NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3390 on: <07-17-16/1055:44> »
Yelena is having fun flirting with the different offers, some of which actually interest her, until the man kisses her and she can feel the capsule on his tongue.  Instinctively knowing what it is, her heart stops and she can imagine the all-too-familiar euphoria even before it starts to race into her blood.  She can almost give in, but......but.....but.....the war inside her forces her to break away before the Bliss can act on her.  She plea in her eyes is not mirrored by her determination to not succumb.  "Please.  I cannot.  I appreciate the offer, but I cannot.  Too much at stake.  I have to..................."

She breaks off and heads over to where Firefly is.  "Yelena cannot stay.  Mistake come here.  Mistake go any bar.  Yelena weak.  Need help go away or maybe never leave."  There are tears in Yelena's eyes as she pleads with her friend to help her leave.  Already her senses are telling her to give in.  Let it happen.  What could be wrong about a night of forgetting.  Forgetting Marco.  Forgetting the pain of rejection.  Forgetting the pain of betrayal.  She feels a hand on her arm and looks to see the young man she had been kissing.  His eyes tell her enough as he holds out another capsule.  Yelena's hand instinctively jerks out, but her will forces it back down.  She steps back, bumping into someone.

[spoiler]Resist Psychological: Resist Addiction: 7d6t5 1  Use Edge to reroll misses:  Edge for Misses: 6d6t5 4  Whew!
Resist Physical:  Resist Addiction: 6d6t5 4  Whew again!  Did not need to use a second Edge.
« Last Edit: <07-17-16/2011:18> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #3391 on: <07-17-16/1128:55> »
Even before Yelena's display, I suspected we might need to make a break from the place.  Although I'd decided earlier to not be jacked in, my trusty Erika was snug in my jumpsuit and the cable to connect was strung just inside the cuff of my right sleeve where I could jack in with my right wrist at a moment's notice.  Fast jacking and quick examination of the surrounding AR had been drilled into me since I learned to walk and I zeroed in on the environmental controls of the bar even as I also sent a generous payment for what Yelena and I had, ourselves, ordered.

As soon as Yelena and I met any resistance on our retreat from the bar, I cut the lights and urge Yelena on toward the door using AR to help guide me and depending on Yelena's ability to operate in darkness.

If we make it out okay, I'll set everything the way it was before as we speed off.

[spoiler]I do not have the ability right now to roll, but given my skills, the likely weakness of security at a dive like this, and my wilingness to use edge, can this be considered a free effort?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-17-16/1137:40> by Shaman_Yuri »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3392 on: <07-17-16/1725:38> »
@ Yelena & Subaru  In the dark of the bar Yelena and Subaru find themselves grabbed by a few of their erstwhile "suitors" looking to take advantage of the sudden darkness in the bar to conceal their actions.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-17-16/2214:01> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3393 on: <07-17-16/2023:19> »
Yelena takes Firefly's hand and the two head for the door just as the lights go out.  Some of the men in the bar take advantage of the darkness to grab at the two women.  Yelena's initial reaction is to fight, but she does not know who to fight and she might hurt innocent people in the darkness.  Instead, she raises her voice and calls out that she is being attacked and asks for help, knowing that there are decent people in the bar.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3394 on: <07-17-16/2316:11> »
Marco looks at the situation and feels morally conflicted, it feels wrong to these kind of things in there. On the other hand it is not the sex that bothers him it is the hypocrisy. Yet, being so poorly dressed feels like a choice to be powerless - had he wanted to be strong Marco would have been wearing a suit. In that case there were many things Marco felt like he could do, but these clothes were there to teach him a lesson.  Sex was probably the most powerful of urges, how can he even expect one to resist it when Marco himself failed it repeatedly. Before his time is up, Marco would like to learn how to trust his faith - it may not be logical but it is all he has left.

He falls on his knees and loudly pray - not for his own soul but for that of the priest. The words however Marco knows far too well - it was the prayer he was forced to say once caught in the act. Perhaps that time was the first time he genuinely meant it.

Behold me, O my God, at Your feet! I do not deserve mercy, but O my Redeemer, the blood with You have shed for me encourages me and obliges me to hope for it. How often I have offended You, repented, and yet have I again fallen into the same sin. O my God, I wish to amend, and in order to be faithful to You, I will place all my confidence in You. I will, whenever I am tempted, instantly have recourse to You. Until now, I have trusted in my own promises and resolutions and have neglected to recommend myself to You in my temptations. This has been the cause of my repeated failures. From this day forward, be You, O Lord, my strength, and this shall I be able to do all things, for “I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.” Amen.

'

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3395 on: <07-18-16/0116:02> »
@ Marco  The priest does not even spare a backwards glance at Marco as he heads towards the confessional and he enters it without looking towards the woman waiting for him. But, there are a few others in the church. A few people in the pews praying, another lighting candles, another just getting out of the cold and resting in the church, and Marco's sincerity as he prays touches them. Marco hears the words echoed by those few and Marco hears the echo of a sermon he'd heard so long ago only the one line remained. "An honest and sincere heart God does not despise." Peace fills the chapel as a few others pray with sincerity.

@ Yelena & Firefly  Yelena sees a couple of people come to hers and Subaru's aide and soon she is out of the club and kneeling in the snow berating her choice.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3396 on: <07-18-16/0325:31> »
Yelena draws the strength of the shadow to her and feels better.   Almost.  There is a part of her that is telling her to go back to the young man, take and consume his Bliss, and spend the night lost in sexual abandon.  A large part of her.  The lure is almost more than she can bear and she struggles against the pull even as she stands and mounts the bike.  She waits for Firefly to get on behind her and drives off.  She feels unwell and pulls off the road at a small roadside motel.  Turning to Firefly, she says, "Yelena feel sick.  Need stop.  Share room for safety."

Yelena goes to the motel office and takes a room with two small beds and parks the bike in front of the door.  She takes everything off the bike and unlocks the room, going inside.  Firefly can see her shivering, even after closing the door to the room.  Yelena falls to her knees and grabs the side of one of the beds to keep from falling on her face.  "Bliss.  Fragging Bliss.  Too close.  Too much.  Yelena need Bliss much.  Body ache for it.  Can Firefly get some?  Man in office might have.  If not, bang on doors to find.  Yelena need it.  No!  Not get.  Help Yelena not have.  Please."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3397 on: <07-18-16/0905:54> »
I am Powerless...

Powerful - but powerless.

I am nothing but a tool...

But I am no hammer.

What am I?

Nothing in front of the lord,
all the magic in the world did not make me not want to be right there - in that box instead of the priest.

Or instead of the lady? - The entire thing gets way to graphical.

A threesome ? - It is only getting worse.

Is anybody listening to me?

I am powerless to stop - I have a pulse, I am part of life and life just want to continue.

The allure of insanity was always there - to lose myself in the sea of voices.

Are these voices real?

They seem to provide insight about people - even before it has any physical manifestation.

They are getting louder and clearer...

And they are driving me insane.

Please if anybody is out there to answer my prayers...

I could really use some forgiveness right now.

There were voices - in Marco's mind - so many of them. None of them however seemed new, Agrat was there and the spirits were there.

Nothing - nobody - I am truly alone.

Marco's eyes tear when he realizes, just how alone he is and just how many defensive mechanisms and barriers he needed just to go on with his ordinary life.

« Last Edit: <07-18-16/0927:47> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3398 on: <07-18-16/1438:16> »
When Marco gives up praying, there is already a small crowd with him. Perhaps he is asking too much but he is frustrated - he hear voices in everything. Everything but the one voice he truly aspires to hear. He picks himself up, from the floor and a bit reluctantly leaves church. "Do you have somewhere to go?" Asks a middle aged woman, one that was praying with him.  Marco looks at her - he fears where that conversation is headed, but does not want to lie - not in a place of worship. "I have some... plans for tonight."  The woman say "Nonsense, you look like you sleep in the street, come with us you can stay at our garage for the night."  Was this the sign Marco wanted ? Or did his behavior inspired her to try and do something good. She clearly was struggling to make that offer - but the temptation... of actual bed. It was irresistible, part of him just whispered - not again... "Thank you, You are very kind.", nervously the woman said "My name is Sophia" -- "Marco" answered Marco, thank you for your kindness. He said - and something told him that the more he was going to interact with her - the more he would end up hurting her.

« Last Edit: <07-18-16/1454:09> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3399 on: <07-19-16/0127:25> »
Yelena only makes it four blocks before pulling over to the curb and sitting on the idling bike.  Her eyes fill with tears for Marco and tears for herself then she shakes her head in anger and frustration.  Again, she is taking the easy way out.  Marco says some confusing words and Yelena just walks away.  She softly recites the words tattooed on her arms and is ashamed of herself.  Again.  All her fine words about loyalty to the Bratva family and here she is ready to abandon Marco to whatever may befall him.  True, he seems willing to accept his lot, but that does not remove him from the family.  She has failed her friend, her lover, and her family and it hurts.  She lifts her face to the falling snow that is covering the streets in a symbolic measure of purity.  Then, further resolved, she kicks the bike into gear and turns back to the parking garage.  Leaving the bike parked, she pays in advance for several days and makes her way back to the church.

Some of the homeless are standing around a couple of burn barrels in the vicinity of the church and shelter.  Some nod their heads at the passing Elf, but no one stops her as she approaches the church and steps inside.  She moves up the center aisle and takes a seat behind Marco.  She witnesses the priest talking to him and the remarkable................something that happens when Marco begins to pray out loud.  Nothing in what he says resonates within Yelena, but it seems to be felt by others.  Her own love for any sort of God died on the steps of a small church in Siberian Russia when she was three.  She remembers nothing of those years except that brief moment when the divine and protective God had turned a deaf ear to the pleas of a small child and allowed a State Security officer to shoot dead a kind and generous man, a priest who had never had anything but a good word for the God that killed him. 

