NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #645 on: <11-04-14/0820:37> »
Ok guys I'm pretty lost as to where we're up to with initiative and such. Not a huge amount I can achieve it the matrix here either (can't hack ghouls and clowns die quicker than I can hack their stuff) so if you guys have specific requests Morgan will run them, otherwise I'll sit out the combat and see you guys on the other side.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #646 on: <11-04-14/1150:28> »
Yeah not my best plan either.
I was worried the flashbang would've caused them to shoot the hostages if we didn't do something quick.

Then again, we should be out of range considering she heaved it in. You also have a combat turn before it fills the car.  We can close it up, pull back and wait. If there's a filtration system that is up to it we can then we can air the place out.

In the meantime, it buys us some time to deal with the ghouls.

A Speed of One Combat Turn simply means I don't get hit by it until after one Combat Turn. I don't have a Medkit available within the closes 2 cars, and I doubt I can make it to the top of Train 8 to get my medkit in time.

Anyway, that's up to the GM if it fills the car immediately or if we have time to seal the room.

Er... didn't the spirit just charge into the room? Maybe he should dematerialize and hang out in Astral Space for a bit...

--------------------------------------

@CT

All right, from what I can tell, everyone has gone except Harrier. I will take any prerolled Initiatives for the next Combat Turn.

Initiative Rolls for current situation. Organized.

Ericen | Flicker - Initiative: 11+4d6 27
All4BigGuns | Cutter - 3d6+11=27 [4,6,6,11] = (27)
8-bit | Ghost - Initiative (1): 15+3d6 25 [4, 3, 3] - 2 for Wound Modifiers = 23
JackVII | Harrier - 9+4d6 → [9,2,1,5,5] = (22)
Csjarrat | Morgan - Hot sim initiative: 9 + 4d6 (4d6=12) = 21
Jayde Moon | Betsy - 1d6+9: 12 [1d6=3]
Lusis | Luz - 8+1d6: 10 [1d6=2] http://orokos.com/roll/220362

Rolls Needed

saithor | Alicia - 9 + 1d6
GM/saithor | Fire Spirit - 15 + 2d6

Currently Outside of Combat.

adamu | Al - (Using prerolled result) 2d6 + 11 → [6,6,11] = (23) | Engaged in combat before everyone else, so is at a fresh roll (not currently engaged in combat, thus outside of Initiative)

@Aria

I guess it would be good to know if the gas from Luz's grenade immediately fills the room, or if we have a chance to seal the door (hopefully it seals properly).

Also, I hope you don't mind the initiative thing. I know you have a lot to do, so I figured I might as well help out. It's hard to restrict things to an Initiative order, because that's the nature of PbP, but at least we have a semblance of an idea of who acts when. I'm fine for Roleplaying instead of Roll-playing, but hopefully the Initiatives help.

Ok guys I'm pretty lost as to where we're up to with initiative and such. Not a huge amount I can achieve it the matrix here either (can't hack ghouls and clowns die quicker than I can hack their stuff) so if you guys have specific requests Morgan will run them, otherwise I'll sit out the combat and see you guys on the other side.

Can you hack the incoming bird and maybe brick it? Not sure if that will help the hostage situation, but it's something to think about. I can't think of anything else other than monitoring communication feeds from the clowns.
« Last Edit: <11-10-14/2330:40> by 8-bit »

adamu

« Reply #647 on: <11-04-14/1254:57> »
Now that is a hell of a great idea!

That incoming LAV is probably the biggest single threat!

Harrier went off to intercept, but looks like a pretty lopsided battle there.

Hacking that beast would be huge for us, and a much worthier challenge than bricking guns!

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #648 on: <11-04-14/1429:09> »
great stuff, i'll crack on with that then
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #649 on: <11-04-14/1433:03> »
@CT

All right, from what I can tell, everyone has gone except Harrier. I will take any prerolled Initiatives for the next Combat Turn.

Initiative Rolls for current situation. Organized.

Ericen | Flicker - Initiative: 11+4d6 27
8-bit | Ghost - Initiative (1): 15+3d6 25 [4, 3, 3] - 2 for Wound Modifiers = 23
JackVII | Harrier - 9+4d6 → [9,2,1,5,5] = (22)
Csjarrat | Morgan - [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638742/]Hot sim initiative: 9 + 4d6 (4d6=12)
= 21
Jayde Moon | Betsy - 1d6+9: 12 [1d6=3]
Lusis | Luz - 8+1d6: 10 [1d6=2] http://orokos.com/roll/220362

Rolls Needed

All4BigGuns | Cutter - 11 + 3d6
saithor | Alicia - 9 + 1d6
GM/saithor | Fire Spirit - 15 + 2d6

Currently Outside of Combat.

adamu | Al - (Using prerolled result) 2d6 + 11 → [6,6,11] = (23) | Engaged in combat before everyone else, so is at a fresh roll (not currently engaged in combat, thus outside of Initiative)

Here's that Initiative roll: [4,6,6,11] = (27)  3d6+11=27

Holy crap!

