NEWS

Legal Items, Availability & The capitalist system

• 91 Replies

Morg

« Reply #75 on: <05-24-11/0037:53> »
Parts for Drones, Parts for Vehicles, SCUBA Gear ect anything that doesn't have an R or an F in its availability and any thing that they think would be tracked as a whole unit they send for its parts and assemble it with their army of MR Fix-it Drones after getting a legal assembly schematic

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #76 on: <05-24-11/0054:38> »
Parts for Drones, Parts for Vehicles, SCUBA Gear ect anything that doesn't have an R or an F in its availability and any thing that they think would be tracked as a whole unit they send for its parts and assemble it with their army of MR Fix-it Drones after getting a legal assembly schematic
well if any of the things they have him buy legally get damaged and then recovered by law enforcement, they could run the serial numbers and search the matrix for the last person who bought said part/item, if the people searching find the answers, they go track down the person/fixer that had or sold it and effectively start earning either an enemy quality or a contact starts suffering because of it, or something equivalent.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #77 on: <05-24-11/0223:33> »
There also might be innocuous parts that when bought in bulk or in addition to other certain parts are tracked because they're on a list "The Man" tracks because they can be made into more dangerous, less legal things... Or is that too paranoid?!

Morg

« Reply #78 on: <05-24-11/0230:16> »
any suggestions on acquisition times for completely legal shopping with a legal SIN?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #79 on: <05-24-11/0234:39> »
any suggestions on acquisition times for completely legal shopping with a legal SIN?

I just had a player buy a tricked out suziki racing bike, but everything was legal and he wanted it built by the dealer/manufacturer.  I just used the normal availability rules.  Ended up being 6 weeks to get the packaged bike into the dealership.  I know its not a perfect system, but works for me.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <05-24-11/0338:28> »
Order Via Matrix ....
"Please allow 24 Hours for Delivery"
Driving to a Shop and buying it personally ,couple of Minutes or maybe Hours
(Just like in real Life)

with a Martrix Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #81 on: <05-24-11/0433:34> »
There also might be innocuous parts that when bought in bulk or in addition to other certain parts are tracked because they're on a list "The Man" tracks because they can be made into more dangerous, less legal things... Or is that too paranoid?!
Think about the stuff you can buy at a hardware store and a pharmacy that can be turned into drugs.  (There's a reason you can only buy so much cold or allergy medicine at a time, and why they're locked up after a certain hour in some jurisdictions.).  Or, even earlier, someone buying a whole lot of corn and copper line at the same time.

Not paranoid at all.

A sub-contracted assembly company buying a lot of small servomotors and sensors, no issue.  A private citizen buying the same things, flags go up.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #82 on: <05-24-11/0603:15> »
Think about the stuff you can buy at a hardware store and a pharmacy that can be turned into drugs.  (There's a reason you can only buy so much cold or allergy medicine at a time, and why they're locked up after a certain hour in some jurisdictions.).  Or, even earlier, someone buying a whole lot of corn and copper line at the same time.

Not paranoid at all.

A sub-contracted assembly company buying a lot of small servomotors and sensors, no issue.  A private citizen buying the same things, flags go up.
It's funny how things that can make drugs are regulated, but the things that you can make that go boom are largely over looked (I use to concoct "stump removal" potions when I was younger so i didn't have to go through all the work of actually pulling them outta the ground)... I wonder what politically motivated innocuous items are regulated like they are now? Are drugs a bigger concern? Incendiaries? Explosives? Firearms? Drones? I guess I could keep going on... Maybe I should have a prolonged look at the gear sections and ponder over what types of items are more consistently illegal and why (excluding obvious weapons and the like)?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <05-24-11/0621:39> »
Parts for Drones, Parts for Vehicles, SCUBA Gear ect
oKey i really just can't see how players getting these easily can be anykind of a problem, especially as you can pretty damm easily just use a throwh away fake SIN and buy them legally and not have to worry about someone getting their hands on some of those thinks and tracking them back to your legal SIN.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #84 on: <05-24-11/1133:04> »
It's funny how things that can make drugs are regulated, but the things that you can make that go boom are largely over looked (I use to concoct "stump removal" potions when I was younger so i didn't have to go through all the work of actually pulling them outta the ground)...

You might be surprised what gets tracked these days.

For example, one of the things that gets monitored closely now to see who's buying what is the cosmetics industry. Who's buying what ingredients and products, because some can be turned into weapons or poisons.

Home & garden suppliers are also tracked, as are auto parts dealers.

The guvmint's been really paranoid, and not entirely without reason.

-k

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #85 on: <05-24-11/1321:46> »
@ savaze....just my opinion. Regulating things that can be used in boom concoctions is considered an infringement od 2nd Amendment rightts and faces the wrath of a very powerful political lobby. No one cares that buying fertilizer is tracked, but start tracking gun stuff and hoo boy! Whereas the drug stuff is an extension of the very profitable War on Drugs. The more proactive you appear, the more money you get and the more toys you can buy.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #86 on: <05-24-11/1721:59> »
There's also the issue of how often those items are used in crimes.

As was pointed out, explosives are mostly used for stump removal, dam bursting, prospecting, and other mundane things all the time, while their use in actual crimes is much less so.

Also, The War On Drugs is a big political hot button topic and that influences a lot as well.

Finally, the restriction on the items in question don't usually impact on John and Jane Q. Public that much (How often do you buy cough medicine in bulk?), while a farmer buying a crate of boomsticks having to jump through hoops would make for some really pissed off farmers, who are a tight-knit community and vote.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #87 on: <05-25-11/0019:53> »

I just had a player buy a tricked out suziki racing bike, but everything was legal and he wanted it built by the dealer/manufacturer.  I just used the normal availability rules.  Ended up being 6 weeks to get the packaged bike into the dealership.  I know its not a perfect system, but works for me.

If it a special job/build to order situation then even if its legal taking time is reasonable.

If the player was content with a stock model and had the credsticks, then he should be able to walk onto a lot and walk off with one.  The sixth world is nothing if not a consumer society, and if you have the nuyen people will bend over backward to make what you want available. 

For other items mentioned in this thread, like scuba gear, vehicle parts, drone parts, etc, I would think delivered in 24 hours or pick up the same day at the will call door.  Again, unless its custom work or a very rare item I would think someone win Seattle has in in stock and would love to get it into a delivery van for you, once they verify that balance on that account.  Of course, real runners play online with an id token and pick it up in a vehicle that is spoofing its id.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #88 on: <05-25-11/0135:53> »
Legality also depends on where you are.

Try buying ammunition in Canada IRL, for instance.  Big difference here than in the USA, I bet.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #89 on: <05-25-11/0331:28> »
Legality also depends on where you are.

Try buying ammunition in Canada IRL, for instance.  Big difference here than in the USA, I bet.
In the USA, it's as simple as going to walmart or farm and fleet for those in the midwest. not to mention you can get ammo online, or in any range where you shoot. How hard is it in Canada to get ammo?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm