NEWS

[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <06-29-15/2234:29> »
Advanced medtech rules. Toxins, drugs, and other chemicals.

Yup!

Something that makes cyberlimbs more attractive choices, because without the ability to affect movement rate and/or physical limit they are essentially expensive containers at the moment.

Yup!

Cyberzombie rules and background material.

... Not sure on this one. Ack. The background is touched on, but I haven't looked over the big stuff at the end yet. So... maybe?

Type O or similar qualities that allow a street samurai to pack more chrome into the WEAK FLESH! *ehem*

Yup!

More ware, though I hope that's a given :)

And Yup. So, maybe not QUITE a clean sweep, but hopefully you'll be happy. :)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <06-29-15/2334:31> »
So.. it seems the datajack debate has been answered... one of the cyberware bundles comes with 3 datajacks.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <06-29-15/2343:21> »
So.. it seems the datajack debate has been answered... one of the cyberware bundles comes with 3 datajacks.

I'm not familiar with the Datajack Debate. Could you summarize it for me?

(Multi-jacks were normal in older editions. Each one was dedicated to a Thing after all. For instance, one for your Smartgun, one for your Cyberdeck, and one for your external data storage device.)

adzling

« Reply #48 on: <06-29-15/2345:51> »
it's the debate about whether multiple datajacks should compound the noise reduction.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #49 on: <06-29-15/2349:45> »
Ahh minute leave for work, PDF goes on sale lol.  Quick flash thu and seeing everything I wanted and so much more!  Not much saw on cyberzombies first pass, get better look tommorow.  Good stuff so far though.
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/2351:49> by Prime Mover »
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <06-29-15/2356:04> »
AH! I don't *believe* that multi-jacks would stack, BUT, there's now a cyber-ear mod that will.
(My personal menatl image is akin to this:)
http://img06.deviantart.net/7b64/i/2010/174/a/c/mecha_manga_girl_by_psssking.jpg
(Your milage may vary, of course!)

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <06-30-15/0027:54> »
AWESOME! I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow...

Working, you slags. That's what allows me to buy all these neato books! :)

9 out of 10 is acceptable Waskhaani :D

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <06-30-15/0038:27> »
So have 5e cybersuites been quietly put to pasture, and replaced with augmentation bundles?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <06-30-15/0045:44> »
So have 5e cybersuites been quietly put to pasture, and replaced with augmentation bundles?

Cybersuites popped up in Lockdown, just before the cybernetics chapter for Chrome Flesh was being wrapped up. I had no clue that they were going to be over there, so, a quick re-jiggering was needed unless we wanted another situation where the same gear was posted in two+ places with different rules. The easy solution was to rename the Chrome Flesh work, letting them stand separately from the Lockdown work.

Lack of communication from two different teams that almost got bad.

So, two different things with different rules that are similar to one another but not quite the same.

There might be Bioware Bundles in the future, but they'll need a ruleset as well, since the Augmentation Bundle rule doesn't work with them for obvious reasons. :) I'd like to create some more in the future, at any rate.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <06-30-15/0112:37> »
Yah; I was hoping for a full cyberlimb body, seeing as Lockdown played coy by offering full limbs with orthoskin, vs partial limbs with torso & skull.
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0116:50> by Novocrane »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <06-30-15/0154:17> »
So... I guess it needs to be asked.

Can a character gain advantages of both Adapsin gene treatment and Biocombatability (Cyberware)?

Sure Adapsin it outside the normal Availability, but for a street sam might be worth a Restricted Gear.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <06-30-15/0220:19> »
*eyetwitch* Skillwires are still Rating x 20K? huh?  Why??

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <06-30-15/0232:08> »
Honk if you love Internal Routers.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <06-30-15/0232:47> »
So... I guess it needs to be asked.

Can a character gain advantages of both Adapsin gene treatment and Biocombatability (Cyberware)?

Sure Adapsin it outside the normal Availability, but for a street sam might be worth a Restricted Gear.

They Stacked in 4th but Adapsin was so new then that it was flat out denied during Chargen even with the Restricted Gear Quality. With how they restructured 'ware costs to be so front loaded & Grades being much cheaper as well as Adapsin not being so new... it stacks & can be gotten with the Restricted Gear Quality (yes... another piece of 'ware besides a Pain Editor worth getting)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <06-30-15/0255:27> »
Honk if you love Internal Routers.

I can't because... well I don't really 'get' it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor