NEWS

Firearm Weapon Foci

• 16 Replies

Trathos

• Newb
« on: <01-27-15/1726:49> »
I remember reading in one of the shadowrun sourcebooks about some mafia [or Yakuza i don't remember] guY who used a gun as a weapon foci.
I wanted to know fron wich book it is as I want to have precedent before asking mY GM to allow guns as weapon foci.
I believe it was an example of weapon foci along with a famous shaman combat knife I just cant remember in wich book it is

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <01-27-15/1818:30> »
You're thinking of Street Grimoire.  And you should be aware that the gun was not a weapon focus, but rather a sustaining focus.  A weapon focus can only be placed on melee weapons.  I would allow someone at my table to make their gun into a weapon focus, but it would only apply to melee attacks made with the gun as a club.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-27-15/1832:31> »
Thanks man, I was building an gunslinger adept and I remembered that focus, for some reason I tought it was a weapon focus.
Thanks for pointing the book out, now im going to have to find a waY to make mY pair of savallete guardians help with building up mY absurd amount of hit dice for pistols.

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <01-27-15/1848:48> »
Attunement for accuracy.
Gas vent 3 for recoil.
Custom grips for accuracy.
Smart link of course.
Adept center in for negating range, running and other penalties.

My pistol adept uses the above for his sav guardian.

Oh, if you can use ware get the bioware that adds one die to skill of your choice.

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <01-27-15/1910:10> »
I'm thinking of a combo of Qi Foci for Berzerk and Berzerker Rage.
The base guns are well equipped, RC is enough as is and I don't have Centering Yet [the idea of tumbling the guns for that comes to mind].
About attunement mY character does not have the apropriate armorer skill to do something like that [unless Pistols is a valid substitute to Armorer]

adzling

« Reply #5 on: <01-27-15/1917:21> »
Why not a QI foci for Improved Skill (Pistol)?

That basically turns the pistol into a weapon foci, just without the spirit killing powers.

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-27-15/1920:26> »
Why not a QI foci for Improved Skill (Pistol)?

That basically turns the pistol into a weapon foci, just without the spirit killing powers.

I alread have Improved Skill at the maximum possible for mY skill rating

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <01-27-15/1921:10> »
dang!  :D

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <01-27-15/1923:21> »
+2 for all phYsical atributes is good as hell in combat situations, this is giong to actuallY push mY agilitY over the augmented maximun under most circunstances.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #9 on: <01-27-15/2037:59> »
Off topic but why are all your Ys capital letters?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-27-15/2122:30> »
Off topic but why are all your Ys capital letters?

FunnY of You to ask, it's because im using altcode to tYpe the Ys because mY keYboard is on the brink of death, and I don't think there's a non capital altcode form for that

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-27-15/2138:27> »
Just for the record: y = alt+121

You should probably get a new keyboard though.

Trathos

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <01-28-15/1003:36> »
Just for the record: y = alt+121

You should probably get a new keyboard though.

The new Keyboard is on the way, postal services here in Brazil are shitt at best

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #13 on: <01-28-15/1049:15> »
The new Keyboard is on the way, postal services here in Brazil are shitt at best

I can vouch for this statement as completely true.  I have friends in Caxias do Sul, and shipping them anything from anywhere, even Amazon, is a nightmare.  And when I went down to visit them, they took me past an electronics store, and the prices are absurd in the extreme.  A Nintendo Wii costs three times more down there than it does anywhere else, even though one can buy it online.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-28-15/1102:42> »
Custom grips for accuracy.
5E has personalized grips? Which book? Couldn't find it in neither Core Book, nor "Run & Gun".