NEWS

SR6 release schedule

• 18 Replies

MTCE

• Newb
« on: <12-10-19/1425:52> »
Looked around other posts, didn't see it elsewhere, so forgive me if I overlooked it. Is there any kind of a release schedule for SR6 books? I, for one, haven't seen or heard anything since the (much errata-ed) CRB came out in August.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-10-19/1443:08> »
I haven't seen a release schedule, but I have seen official people saying that there are the following products coming "soon":

Cutting Black- plot book kicking off this editions storylines
Firing Squad- combat splatbook
The Splatbook Referred to as "Rigger 6" but remains to be seen if it'll actually be named that- the Line Dev said in a youtube interview that this is slated for Gen Con 2020 release.
The Splatbook Referred to as "Street Grimoire 6" but remains to be seen if it'll actually be named that- the Line Dev said this is coming too, in that same interview.  No date was given though, but IIRC he was saying it'd be before Gen Con 2020.

There's also a (non-SRM) mission that's been actual-played on youtube in its prerelease state, but I haven't seen anything officially said about it so I'm not comfortable saying more than this.

RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <12-10-19/1457:20> »
I haven't seen a release schedule, but I have seen official people saying that there are the following products coming "soon":

Cutting Black- plot book kicking off this editions storylines
Firing Squad- combat splatbook
The Splatbook Referred to as "Rigger 6" but remains to be seen if it'll actually be named that- the Line Dev said in a youtube interview that this is slated for Gen Con 2020 release.
The Splatbook Referred to as "Street Grimoire 6" but remains to be seen if it'll actually be named that- the Line Dev said this is coming too, in that same interview.  No date was given though, but IIRC he was saying it'd be before Gen Con 2020.

There's also a (non-SRM) mission that's been actual-played on youtube in its prerelease state, but I haven't seen anything officially said about it so I'm not comfortable saying more than this.

Also 30 Nights (I think that was the name?), an adventure set in Toronto, presumably during the black-out type situation teased back in the Spring.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-11-19/2036:56> »
The last release schedule they posted was before the CRB was released, and it’s safe to say none of those dates are valid anymore. Your guess is as good as anyone’s. They haven’t said a damn thing.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <12-12-19/0153:00> »
There were some Facebook things but yeah they're at 'no info until we have the thing in hand' mode again.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-12-19/0331:57> »
Just a heads up, Free Seattle is up at DriveThruRPG. Looks to be a update on Seattle for first 26 or so pages then leads into an adventure. Will pick it up shortly. Cheers runners and happy holidays :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <12-12-19/0358:37> »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Now to wait until I can get my hands on it.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/294048/Shadowrun-Free-Seattle-Adventure

*Looks at the index in the preview*
Urubia and a Telestrian in the Cast of Shadows... Nothing good can come from THAT! I really like having 17 or 18 pages aimed at updated info on how Seattle works. Let's see, two hosts in scenes, which is real nice. Pages 45-46 are an important guideline for how we're going to do rewards in adventures (though Free Seattle is VERY excessive reward-wise, the karma/reputation/heat things will be nice to look at). Eagerly looking forward to reading this.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-12-19/1743:55> »
No Kalanyr or anarchists at play, that's pretty disappointing.  oh well!  can modify.

Shadowhack

• Newb
  • We live in a dystopian society right now.
« Reply #8 on: <12-13-19/1106:22> »
Free Seattle looks pretty good. Rent is due and I'll have to wait for a bit to buy it.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <12-13-19/1338:51> »
"designed to immerse you in this edition and help you learn how the rules work."

This implies there are rules clarifications in the book.  Anyone have it yet to be able to confirm? 

GuardDuty

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <12-13-19/1353:15> »
Without more context, I don't read that as an implication of rules clarifications and more of a "here's an adventure to get your feet wet without brutalizing and demolishing you for being a newb".  Which makes sense to put out early in a new edition.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <12-13-19/1455:27> »
So "help" should only be taken to mean "going easy"?   :-\

Either its providing assistance with using the rules or it isn't. If it provides text that assists and advises, then it is objectively trying to help.  If it does not, then at best you could say it isn't hurting.  Not hurting does not equal helping.  It's misleading to say it "helps" if it doesn't provide any specific text that assists people to learn the rules.

The TOC previews don't indicate that there are any sections that provide this.  I'm wondering if there are sidebars or other text that attempts to assist and in what ways.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-13-19/1523:03> »
No sidebars or examples like you find in the CRB, but it has page references.  For example, when the adventure calls for a maglock, it points the reader to the CRB page number for dealing with maglocks.  When it describes what IC lives on a host, it informs the reader that IC is detailed on pg 187, and in the same section when a Matrix perception test is called for, it references that page as well.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <12-13-19/1648:01> »
OK, thanks. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <12-14-19/0501:45> »
I'm currently occupied so all I got to do is read the Legwork parts and Adventure outcome (needed because of reasons), and holy HECK.