NEWS

Infected amd bioware

• 7 Replies

忍

« on: <11-08-18/1701:02> »
Can non-regen infected start with bioware? RF does state that becoming infected lowers bioware rating, but doesnt say much in the way of chcharge. Any ideas?

Mollari

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-08-18/1719:33> »
Hey there mate.

A question I believe I can answer.

So bioware is affected by HMHV by lowering it's rating by one. If the bioware does not have a rating or is reduced to zero then the bioware disappears. Consumed by the HMHV.
This is in Run Faster.

So if an individual had a pain editor and a mnemonic enhancer R1, and then became infected, the pain editor would be consumed as it has no rating, and the mnemonic enhancer would also disappear as it's rating is reduced to zero. Had the mnemonic enhancer been rating 2, it would be reduced to rating 1.

To the question of if 'non regen' infected can 'start' with bioware, yes they can. To clarify, the regeneration power only amps up the requirements for bioware and cyberware, making it only delta that can be accepted. Otherwise the detriment to bioware is the same regardless if you have the regeneration power or not.

I hope that answered your question.

To summarise.
1) Can non-regen infected start with bioware: Yes
2) Bioware is reduced by one rating, regardless of regeneration or not

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <11-08-18/1721:26> »
As you know, the rules for an infected are on page 133 of RF.

In there, this is what they have to say:
(bold by me)
Infected characters can generally accept
augmentations, though of course they need to be
aware of their balance of Magic and Essence, as well
as Magic loss from any Essence loss
. Infected with the
Regeneration quality need high-quality augmentations
to keep their body from pretty much spitting the
augmentation out, meaning they can only accept
deltaware augmentatons.

I take this to mean that there is nothing other then essence death that an infected has to worry about when getting cyber (if they don't have the regeneration quality), So go ahead and build as normal...

Just watch that essence level, as Cyberware - depending on the strain- could lead to a very hungry infected.... or an infected that is not long for this world due to essence loss...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <11-08-18/1726:27> »
Hey there mate.

A question I believe I can answer.

So bioware is affected by HMHV by lowering it's rating by one. If the bioware does not have a rating or is reduced to zero then the bioware disappears. Consumed by the HMHV.
This is in Run Faster.

So if an individual had a pain editor and a mnemonic enhancer R1, and then became infected, the pain editor would be consumed as it has no rating, and the mnemonic enhancer would also disappear as it's rating is reduced to zero. Had the mnemonic enhancer been rating 2, it would be reduced to rating 1.

To the question of if 'non regen' infected can 'start' with bioware, yes they can. To clarify, the regeneration power only amps up the requirements for bioware and cyberware, making it only delta that can be accepted. Otherwise the detriment to bioware is the same regardless if you have the regeneration power or not.

I hope that answered your question.

To summarise.
1) Can non-regen infected start with bioware: Yes
2) Bioware is reduced by one rating, regardless of regeneration or not

Those losses are listed under "becoming infected during play"... in this case, as I understand it, the individual is already infected and wants to get ware...

It never directly says you have to adjust new ware for the infected (or that they have to purchase +1 levels). So I take this to mean that if you have 'ware and become infected, then the biological changes the body undergoes can affect existing ware....

but once the "change" to infected is complete and they get ware, this is less of an issue...

Of course, we are all just guessing here :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mollari

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-08-18/1750:42> »
Huh!

I never spotted that, and it never really made sense that it would just flat affect bioware. Becoming infected reduces it's rating, but installing it after becoming infected would take it into account. Getting a doc to work on an infected would be a pain... but bioware (especially cultured) would be custom made to accept it.

Thank you Reaver.

&#24525;

« Reply #5 on: <11-08-18/1759:31> »
The intent behind the inquiry is to determine the considerations into chargen. This makes the question of time of acquisition irrelevant, as becoming-rules don't apply.
« Last Edit: <11-09-18/1910:55> by 忍 »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <11-09-18/0021:28> »
Therefore delta-grade if they have Regeneration.  Muahahaa.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <11-09-18/0322:12> »
Implants obtained after the change should not be affected by the virus is my understanding. It’s only when the virus initially changes your body
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?