Hacking that beast would be huge for us, and a much worthier challenge than bricking guns!

Brick nothing...gain control of that thing's autopilot so that we can take it over and give it to Harrier.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

8-bit

« Reply #650 on: <11-04-14/1441:53> »
Initiative added, thanks. You and Flicker technically act on the exact same moment, but I believe you two are at different places.

Brick nothing...gain control of that thing's autopilot so that we can take it over and give it to Harrier.

He cannot transfer Marks to Harrier (unless he was a Technomancer with the Puppeteer Complex Form), so the best he can do is either Brick it, or use Control Device to try and steer it into either crashing or just not landing near the clowns. The Control Device is obviously preferable, but I think it requires two or three Marks. If he can do it, or thinks he can, I would say go for it. Otherwise, Bricking it is easier, and still effective at removing it from combat.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #651 on: <11-04-14/1445:16> »
Initiative added, thanks. You and Flicker technically act on the exact same moment, but I believe you two are at different places.

He cannot transfer Marks to Harrier (unless he was a Technomancer with the Puppeteer Complex Form), so the best he can do is either Brick it, or use Control Device to try and steer it into either crashing or just not landing near the clowns. The Control Device is obviously preferable, but I think it requires two or three Marks. If he can do it, or thinks he can, I would say go for it. Otherwise, Bricking it is easier, and still effective at removing it from combat.

I meant later on with the "giving it to Harrier" part. Control Device it for a while (ejecting the pilot while he's at it), and once the dust settles we can get everything all set up so that our Rigger can take it.

8-bit

« Reply #652 on: <11-04-14/1448:02> »
That's a good point. That would be highly preferable.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #653 on: <11-04-14/1647:15> »
Pass 1:
-Matrix perception to spot the LAV: perception (10d6.hits(5)=3)
-Change configuration of deck: Attack 7//Firewall 6//DP5//Sleaze 4
                                                         +singal scrub//+hammer//+decryption//+Virtual box{configurator}{shell}
x2 simple actions

Pass 2:

-Brute force hacking: brute force (2 marks) (10d6.hits(5)=4)
 -EDG to reroll failures edg (6d6.hits(5)=1) gets an extra 1.5 total hits
x1 complex action
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #654 on: <11-04-14/1653:36> »
Actually, your first pass would be a Complex Action for the Matrix Perception, and a Free Action for the Configuration.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #655 on: <11-04-14/1657:13> »
Actually, your first pass would be a Complex Action for the Matrix Perception, and a Free Action for the Configuration.
huh, been playing that one wrong for a while lol.
good catch, cheers
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #656 on: <11-04-14/1704:47> »
I have a feeling all my actions are going to have to be devoted to keeping those ghouls at bay riding around them just outside their reach.

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #657 on: <11-04-14/1720:38> »
I see my initiative is up , but have I closed the gap to the other train? Did I make it inside or is it for a ghoul outside close to me?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #658 on: <11-05-14/1237:15> »
Pass 1:
x2 simple actions

Pass 2:

x1 complex action
I confess to a bad need to re-read the matrix rules for a third time on this one so bear with me... the LAV will be running silent more than 100m from you...given that you don't have a specific location can you even begin to search for it?  I'm going to say 'yes' because then you don't need to re-write your IC and it seems sort of reasonable but I'm not entirely sure that it's RAW?!?  I need to go and look at my matrix cheat sheet, hopefully I can get back on this tomorrow.

@8-bit, thanks for managing the initiative!  V. useful!  Have 2 karma and 4000 nuyen on me, there may be more incoming if you keep it up :)

So, I know you all need some more answers, will try and get on to them as soon as I can but it won't be today now, sorry  :-\
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #659 on: <11-05-14/1244:11> »
Pass 1:
x2 simple actions

Pass 2:

x1 complex action
I confess to a bad need to re-read the matrix rules for a third time on this one so bear with me... the LAV will be running silent more than 100m from you...given that you don't have a specific location can you even begin to search for it?  I'm going to say 'yes' because then you don't need to re-write your IC and it seems sort of reasonable but I'm not entirely sure that it's RAW?!?  I need to go and look at my matrix cheat sheet, hopefully I can get back on this tomorrow.

Matrix Perception vs. Running Silent is a Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] vs. Logic + Sleaze test. The first net hit spots the device, the rest provide analysis.

@8-bit, thanks for managing the initiative!  V. useful!  Have 2 karma and 4000 nuyen on me, there may be more incoming if you keep it up :)

So, I know you all need some more answers, will try and get on to them as soon as I can but it won't be today now, sorry  :-\

Glad I could help.