybe ascend into the Matrix and become all powerful e-Ghosts with 40 depth. You know what...that sounds kind of cool actually. And depending on how bad ass Alice Haeffner is, there could be some fluff implications that is a thing.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <07-23-15/2333:51> »
Yeah, it's pretty much the same in 5th as 4th, just style points. The only mechanical advantage is networking it with your other cybergear, but that's kinda outlying. STill, *somebody* will want one, and that person gets a hug from me if they want it. :)

The main mechanical advantage is it goes from a 40 lbs Hockey bag sized thing to "fits in your cyberlimb".  Now if only I had a medic with a cyberlimb.  : )

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #235 on: <08-27-15/1016:55> »
Release date Sept 02, 2015

New artwork by Victor Moreno posted on Tumblr:

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #236 on: <08-27-15/1105:59> »
Small note: I originally didn't have the spidersilk gland in there. I'd never seen anyone use one, ever, and it had a HUGE swath of rules. I figured I could put three or four things into that space.

Then the artwork for this dropped, and it was a case of, "Welp, now it HAS to be there."

Jason saved my bacon and tossed it in after my work'd been uploaded.

I still feel like a goober. :)

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #237 on: <08-27-15/1116:26> »
I don't know if this has been bright up, but are the Capacity ratings on the Liminal Body mods correct? They seem to be in the range of "insanely high" and seems like your average runner is gonna run out of nuyen before they run out of room in those things,.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #238 on: <08-27-15/1222:02> »
I don't know if this has been bright up, but are the Capacity ratings on the Liminal Body mods correct? They seem to be in the range of "insanely high" and seems like your average runner is gonna run out of nuyen before they run out of room in those things,.

Nope, they're correct! Centaur Body is based on the same as having four obvious legs, for instance, which is really a tad *less* than it should have since you also have that big long 'sub torso' to work with. Wheels and Tank! are for those who're feeling really frisky and want a body full of toys.

I have about six more to add in the future if they let me. :)

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #239 on: <08-27-15/1231:48> »
Wow, that's amazing, haha. What's your favorite set of addons to spend all that Capacity on, then? I like the idea of a mechanic with a Tank! body who has several different Built-in Toolkits, as a whole array of weird tools on arms that pop out of their chassis.
« Last Edit: <08-27-15/1234:44> by IntrepidVector »