Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Forum Speak

<< < (12/13) > >>

MagusRogue:
One i see alot and never knew until recently:

TL;DR= Too Long; Didn't Read. basically when someones gonna post something really long and wants to leave a cliff notes, or someone else basically saying the prev post was too long and/or pointless.

Raven2049:
some ones that i am guessing on the meanings but want spelled out so i know what im talking about when referring to them

Pink Mohawk game
Mirrorshades game
Black Trenchcoat game

etc...

BigJake:

--- Quote from: Raven2049 on ---some ones that i am guessing on the meanings but want spelled out so i know what im talking about when referring to them

Pink Mohawk game
Mirrorshades game
Black Trenchcoat game

etc...

--- End quote ---

I've seen it explained thusly:

--- Quote from: Canray on DumpShock ---Pink Mohawk: Full out Punk, the good guys never win, the bad guys are worse than the sociopaths, and over-the-top action is how you do things. Bring lots of drugs and even more ammo!

Mirrorshades: Far more professional and strict. Lots of planning, detail, contacts used, preparation, and use of the mind. Corruption is strife, however, and unless you've gone on a double-digit murder spree of security and police officers, freedom is only a bribe to the right person away.

Trenchcoat: A combination of the two. You start out Mirrorshades, but when/if something goes wrong, the coats come off and the 'hawks come out, complete with Gatling Guns and PACs.
--- End quote ---

His use of the term "mirrorshades" is kind of alien to me, though. The distinction I'm familiar with is "pink mohawk" versus "black trenchcoat," with "black trenchcoat" meaning what he's describing as "Mirrorshades." The way I'm accustomed to understanding it, “black trenchcoat” Shadowrun features runners for whom professionalism trumps swagger, substance trumps style and cleverness trumps raw firepower; “pink mohawk” Shadowrun is more about ill-disciplined crazy people getting in hilarious forms of trouble and gratuitously blowing stuff up. (To put it in Eighties action show terms: if MacGyver was black trenchcoat, the A-Team was pink mohawk.)

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Yeah, the reverse on Mirrorshades and Black Trenchcoat.  BT is deep spy things - you might have to shoot your way out, but you're going to be using a silenced pistol, and disappearing into the streets / sewers just as soon as you can, going underground and silent.  Mirrorshades is BT with a Pink Mohawk finish - you do everything you can to keep it quiet, but you bring along the C4 and keep a minigun and a rotary grenade launcher in the combat van just in case it all blows up on you.

Rift_0f_Bladz:
My group originally tried for the mirrorshade style, but quickly figured out we are all too neon pink and our mohawks have mohawks. But, we have fun, so no one cares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version