NEWS

[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

adzling

« Reply #90 on: <06-30-15/1720:25> »
Editor is still out to lunch.
I wonder if he will ever return.
But I guess he was never here, I mean core and s.g. were a horror show compared to this.
I wonder what if catalysts battle tech books suffer similarly?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <06-30-15/1721:26> »
To all...I passed the feedback along regarding the ToC (for both Chrome Flesh and Data Trails) to Jason this morning...he is aware. I believe that time constraints were the main reason for not including more detailed versions... :( They are considering releasing PDF indices, but no time frame at the moment.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #92 on: <06-30-15/1724:41> »
About the Negative Quality: Cyber-Snob p.57

"A character must have at least 1 point worth of Essence of betaware-grade cyberware or bioware to be able to take this quality."

Last time I checked, your not allowed to start play with Beta-grade ware, so why make a flaw that requires it?

Or am I missing something?

About the Positive Quality: Biocompatibility p.54

"the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth."

Really?  That would mean that something like a datajack would round down to 0 (.1*.9 = .09 which this would round down to 0) Is this really intended?
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/1830:06> by SichoPhiend »
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #93 on: <06-30-15/1738:33> »
Question about the Custom Cyberweapon. It says it increases the Availability but is that added to the base type (Cyber Heavy Pistol) or to the Ares Predator V?

As for the ToC, there are programs out there that'd do this automatically.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #94 on: <06-30-15/1828:59> »

"A character must have at least 1 point worth of Essence of betaware-grade cyberware or bioware to be able to take this quality."

Last time I checked, your not allowed to start play with Beta-grade ware, so why make a flaw that requires it?

It's a good way to help pay off Restricted Gear I'm guessing?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #95 on: <06-30-15/1832:44> »

It's a good way to help pay off Restricted Gear I'm guessing?

Except, Restricted Gear doesn't give you access to Beta, it only increases the availability you can start with (Not the grade of cyber/bio-ware).
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <06-30-15/1845:42> »
Good point.  NFC!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #97 on: <06-30-15/1910:56> »
To all...I passed the feedback along regarding the ToC (for both Chrome Flesh and Data Trails) to Jason this morning...he is aware. I believe that time constraints were the main reason for not including more detailed versions... :( They are considering releasing PDF indices, but no time frame at the moment.

Well, for my money, pass along to Jason that a good book is more than Jackpoint fluff.  I really like Shadowrun and I am currently enjoying a 5e game, but this edition seems plagued with shoddy or absent editorial oversight and flat cheap/lazy production.  Crunch heavy games need things like toc/indexes.  Data trails seems almost unusable to me because of it, and it sounds like this one is just a bad.  Produce professional quality if you want me to pay for these bloody books!

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #98 on: <06-30-15/1918:12> »
Terrible ToC and no index...an affront to my researcher sensibilities.

And I notice the street sammies didn't get the sweet upgrade option the awakened got for foci in Street Grimoire.  Here's my shocked face.   >:(
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Dal Thrax

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <06-30-15/2028:41> »
What upgrade option are you talking about?
Warning: most likely posting from a tablet.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <06-30-15/2031:53> »
Question about the Custom Cyberweapon. It says it increases the Availability but is that added to the base type (Cyber Heavy Pistol) or to the Ares Predator V?

As for the ToC, there are programs out there that'd do this automatically.

Added to the Weapon (for example, the Ares Predator) ... you're requesting a specific weapon be modified into a cybergun, rather than a cybergun be changed into a specific weapon. (Odd distinction, but it matters) ... IN effect, you're having them saw off the grip of a Predator, then kid the butt up with cybernetic connector ports, then adding a few more tweaks to get it ready for use.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #101 on: <06-30-15/2036:55> »
What upgrade option are you talking about?

He's referring to the ability to upgrade an existing Foci from say a 2 to a 3 without replacing the Foci.  There was hope that we'd be able to upgrade an existing piece of cyber, say Wired Reflexes 1 to 2, without having to just pull the old ones and replace them with entirely new ones at full price.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <06-30-15/2037:54> »

Got in Proofing, slipped through the crack in the time crunch. :(

Suggested edit is to replace BETA with ALPHA in all instances, then lower the points from teh quality. I'd say 8, others think 8... we'll see.

Regardless, this should be in the errata. (And, for everyone, there will be errata, so any issues you find, LET US KNOW! The more you find, the more we can fix.)

About the Positive Quality: Biocompatibility p.54

"the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth."

Really?  That would mean that something like a datajack would round down to 0 (.1*.9 = .09 which this would round down to 0) Is this really intended?

Badly written. The goal was to take, say, Alpha's 0.8 and reduce it to 0.72, which would be 0.7, but the phrasing on that was awful. The exact wording will come in errata, but it should read something like:

"Reduce Essence Loss from 'ware by an additional 10%, thus Alpha (Normally an Essence Cost of 0.8, ould become an Essence Cost of 0.7".

It'll make your read much better.

Shadowrun players can handle two digit Essence. At least I hope so, I have a bunch of 0.05 things in there!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <06-30-15/2040:02> »
Upgrading the rating or quality of ware, I believe. Mages can upgrade foci under very specific circumstances as of Street Grimoire, but to go from one rating to the next and/or go from alpha to beta grade you as a street samurai you must rip out the old system, selling it for whatever you can get, and then implant the new system.

Easy enough to house rule, but I'd personally like to see this officially supported, because some ware options are just completely out of reach otherwise, and there's only so much essence to go around.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #104 on: <06-30-15/2053:59> »
"Upgrading an Existing Focus", p. 230, Street Grimoire.  I had held out hope that something similar would come around for augmentations, because mundanes really need the help.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)