Yelena watches as those around her take up Marco's prayer.  When he is finished he begins talking to himself, almost as if asking questions that seem to have no answer.  Almost as if he is two people, but both are confused.  Yelena does not understand what is happening to the man and feels that she is completely unable to do anything to directly help him.  He has lost all pretense of his former life, even to giving her his prized comb.  His actions are clearly those of a very confused individual.  Yelena has never really been this confused in her life, but then she had the shadow to call on for help and protection and Marco had denied any acceptance of the shadow as even being real, much less able to lend him power if were only strong enough to take it.  Instead, his mind seems to be fraying under the pressures he has been facing.  Yelena feels responsible for some of that pressure, as it was she who steadfastly refused to accept God as real and change her ways to make this God and Marco happy.  But she also knows that there are other factors at work on Marco, factors that have combined to ruin the man she loves.

And she does love him.  With all her heart and what remains of her soul.  She has found the man she could live forever with, and his mind is rejecting her and all she stands for............all she is.  The shadow is telling her to leave, to let this miserable man wallow in his own pity, but she cannot.  She does not pay attention, but instead forces the shadow to do her own bidding, wrapping it about herself.  So she sits and listens and watches.  Eventually, a woman approaches him and speaks to him tentatively.  She slides forward in her pew and places her hands on the back of the one Marco is in.  She speaks softly and slowly, forcing the words out as grammatically correct as possible, desiring to be understood.  "Marco is with me.  I lost him twice and now I have found him again.  We thank you for your kindness, but I think we will stay here for a while."

[spoiler]This adventure takes place after Yelena and Firefly return from the bar and motel.  That took place the same night that Marco told Yelena to leave the apartment.  Sorry for any confusion.  Of course all of this is just a dream if Yelena and Firefly die in the motel.
« Last Edit: <07-19-16/0957:57> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3400 on: <07-19-16/0601:17> »
Marco looked at Yelena confused "Yelena... What are you doing here?" he then looked at Sophia and said "I am with her, I was apparently found. I am not well these days." Moments ago he was a danger and now she wants to talk to him? Marco feels confuse - but perhaps it is better to stay away, there is no saying how desperate he will be to stay in doors, and the temptation to use charm to achieve that.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3401 on: <07-19-16/1007:19> »
As the woman gives them a confused look, Yelena puts a gentle hand on Marco's arm.  "Is OK Marco.  Yelena here to be with you.  Yelena listen.  Yelena hold if needed.  Yelena love Marco enough to stay with."  Yelena moves to the other pew and sits next to Marco, taking his hand in hers and just holding it.  As she sits down, she sends a message out to the others.  >>Team.  Is Yelena.  Have found Marco.  Yelena stay with Marco.  Call if need.<<  She gives a slight sigh.  Even in this strange place, she feels better just being with him.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3402 on: <07-19-16/1728:00> »
Marco said plainly  "Do I seem okay? I am overwhelmed by things that apparently I worked hard to not be able to sense. This is too much information at one little time my head is burning with voices and I just want them to stop. Everything seems different - and I do not like the person that I am."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3403 on: <07-20-16/0028:15> »
Yelena's eyes tear up a bit as she shakes her head and replies, "No.  Marco not OK.  Marco sick.  Yelena not know what is sickness, but Marco sick.  Yelena listen if Marco want talk.  Yelena sit and listen.  Marco talk all want.  Maybe talking make better.  Yelena not like person I am for much years but Yelena accept person I am.  Is enough.  What Marco want do?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3404 on: <07-20-16/2057:56> »
Marco sighed, "This is not the way" he said and linked his mind to hers, he transferred to her a flow of insanity, of just what it means to constantly hear whispers of insight from everything around him. So many voices all at the same time that it is very difficult to narrow down on just one of them and hear what it says.

"I am sorry about that... Things just flow like this" He thought at her and then added "I need to die to be free, but it is going to be death like the one you had in that frozen river. My faith will save me, you will see.

All these voices you hear, they are the reason awkened like me often end up so badly. People rip their eyes out, take off their ears just to make these voices stop. I have a theory about Van Gogh and why he took his ear off - and I think that part is misunderstood.

Never mind art,  think of me like a butterfly, I need to change, one form has to die for the other to be born. I wish I could tell you more - but I will die a few days from now - and I plan to be with you as long as you'll have a place for me in your heart.

I gave you my comb - it is important it contains a shred of my soul. It is made from a stick I used for violence. I made a tool of war into a tool of grooming. They ment for me to be an hammer - but I am a comb. I make things look prettier, I am a channel for beauty and passion and life and through me these beautiful things enter this world, but I cannot be perverted any longer - I am no Christian I am beyond religion beyond good and evil I am life itself, I am water.

What ever your eyes see, whatever your logic tells you - I need you to believe. Beleieve that I love you and that I would never leave you. Not willingly, believe that you gave me the strength to turn from a caterpillar into a butterfly. It make+no sense but have faith. Our story is not over. "