NEWS

Sylvestrines, Carpetbaggers & New Jesuits, "Oh My"

• 26 Replies

wolfrider66

• Newb
« on: <09-16-12/1003:46> »
I should start by say "hello" to those who have not 'met' me yet. I should have placed my previous posts in this section, but oh well. They can be found first in the GM Discussion erea and second in the Secret History area to get an idea of where my campaign is going.
 I came across some material that is not strictly cannon that called out to the creative part of my Shadowrun id. (ID if it's supposed to be capitalized.)  It involves the founder of the Illuminate of the New Dawn, Rozilyn Hernandez. Having been educated in parochial schools I am familiar with the Sylvestrines. I looked up the Black Lodge and from what I understand the Knights Templar, Bavarian  Illuminati and the Freemasons are some of it's organisations.
My question has to do with some comments that were allegedly made on Jack Point or another of the ubiquitous semi secret runner sites. They refer to Rozilyn Hernandez:

> There are a half-dozen Sylvestrines, all professors at Georgetown or CUA, who are all in the IOND Inner Circle. There is a theory that she was already in the Black Lodge, but she “came to God” and eventually founded the IOND in response. Another takes that one step further and asserts that she was “deprogrammed” by the Templars. This is the best part. She was the face of the IOND, and recruited other Lodge members, but those Sylvestrines (Templars) control it behind the the scenes.
> Pistons

> New Jesuits agents don’t get to just quit.
> Fianchetto

> Here’s a thought. She’s another one of those politicos nostalgic for the old USA, rules an international order of politically connected mages, and her old running mate is the damn Yankee carpetbagger who weaseled his way into the Manor House. There’s your New Revolution ringleader. I normally don’t mess with politicos, but I could make an exception in this case.
> Kane

> Calm down. Let’s take this offline.
> Riser

Actually I have a couple questions, I did not see a reference to these "New Jesuits" in my research of the Black Lodge, but I do know who and what they are ( Papal clean-up squads if it all gets boiled down, plus or minus) . So what is Fianchetto talking about?

And who is the carpetbagger Kane is talking about with his New Revolution? Colloton?

My story-line involves the characters saving Mrs. Hernandez from certain death thus earning themselves a solid Mrs. Johnson slash mentor.  I have three or four groups in mind that might have done the 'hit' on Hernandez. I just want all the info I can get so I make an informed decision on the actual shooter.  I am currently researching  Pistons, Fianchetto, Kane  and Riser to see if I can use them.
wolfrider66
"Make your own luck."

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-12/1201:00> »
The carpetbagger Kane refers do is, I believe, the current President of the CAS (forget the name and am away-from-books). IIRC, the current pres is a transplant from the UCAS.

Again, IIRC, the New Jesuits are a group of folks that run around down in Aztlan generally being a pain in the ass for the government, religion, home corporation, etc. They're basically dirty tricks experts for God.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-12/1221:58> »
There's also the Knights of Saint Nicholas.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-12/1555:26> »
Valashar is right. The carpetbagger reference is to Ramsay McMulkin, the CAS President. He is originally from the UCAS.

Oh, here are the links to the piece quoted and another.

http://crimsondude.tumblr.com/post/13765087426/more-non-canon-deecee-material-from-conspiracy-theories

http://crimsondude.tumblr.com/post/13232800665/non-canon-bonus-conspiracy-theories-material

In case you didn't notice, some of the Seraphim material did end up in Clutch. So it's sort of canon as written there, but consult your LGS for more info.
« Last Edit: <09-16-12/1639:12> by James Meiers »

wolfrider66

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-12/1819:08> »
Hehe , Clutch of Dragons is one of the few books I don't have yet. I will betaking care of that small problem presently. And thanks James for putting those links in there. I'm never sure about putting links in a forum even when they are relevant, just in case there is rules against linking.
« Last Edit: <09-16-12/1822:01> by wolfrider66 »
wolfrider66
"Make your own luck."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <09-16-12/1947:31> »
Moving this thread to "The Secret History".  This forum is specifically for the Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign. :)

wolfrider66

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-16-12/2057:57> »
Hell, I was in the right forum in the first place hehe.
wolfrider66
"Make your own luck."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <09-16-12/2323:21> »
Yeah.  The forum layout can be a little confusing, especially because i've noticed that people have gotten in the habit of referring to any shadowrun adventure as a "mission", which then gets people mixing them up with Shadowrun Missions, which is our living campaign. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-12/0208:09> »
So, no love for the Knights of Saint Nicholas?  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-12/0214:38> »
So, no love for the Knights of Saint Nicholas?  ;D

Are they elves?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-12/0220:29> »
Yes, along with the Holy Friars of Sinter Klaus.  However, neither of them can hold a candle to that other top-secret elven war society, the Mystic House of Keebler.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #11 on: <09-17-12/0852:06> »
Did I miss something in one of the books? I was always under the impression that Hernandez was one of the badguys that looks like a goodguy along with the INOD.

Was I mistaken in that assumption?
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <09-17-12/1559:09> »
There are no good guys in Shadowrun, no heroes, no epics to be written for the selfless...

There's only one side:  Your own.

Well, that's how I view it at least.  But I'm a heavy cynic.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #13 on: <09-17-12/1602:49> »
Yes, along with the Holy Friars of Sinter Klaus.  However, neither of them can hold a candle to that other top-secret elven war society, the Mystic House of Keebler.
+1 to you sir.
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

wolfrider66

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-17-12/1912:46> »
Did I miss something in one of the books? I was always under the impression that Hernandez was one of the badguys that looks like a goodguy along with the INOD.

Was I mistaken in that assumption?

My players are going to have to learn to cover their own asses, the sooner the better. I am developing the assassination attempt on the side as I ready my introductory "scene" if you will to get them acquainted with the rules. I have not put much thought into what Mrs. Hernandez will want from, or how she will use the players. I'm also developing the people who make the hit, whom I will keep under wraps for the nonce. I need to buy one of those big eraser boards to keep a flow chart on like detectives use lol.
wolfrider66
"Make your own luck."