NEWS

Deadly Waves out now, with all sorts of watercraft! Also, an Arsenal update!

• 71 Replies

Pinkys.Brain

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <07-07-11/1616:17> »
Sorry Critias, but while it may be understandable that you defend your fellow writers, telling the customers to stop "bitching" about clear inconsistencies is ridiculous! You cannot tell me that the landscape in South America has changed without anyone noticing it  :o

While this mistake could be easily forgiven, because everyone can easily notice that it does not make sense - the Arsenal is the real clusterf*** -, telling us customers to shut up and just "adjust" our setting to make it work is "not nice".

Why can't CGL just correct the pdf and update it, instead of telling us to keep quiet about it? Why can they not explain the geographical situation in Bogota here in this thread and help us adjust our SR-setting? In the case of Bogota in Deadly Waves we are really just having laughs, because it invites us to. So we really don't need to have it escalated by you.

Over and out.

« Last Edit: <07-07-11/1619:54> by Pinkys.Brain »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #31 on: <07-07-11/1654:19> »
Sorry Critias, but while it may be understandable that you defend your fellow writers, telling the customers to stop "bitching" about clear inconsistencies is ridiculous! You cannot tell me that the landscape in South America has changed without anyone noticing it  :o

While this mistake could be easily forgiven, because everyone can easily notice that it does not make sense - the Arsenal is the real clusterf*** -, telling us customers to shut up and just "adjust" our setting to make it work is "not nice".

Why can't CGL just correct the pdf and update it, instead of telling us to keep quiet about it? Why can they not explain the geographical situation in Bogota here in this thread and help us adjust our SR-setting? In the case of Bogota in Deadly Waves we are really just having laughs, because it invites us to. So we really don't need to have it escalated by you.

Over and out.
Do me a favor and find me one place I told anyone to stop bitching, told them to shut up, or in any way tried to silence them.  Here's a hint, I'm not.  While we're at it, show me where I'm defending anyone!  Here's another hint, I'm not, I've clearly stated that I don't know why the books were written like they were.  If I somehow came across that way, I apologize, but it certainly wasn't my intent to be silencing anyone;  just offering options and rationalizations on how to make something a playable facet of a Shadowrun game.

In fact, I'm not even sure what you mean by saying I'm "escalating" anything.  All I'm doing is contributing to a conversation.  I didn't write any of the books folks are talking about, so I'm not talking as a member of the company -- I'm just making a suggestion for ways to make it work, as a fan, just like I've been doing on forums like this one for about ten years, now.  If you don't like my suggestion, that's fine.  You're free to ignore me, smite me, do whatever you've got to do;  but kindly don't act like I'm trying to crack down and silence anyone, thanks.
« Last Edit: <07-08-11/1416:00> by Critias »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #32 on: <07-07-11/1707:18> »
Guys...  Let it drop, maybe?

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <07-07-11/1758:42> »
I didn't write any of the books folks are talking about, so I'm not talking as a member of the company -- I'm just making a suggestion for ways to make it work, as a fan, just like I've been doing on forums like this one for about ten years, now.
Ah, the hard life of a company man : the shadowrunners outside no longer trust you, but the corporation never will either.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #34 on: <07-07-11/1825:42> »
Or none of the above. I don't thing Critias is anything close to a "company man"

BUT!!!!!!

For what it's worth, lets just talk about the product at hand, eh? Let's not get this thread locked.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #35 on: <07-07-11/2104:47> »
Actually, considering the crowd, wouldn't "Company Man" count as a personal attack or insult?  :P

More boats, less complaining.  I think we're all in agreement about the errata issue, so there needs not more to be said on the subject.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #37 on: <07-08-11/0813:13> »
We are very off-topic here. Let's bring it back.

So....how ABOUT 'dem boats? Got stats for an aircraft carrier or other "naval" type vessels, or this strictly just personal watercraft?

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <07-08-11/0837:41> »
We are very off-topic here. Let's bring it back.

So....how ABOUT 'dem boats? Got stats for an aircraft carrier or other "naval" type vessels, or this strictly just personal watercraft?
Great. Now I'm picturing Kane on the deck of an aircraft carrier. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <07-08-11/0909:48> »

Great. Now I'm picturing Kane on the deck of an aircraft carrier. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Just upped the AWESOME, that's what
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #40 on: <07-08-11/0945:49> »
And I quote another thread:

"HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAhaaaaa"

I've become the enabler of chaos today, havent I?

8)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-08-11/1009:54> »
And I quote another thread:

"HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAhaaaaa"

I've become the enabler of chaos today, havent I?

8)

Somebody has to do it  ;D
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <07-08-11/1548:02> »
Man, if that's all you got in your head about Kane, count yourself lucky.  The ideas I have for the guy...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <07-10-11/0009:18> »
Took the Arsenal reprint as an opportunity to pick up a pdf of my own, rather than borrowing the book from friends. Oh, and also snag a drekload of other pdfs. Having fun supporting my favorite roleplaying game!
Side note: it is quite useful to have pdfs on my comm iThing as a backup to the table copies of books--it lets me look up answers to a rules question while waiting for my turn in combat. Or when working on a character, having a couple monitors' worth open.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <07-10-11/0010:57> »
Also useful when you're a poster on the forums that likes answering people's questions.  Ctrl+F is your friend.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11