NEWS

Rook (ongoing)

• 56 Replies

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <10-11-10/2229:49> »
This has been an awesome story so far, and I hope that's not the end because I'm really enjoying the character.  I'm just curious, did you actually stat the main character at the start, or is this purely a fiction driven character?  If the former, what's his starting stat point?  I just would like to see a build for a combat mage like this character if it exists.  Finally, you asked for editing corrections.

his black arm came up in a terrific uppercut-elbow, slapping hthe pimply jaw shut in mid-word,

From the second story post, just after he's given up on getting any sense out of the first two ancients he meets.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <10-12-10/0145:47> »
Thanks, I'll edit that one later.  One speedbump I'm running into is the character maximum per post.  I'll sit here and type until I feel like I've told a cool story, then I end up having to, invariably, go back and snip here and there, edit out a sentence without necessarily losing anything important, etc, etc, to trim the hedges until everything fits.  Sometimes this leads to some hurried typing on my part, and typos ensue.  Thanks for the heads up!

I initially made Rook at 450 points, and lots of his "extra" there went towards Initiation and a couple Foci.  To be honest I'm working harder at steering the story with his Qualities than his attributes, though.  He'd obviously lost a Magic point to cyberware, but Initiated twice (so he's back up to comparable to most starting Combat Mage types).  I'm a stickler for rules, so the things I post are all possible in the rules, driven by what I've got on his character sheet, and things that can be handled by the dice he's likely to be slinging at any given time.

And yeah, it's not over...but it's not necessarily scheduled or anything, either.  I've got plenty more ideas for Rook and who/what he's going to run into in Seattle.  I just write when I have the time for it, and grad school or freelancing haven't got me sick of monitors and keyboards.  ;) 

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-19-10/2202:11> »
It has been an enjoyable read to date.  I am looking forward to more when you have the time.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #18 on: <10-20-10/0038:42> »
Thanks, Horse, I appreciate it.  My hands are gonna be pretty full for the next several weeks (yay, Spy Games) but I never know when I'll get "bit by the bug" and have a short story kicking around in my head instead of anything productive.   ;D

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <10-20-10/0045:01> »
Cool!  ;D
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #20 on: <04-22-11/1130:35> »
Wow!! I'm so waiting on reading what happens next!!! :D

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #21 on: <04-29-11/0322:47> »
Ah, prob'ly nothing for a while.  Been a little busy lately, and most of my "write Shadowrun" time has been "write official Shadowrun" for a while.  The last time I really got the fiction itch, I was able to use it for an official piece, instead, which is a win/win.

Rook's still fun, but I don't think I'll be in the right mindset for his particular flavor of bastardry for a bit.

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #22 on: <05-15-11/1048:02> »
Ah, prob'ly nothing for a while.  Been a little busy lately, and most of my "write Shadowrun" time has been "write official Shadowrun" for a while.  The last time I really got the fiction itch, I was able to use it for an official piece, instead, which is a win/win.

Rook's still fun, but I don't think I'll be in the right mindset for his particular flavor of bastardry for a bit.

Too bad! :( Well I mean good for you but... you know... ;)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #23 on: <01-10-12/0233:48> »
Just a heads up, for anyone else out there who dug this story?

I'm not spillin' any details and violating an NDA, but I may or may not have been working on something for Shadowrun much of these last couple weeks, that had me typing the word "Rook" several times.  And "Tir."  And "elf."  And assorted other words that may or may not be found elsewhere in this thread.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #24 on: <01-10-12/0254:07> »
This sounds like it will be a very cool thing to have happen.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #25 on: <01-10-12/0515:22> »
Excellent  ;D

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #26 on: <03-28-12/1543:01> »
Love your fiction. Just so you know.
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #27 on: <03-28-12/1725:14> »
Thanks, Shrike.  Always nice to hear!   ;D

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #28 on: <03-28-12/2140:58> »
 :'( I got all excited that there was an update.  My heart, it is broken.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #29 on: <03-28-12/2325:41> »
I've been doing a little Rook writing...but it's been for official work thingies, not fiction.  I just this minute finished sending in some art notes, in fact, for a handful of products slated for an Origins launch.  Rook is making it to that particular convention before I get to!