NEWS

Load Times

• 86 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <05-14-16/1807:13> »
Yeah, things have been pretty spotty recently. I'll poke around to see if I can get any more info.

adamu

« Reply #61 on: <05-18-16/0442:51> »
I just now typed a post.

Hit reply.

Watched nothing happen for a minute or so.

Went over to Dumpshock and made a post.

Came back - still nothing.

Went and had breakfast and when I came back the post had finally gone up.

Getting worse.

Appreciate anything you can do!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <05-18-16/0650:22> »
I'm even getting network time-outs from time to time.  Since I don't have it with other websites, I assume it's on the server end and not my end.  Next time I have one, I'll copy it and put it up here.  It's not saying anything to me, but it might to someone who actually knows something about it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <05-23-16/0653:56> »
I've had the timeouts again and I got two different errors.  I'll put them here so the tech people can see if it helps them with knowing what's going in.

first one:
Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

second one:
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <05-24-16/1009:15> »
Fortunately a new server is in sight. No specific date, but it's happening.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Pixelated

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <07-10-16/0126:53> »
So weird but I know a Peter Smith in real life who introduced me to SR 2nd edition a looong time ago :P Glad to see delay is not just me! Here's for upgrades! \o/

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #66 on: <07-10-16/0959:09> »
Nope, its not just you :(

Sadly the server takes up to 2 minutes to respond for me somedays as well.... which makes posting from a phone a challenge (keeps shutting down, waiting for the server to respond).

Used to be some in the office would go feed the hamster, and server would settle down again.... I'm guessing said hamster has been over-fed and no longer fits in his wheel, thus he can't cycle the server fast enough anymore for the activity.....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <08-02-16/1403:15> »
Load times are pretty brutal (and sporadic) yesterday/today...

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <08-05-16/0305:09> »
Load times are often bad, sometimes depressingly so.
The forum was unresponsive (timeouts) for thirty minutes just now. That's quite lame.
Oh and after that, just to add insult to injury, we went straight to connection problems to the database.

Yeah, "a new server is in sight". It could be reassuring if it wasn't first announced in May. Or if the forum's engine wasn't outdated since September, 18th. Since we're in august, with the holidays here, I won't insist too much on  the fact that all mails are blocked since a few days ago (and not for something trivial, but because of a trojan on the server) with no official answer, but it's not looking good either.

So, any concrete news, or will we see all traffic end up on Dumpshock?
Probably a dumb question given the age of the thread, I know, but...
« Last Edit: <08-05-16/0310:42> by Imladir »
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <08-05-16/0710:24> »
No official word at the moment.

The email issue has been reported...I believe it is impacting the BattleCorp store as well as the forums. I expect that to get addressed shortly, but given GenCon, not sure we'll see anything until next week.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <08-05-16/0923:05> »
I'd really like to believe that everything will be right after GenCon...

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <08-30-16/2327:43> »
For at least six hours now the forum was completely unresponsive (as in always timing out, no matter which page was loading).

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <08-30-16/2350:37> »
Yup! It's improved now though! It only takes 30-45 seconds to load a page!

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <08-30-16/2352:36> »
For at least six hours now the forum was completely unresponsive (as in always timing out, no matter which page was loading).

Seriously. A six hour outage leads me to believe someone may have deliberately fragged with the server. Seems to be working ok at the moment, however.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <08-31-16/0021:48> »
Nah, it's much simpler, there are too many messages right now for the forum to handle easily (which is probably due to a mix of a low-tier server, no maintenance in the last year, etc). Maybe some conflicting mods, etc.
Trimming the useless stuff in the database (expired cache sessions and so on) could probably improve things a bit.