NEWS

Evo Question (hope this is the right place to ask)

• 44 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #30 on: <05-27-12/1644:32> »
I don't think Art is being hidden away somewhere by the DF. He's too toxic. If even one whisper of his existence got out, the Corporate Court would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Now here's an idea. Just how did Horizon jump up to AAA status all of a sudden? Perhaps someone traded Art's location for a seat at the big table...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #31 on: <05-27-12/1648:34> »
Well if Art considered himself to be just a toll of revenge, a weapon of retribution on AAA`s, it might as well be Art himself, after he reaches some kind of milestone in his agenda...from what I heard so far, he is not a dragon, well was almost as agile as one of them when challenging Corporate Court. Lets assume he has got a plan within a plan...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <05-27-12/1958:40> »
The problem isn't so much as to force people to choose the path that will lead to your victory, it's to make all paths available to them lead to your victory.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #33 on: <05-27-12/2103:27> »
Especially when the people you are talking about are the clever corporate types like Richard Villiers.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <05-27-12/2118:52> »
Especially when the people you are talking about are the clever corporate types like Richard Villiers.
There's a reason he's jumped ship at just the right time and renamed his company how many times?

But I was thinking Lofwyr when I wrote that.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-28-12/0212:42> »
ehh...that "marketing" word just rang the bell
Horizon...
just wild speculation...but is it possible that Art is somehow involved in Consensus algorithm creation? Because no matter what...that algorithm was probably there before Horizon become even A rated company...it was a foundation stone for Horizon...who is its father? Who had the knowledge and resources to create something like this?

What makes you think that the Concensus is an algorithm?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-28-12/0320:24> »
In fact, I didnt finished readin Twilight Horizon yet, but it seems to me, that Horizon is some kind of public opinion survey tool that, based on inputs from all Horizon employes, defines further actions and targets of the company. And if it is some kind of data processing, there is algorithm behind it, no matter if it is expert system or AI. IMO.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #37 on: <05-28-12/0436:00> »
I think Wakshaani, and this is only my guess, is refering to all those discussions on what else the Consensus could be.  You know, that living Meme stuff, or a spirit or a thought form or whatever else you can imagine.  Belief given form. Or it could be Deus or another AI or Big D or anything.

Or an online survey.

There was a long thread on it, but I cannot remember which one it was...

Though it could be an AI... I suspect it is not.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-28-12/0655:41> »
Undertood....my vote is on that living meme, but even this may follow some pattern/algorithm, if created intentionaly...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <05-28-12/1038:07> »
Yeah, sorry, was just waving the "It could be a lot of other things" flag. I'm always curious to see what other people think. :)

Otherwise, thank you for purchasing Twilight Horizon! I only did a single chapter, but, it's my first-ever professional work. I hope you enjoy it!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-28-12/1044:07> »
Sometimes its hard to imagine the Seattle or Denver, since we know it just from pictures and movies here in CR, well everyon at the table had drect experience wit New Vegas, so it realy rise an interrest in playing game there. just as we finish Artifacts campaign, ill give them a chance (or during downtime between Artifacts :) ) Nice setting book and good work from everyone. Sometimes the story feels a bit forced, but like I said, I hadnt even finished it yet.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #41 on: <05-28-12/1521:41> »
The Consensus analysis system ... mmmm.  Clearly you people need to go back and read the UB handout again.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-28-12/1940:51> »
Sometimes its hard to imagine the Seattle or Denver, since we know it just from pictures and movies here in CR, well everyon at the table had drect experience wit New Vegas, so it realy rise an interrest in playing game there. just as we finish Artifacts campaign, ill give them a chance (or during downtime between Artifacts :) ) Nice setting book and good work from everyone. Sometimes the story feels a bit forced, but like I said, I hadnt even finished it yet.

We get that as well.  In Australia, our biggest city in just 3.5 million (and its mostly spreadout and fairly flat and suburbian.  I play in Canberra which has a whopping population of 300,000 and maybe less then a dozen buildings higher then 3 stories.

I've been to Toyko, Sapporo, Hong Kong, and Beijing, so I can picture these cities of the future better, but most my players have never left Australia, with its small, clean cities.  So we must rely on hollliwood to provide inspiration and atmosphere for the game...

The tough bit is when books assume that we know what they are talking about re: locations in america.  Sometimes I need to look things up a fair bit.  It would be great to get more atmospheric descriptions of locations, for example the barrens, or the big city etc.
Perception molds reality

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <05-28-12/1944:23> »
A dream of mine is, one day, to gather up a crew and go out and about in a few cities (Detroit, New York, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta) and take a gajillion pictures of both the bright and shiny parts, which are easy to find pictures of, and the icky downtrodden parts, which are way, way harder to find.

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-28-12/2145:12> »
A dream of mine is, one day, to gather up a crew and go out and about in a few cities (Detroit, New York, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta) and take a gajillion pictures of both the bright and shiny parts, which are easy to find pictures of, and the icky downtrodden parts, which are way, way harder to find.

I just spent 3 weeks in Chine (2 in Beijing) and I was thinking the same thing when I was there.  But alas, by GF did not understand why I wanted to take photos on the... um... less touristing aspects on the city.  But for me, it was like I was looking at a version of the barrens (with less gangs perhaps...)

"Beijing... is like living in a dusty globe.  The sky above is a constant grey haze, no clouds, no stars, no sun or moon.  The air is hot and humid and thick.  Within hours of arriving, your throat will begin to ich and then burn from the dusty poluted air.  Everywhere you go are endless buildings, and endless crowds of people.  The constant noise, the constant people pushing against you can be draining.  On a hot day, your shirt will become wet with the sweat and grime of the people around you.  As you walk down the street, you must make your way past the the street vendors, selling hot food, fresh fruit and various grey/black market goods.  Among them are the beggers, men and women barely alive, starving and diseased, crying out for help and ignored in the most part by the living city around them.  When in Beijing, you can travel a hour in any direction and still be surrounded by tall modern building and endless apartment buildings.  Modern corporate headquarters sit surrounded by decaying tenaments.  Corporate workers mingle with labourers from the rural provinces.  Designer brands sell t-shirts for 20,000 RMB, accross the road you can buy a knock-off for 20 rmb.  Poverty and wealth, endless buildings, heaving crowds. Welcome to Beijing!"

I actually like Beijing and China in general, but damn if it isnt dramatically different from Australia... :)
Perception molds reality