NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <08-07-13/0807:32> »
Initiation says you use arcana Page 325 but for most adepts it doesn't make sense as arcana is all about formula and adepts have little use for formula.
You mean other than for creating Weapon and Qi Foci up to the maximum that they can have bonded?
Adepts don't have access to the Artificing skill, though (it's in the Enchanting skill group, which Adepts can't use per page 69), plus I assume researching a focus formula is out, since it states it "may be used by any magician of your tradition", and I don't think adepts have traditions, since page 308 simply states they use Body + Willpower to resist Drain, and the Drain attribute is all a tradition would be good for for adepts.
They still use Arcana to Initiate, but it seems that's all it's good for for them.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <08-07-13/0843:35> »
Crack File
Table p.244 "Matrix Actions By Limit" list Crack File as both with Attack and Sleaze.
Example w/ BK on p.225 use tries to remove file protection with a Sleaze limit (and fail which give host a mark)
(...later on the same page BK also do it with an Attack limit (take damage on fail)).

Description of the matrix action Crack File on p.238 only list the test with an Attack limit.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #137 on: <08-07-13/1030:05> »
This is probably more along the lines of errata, but the skill "Infiltration" shows up a number of times in the book (notably pp. 362-63), but there is no longer a skill with this name.  Presumably all of these references should be Sneaking.

Greyman

• Newb
« Reply #138 on: <08-07-13/1918:44> »
Page 427:

The Steyr TMP says this:

Steyr TMP: This lightweight polymer-frame pistol is capable of full autofire, but its light weight makes it hard to control when firing on full auto. It comes equipped with a built-in top-mounted laser sight.

The accuracy for the weapon is only 4, not 4(5) like the laser sight would imply.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #139 on: <08-08-13/0532:32> »
Page 427:

The Steyr TMP says this:

Steyr TMP: This lightweight polymer-frame pistol is capable of full autofire, but its light weight makes it hard to control when firing on full auto. It comes equipped with a built-in top-mounted laser sight.

The accuracy for the weapon is only 4, not 4(5) like the laser sight would imply.

also, is the laser sight built in, or is it top mounted? the two are very different as you can remove the top mounted variant and swap it for something else.
cheers
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

thinklibertarian

• Chummer
« Reply #140 on: <08-08-13/1837:39> »
Sensors, page 445 "Sensor array: This sensor package includes up to eight functions listed under Sensor Functions."

Page 446, Sensors table: Sensor Array Capacity 6

Which is correct?

Also, should we assume that the Sensor Finctions listed in the table take up one capacity each?

Thanks

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <08-09-13/1653:06> »
The Gunslinger Adept lists the Yamaha Raiden as one of it's weapons, but is availability 16F, how did the adept acquire the weapon at chargen?

Also:
Page 430

The Parashield Dart Rifle states that it uses sporting rifle ranges, but since sporting rifles have been assimilated into sniper rifles, it should say sniper rifle ranges

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <08-10-13/0216:29> »
Should there be an explicit prohibition against chargen initiation/submersion?  As it is currently, many people take the interpretation that it is permitted, but we've been told that this isn't the case.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Accipiter

« Reply #143 on: <08-10-13/1147:02> »
Not sure if it has been brought up:

Under the Interrupt Actions in the combat section, 'Block' lists getting the benefit of bonus die (like from foci), but 'Parry' doesnt seem to include that.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #144 on: <08-11-13/1731:59> »
Control Rig:

p266: "When you’re jumped into a vehicle, drone, or other device, the limits of that device are increased by the rating of your control rig. This includes vehicle and drone Sensor, Speed, and Handling, and the Accuracy of mounted weapons when used by the rigger."
p452: "Additionally, the rating of your control rig is added to the Handling and Speed of any vehicle you are jumped into."

Assuming p266 is correct and a vehicle that's rigged cannot suddenly go up to 8x as fast, p452 should be rephrased to make clear the control rig rating merely boosts your [Speed] limits, not the vehicle attribute Speed itself. This basically is the difference between being allowed to keep more hits in Speed Chases, and being able to break the speed of sound with ground vehicles.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Nero

• Newb
« Reply #145 on: <08-12-13/0217:39> »
Page 211, Paragraph 3

A small nit, but:

A voice sliced over the comm. “Can the chatter, Badger Three.”

should be:

A voice sliced over the comm. “Can the chatter, Badger Four.”

Darkfeather69

• Newb
« Reply #146 on: <08-12-13/1641:34> »
Where, or if it isn't listed, what are the accuracy for the cyber implant weapons?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <08-12-13/1643:48> »
As cyber implant weapons use the unarmed skill, and the unarmed skill uses the Physical limit rather than accuracy, I'm guessing that's the answer.

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #148 on: <08-13-13/1809:05> »
There is a table on page 458 for the accuracy of cyber implanted guns. For cyber implanted melee weapons they do indeed use physical limit as the limit

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <08-13-13/1842:55> »
How good an ultrasound system can I fit in my goggles?

Sensors can be put in devices that have capacity (p. 445) and goggles have capacity.  However, the Sensor Housing table on p. 446 suggests that I would need motorcycle-sized goggles to fit Rating 6 ultrasound.  However, the Sensor table on the same page notes that a single sensor rating 2-8 has a capacity cost of 1.  Which is correct and what is the purpose of whichever table is incorrect?

Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.