NEWS

[SR6] Rules options?

• 5 Replies

Typhus

• Omae
« on: <07-18-19/0212:04> »
Would it break anyone's NDA to tell us what rules they *almost* included for effective armor and using strength in melee?  I'm hoping since it didn't make the cut, it's not like you'd be revealing anything secret.  If we wanted to houserule something in, what would you-who-saw-behind-the-curtain suggest we do?

Thanks in advance!

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-19/0311:05> »
I do not have any insider knowledge of Catalyst dealings, nor anyone under one of their NDAs.

That being said, I'm almost positive no one can really talk about what was cut.

If for no other reason than it will be considered property that CGL might release later.
In other words, in Sixth Worlds version of Run & Gun, the armor and melee stuff might be presented as optional rules.  I'm not counting on this myself, though.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-18-19/0833:41> »
I do not have any insider knowledge of Catalyst dealings, nor anyone under one of their NDAs.

That being said, I'm almost positive no one can really talk about what was cut.

If for no other reason than it will be considered property that CGL might release later.
In other words, in Sixth Worlds version of Run & Gun, the armor and melee stuff might be presented as optional rules.  I'm not counting on this myself, though.

yes this ... just can't get into details as of yet ... once the errata (potential changes) gets reviewed and released plus the advanced combat book which may contain certain options then we could get into public discussion I think
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-18-19/1039:51> »
Fair enough. Thanks!

duckman

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-18-19/1120:25> »
@Banshee and anyone else who is on the Demo Team

In a related question...  As a part of Catalyst Demo (and specifically when running a demo, not for your own group at home, etc.) are you allowed to make a GM call or house rule something or are you required to run strictly rules-as-written?  I am curious what experience I am getting as a con-goer in a demo.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-19/1128:59> »
technically you should not be house ruling when running demos ... especially at cons ... officially anything requiring some kind of houserule should be addressed by the Missions FAQ

unofficially ... I would say that if your running local and have for the most part at least a stable and consistent player base I would do what you want as long as it stays consistent and let them know things may be different if they attend a con for Missions play
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team