NEWS

So, what do you know about Jackpointers?

• 53 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <12-26-12/1247:38> »
In Corporate Guide, Pistons says that /dev/grrl is 16. So she'd be 17 now.
So...  Bets on Traveler Jones hitting on her in the near future?  ;D
Future? 17 is the legal age here.
Near Future, as in the next release.  :P

16 is legal here.  ;)  (With some provisions, that is.  18 is full-legal.).

EDIT:  Which is neither here nor there, we don't know the age of consent for NeoNET, which she is a citizen of.  Also, Shadowrunner culture might have a different view of "Age Of Consent" than regular culture due to the large proponent of metahumans in the group.  (Orks and Trolls age quickly and are physically mature at a younger age.  Elves and Dwarves take longer.  Humans are damned breeders.).

But we're getting away from the topic at hand, and REALLY getting towards items that might head into...  Well...  We probably have enough acronyms watching us all as is.
« Last Edit: <12-26-12/1249:56> by CanRay »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <12-26-12/1959:55> »
Frosty
First/Last Appearance: 6/5/57 - 4/28/74
Information: Daughter of Ehran the Scribe; Initiate hermetic mage; Shadowtalker List

Former student of and possible lover of.... Harlequin. Is that right? I know he took her from Ehran and taught her some stuff, but then remind me of a couple that fights all the time and refuses to admit that they have feelings for each other. Though he is..... infinitely older than her. Old elves need love too?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <12-26-12/2001:52> »
Frosty
Information: Daughter of Ehran the Scribe; Initiate hermetic mage; Shadowtalker List

Former student of and possible lover of.... Harlequin. Is that right? I know he took her from Ehran and taught her some stuff, but then remind me of a couple that fights all the time and refuses to admit that they have feelings for each other. Though he is..... infinitely older than her. Old elves need love too?

Talk about cradle robbing...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #33 on: <12-26-12/2007:28> »
Frosty

Talk about cradle robbing...

No proof of a relationship beyond student and mentor (just a very common rumour here on our version of Jackpoint).  Wasn't 'taken' from Ethran the Scribe per se, but was recruited to Harliquin's side during a ritual dual between the two (and used for some heavy duty ritual magic as well).  Only recent discovered she was Ethran's daughter... not sure if she has caught up with either Harlequin or Ethran since...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <12-26-12/2014:49> »
I'd be willing to bet my left arm that if she really wanted to get a hold on the jester she'd have a way to contact him. That being said, I know far less about Ehran outside of him being a former Prince.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #35 on: <12-26-12/2023:36> »
I'd be willing to bet my left arm that if she really wanted to get a hold on the jester she'd have a way to contact him. That being said, I know far less about Ehran outside of him being a former Prince.

Do you think she will be upset that Harliquin kept it from her, or that Ehran denied her.  So... either a feeling of being used, of being just a tool in a pointless struggle between the raging egos of immortal elves... or the feeling of being completly rejected by your father. Oh well...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <12-26-12/2056:36> »
Nah, she seems much more the type to respect what they are, what they might have to do, and probably could care less.

For those of you hip to other games, I liken her and Harlequin to Joihra and Teferi.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-26-12/2100:21> »
Liken them to who and who?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <12-26-12/2103:06> »
I'd be willing to bet my left arm that if she really wanted to get a hold on the jester she'd have a way to contact him.
Having a RELIABLE way of getting him to reply, OTOH...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-26-12/2115:22> »
Meanwhile, he doesn't seem to have any trouble hijacking her JackPoint account. :)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-26-12/2256:25> »
Well, Harley is kind of an entitled jerk. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <12-26-12/2339:54> »
Meanwhile, he doesn't seem to have any trouble hijacking her JackPoint account. :)
Well, Harley is kind of an entitled jerk. :)
Look at how many tricks FastJack has learned in his lifetime.

How old is Harley again?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #42 on: <12-27-12/0045:42> »
Well, when your brain is linked to several individuals, that can happen. I think the post at the end of Land of Promise is Ehran speaking through Frosty, as well. Clutch of Dragons lays out the fact that all the elves, at least, that were present at the Watergate Rift when Ghostwalker closed it are mentally linked on some level. The exact extent of the link is unclear, but it seems to fall somewhere between an empathic link and a mindlink spell. Presumably, the older, more powerful elves may be able to 'guide' the link to some extent.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <12-27-12/0114:25> »
You assume that they are even aware of it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #44 on: <12-27-12/0428:24> »
Well, the fiction certainly seemed to imply that Surehand and Ehran were aware of it, and Frosty said in the main article that she'd been getting 'flashes' or some such, and had discussed it with Arete. So they know something's up, they just don't know what. Just like how they apparently know that Aina isn't really dead. And if Surehand and Ehran are aware of the link, then I'd bet my last nuyen that Harlequin is aware. He might be too blinded by passion to understand what it means, but he's aware.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters