NEWS

Deadly Waves out now, with all sorts of watercraft! Also, an Arsenal update!

• 71 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #45 on: <07-10-11/1010:08> »
which the ithing does not have i think. ctrl+f i mean.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <07-10-11/1215:03> »
iBooks app has a search function, actually. It is.. not fast, however. Sometimes quicker to just page through, especially if you have a good idea where in the book the rule is. Someone with a laptop or DTF will be much quicker. Still, it lets me be more useful than distracting people when my dice towers fall over.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-10-11/1542:25> »
Also useful when you're a poster on the forums that likes answering people's questions.  Ctrl+F is your friend.  ;D
Nah, the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are much more important for that.
Finding the relevant text is usually quite easy, but getting it to a post would be a pain in the butt with-out those 2 ;)

Ofcource that trick doesn't, for obvious reasons, work with the older books :(
"An it harm none, do what you will"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #48 on: <07-10-11/1553:44> »
The new PDFs that CGL is putting out have OCR for their new-old products.  At least, Street Samurai Catalog is, with the exception of the Shadowtalk in the black squares.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #49 on: <07-12-11/2328:05> »
Sorry to be late to this thread, but I wanted to apologize for the Arsenal problems. The history of how the reprint got to be what it is is long and tangled, but hopefully it will help to say that the PDF will be corrected once layout can get GenCon stuff put to bed.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <07-13-11/0752:18> »
The new PDFs that CGL is putting out have OCR for their new-old products.  At least, Street Samurai Catalog is, with the exception of the Shadowtalk in the black squares.
Well i was ofcource referring to hard-copies that for some weird reason don't seem to have copy-paste functionality ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #51 on: <07-13-11/1040:20> »
Well i was ofcource referring to hard-copies that for some weird reason don't seem to have copy-paste functionality ;)
pity, really . .
still need scanners/smartphones for that . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #52 on: <07-15-11/1608:10> »

Sure they do. It's just that the old 1.0 copy-paste hardware takes a lot more time to complete the function.

:)

-k

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <07-18-11/0937:13> »
Sorry to be late to this thread, but I wanted to apologize for the Arsenal problems. The history of how the reprint got to be what it is is long and tangled, but hopefully it will help to say that the PDF will be corrected once layout can get GenCon stuff put to bed.

Jason H.
Still have a VERY hard time believing that this happened twice in a row by accident - but nevertheless it's nice to see an official word that the problem will be taken care of :)

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <07-18-11/1211:00> »
Still have a VERY hard time believing that this happened twice in a row by accident - but nevertheless it's nice to see an official word that the problem will be taken care of :)

Some of it has to do with the problems of running a decentralized corporation, where not all files are stored at a central repository.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <07-18-11/1237:15> »
Come and join iCloud! :D

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #56 on: <07-18-11/1242:26> »
Come and join iCloud! :D

Once the new OS has had it's initial release, I plan on looking at all that very carefully!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <07-18-11/1606:22> »
Some of it has to do with the problems of running a decentralized corporation, where not all files are stored at a central repository.

Jason H.
That's why I usually set up a SVN repository whenever more than one person needs to edit/view a file. Before Doodle, we even did schedules that way ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #58 on: <07-18-11/1903:48> »

Jason H.
I had typed out a huge idea of suggestions, but remembered that my networking courses were almost a decade ago and hopelessly obsolete now, and that there's probably a lot better people already on the job trying to work out a solution...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Nebular

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <07-19-11/1115:25> »

Jason H.
That's why I usually set up a SVN repository whenever more than one person needs to edit/view a file. Before Doodle, we even did schedules that way ;)
I setup an SVN repository for anything important I'm working on, even when it's just me and/or personal projects I work on at home (but I do software development, so it's an norm for the job). Nothing worse than losing a bunch of hard work, either from data loss, someone overwriting it, or me being stupid and deleting or replacing something I shouldn't have. It's free insurance from boneheaded moves. :)
Need a SR4 character generator? Grab the latest version of Chummer, or check out the Chummer discussion for more information!