NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #525 on: <10-22-14/2010:04> »
Ghost and Luz seem to be giving up no momentum it seems.

Luz will Take Aim (DP Bonus) and Push the Limit of her first Automatics roll, declaring a semi-auto shot to the vitals (brain pan).
14d6: [14d6=3, 5, 2, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2 Link = 7 Hits
Push the Limit Edge Roll (5 -4DP for Called Shot, +1 for Exploding Dice on previous roll) 2d6t5: [2d6t5=6, 2] Link = +1 Hit

So 8 hits (unless you want a fresh roll considering it's edged) From the M23  (9P, -2AP) +2 DV for Vitals.

Out of curiosity, why did the title of this game thread change?

How did  you get 7 hits with only 5 rolls or 5 or 6? I'm new to the game, thought that only 5's and 6's are hits?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #526 on: <10-22-14/2012:27> »
Ghost and Luz seem to be giving up no momentum it seems.

Luz will Take Aim (DP Bonus) and Push the Limit of her first Automatics roll, declaring a semi-auto shot to the vitals (brain pan).
14d6: [14d6=3, 5, 2, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2 Link = 7 Hits
Push the Limit Edge Roll (5 -4DP for Called Shot, +1 for Exploding Dice on previous roll) 2d6t5: [2d6t5=6, 2] Link = +1 Hit

So 8 hits (unless you want a fresh roll considering it's edged) From the M23  (9P, -2AP) +2 DV for Vitals.

Out of curiosity, why did the title of this game thread change?

How did  you get 7 hits with only 5 rolls or 5 or 6? I'm new to the game, thought that only 5's and 6's are hits?

Doh! My bad. Thanks!

Should've been 6 hits total. Post is edited.
« Last Edit: <10-22-14/2014:21> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #527 on: <10-22-14/2218:35> »
Is it okay for me to start posting IC?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

8-bit

« Reply #528 on: <10-22-14/2224:11> »
Sure, just figure out where you are and what you're doing. It's likely our group hasn't had contact with you yet, so just be careful in how you approach the people who are currently, ahem, murdering psychopathic killer clowns.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #529 on: <10-22-14/2251:39> »
Assensining on Rodeo:6, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3  So two hits total.

Also, Alicia is ready to sick a spirit on somebody if you guys think you need help. That's assuming you can order spirits from the Astral plane. Can you?

Edit: Did make one final decision on my character, did not affect Assensining Test. Will not be making any more edits.
« Last Edit: <10-22-14/2253:53> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #530 on: <10-23-14/0449:25> »
Ok, bit of housekeeping before I get into rolls etc later...

Campaign Name: This has changed to match Dumpshock and is a guarded reference to some of my future ideas.  Jayde has suggested that I look into Obsidian Portal as a cross forum campaign reference place for contacts, maps etc and that will mean needing a single name.  The individual sub threads are staying as they are and I'll probably still just refer to it as '2075'

Initiative 'Houserule': Well not a rule as such... I agree that keeping track is a pain and I confess that with the nature of pbp I tend to compare yours against the foe but ignore your fellow PCs because people post at different rates and I prefer flow to strict RAW (I try my best to ensure the differences between PCs don't mean a high initiative character is penalised against a low one though)... what I propose is that you roll once and I will record that against your name in a list and link it at the beginning of the OoC (I might even re-order the names in more or less initiative order).  So that people aren't screwed by a single bad roll you are free to re-roll at the beginning of any combat phase as normal but you will have to prod me to get me to update the list.  If another GM comes along for a thread (adamu is GMing Tribes for me over on DS for example) then I can link a list they create and manage instead.  If this meets with majority approval I will add a note at the beginning of this OoC and the DS OoC too for consistency.
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #531 on: <10-23-14/0450:42> »
Assensining on Rodeo:6, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3  So two hits total.
I'd prefer it if you and Rodeo describe what each other can see in terms of your own auras.  You can do it OoC or do an @xxx post in the IC and it will count towards your reward/post count...)

Flicker matches action to words no sooner than he finishes his sentence than his arm blurs forward and the throwing spike strikes the eye of the clown holding the joy girl. Living up to his name he is standing next to the hostage with the katana blade flashing in the light. And as if by magic 2 more throwing spikes are in his hand replacing the one  that is resting in the clowns eye.

It is said if you must resort to violence you have already lost.

Flicker appears to be calm and is waiting to intervene if one of the clowns makes a move towards them.
I checked your throwing rolls, 9D base, I hope you were calling shot against the clown or you seriously risked hitting the joygirl?!?  It worked out ok though as you had plenty of hits on that first roll!  Any chance you can list your actually rolls rather than the sum?  Makes knocking off D easier for me if there are modifiers etc...same goes for everyone else!  I'm lazy and prefer not to have to follow links if I don't have to  ;)

Side note, you don't appear to be ambidextrous so I'm guessing the katana is in your off hand at the moment???
« Last Edit: <10-23-14/0456:54> by Aria »

8-bit

« Reply #532 on: <10-23-14/1137:27> »
I agree with the Initiative thing. I'm all for posting IC as needed, and going smudging the rules slightly, but when we get into combat, it sort of is important that a high Initiative character (like mine) is not taking 2 - 4 turns without anyone, including the opposition, doing anything. I think it will definitely help stuff flow if we know people's intiatives (I'm assuming we will use prerolled stuff unless we specifically roll) so that we can keep the PbP moving.

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #533 on: <10-23-14/1213:25> »
Be happy to list and yes in my off hand since attack with katana will be a 2 handed strike.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #534 on: <10-23-14/1225:11> »
Sounds good.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #535 on: <10-23-14/1331:07> »
Saithor, is Alicia in a train car or outside of them?  It's pertinent in that, afaik, you cannot see through solid objects from the astral (though you can easily travel through them).

So that will determine if Rodeo sees Alicia or not (I'm not worried about if she sees/saw Rodeo, maybe you are in the train car and caught sight of her as she was moving upwards or whatever).

On your assensing, you'll note that Rodeo is an astral traveler, not an astral being, with nothing immediately remarkable about her.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

8-bit

« Reply #536 on: <10-23-14/1338:05> »
@CT (I know there aren't any other threads on the Shadowgrid at the moment)

All right, situation check. Ghost, Luz and Flicker are all in the same car fighting the same clowns, right? As far as I can tell, we've taken out 3 Clowns, or at least neutralized 3. How many are left, and how many are using hostages as body shields? I also assume that most, if not all of the hostages are not armored. I just would like to know so that I can determine which one I will shoot next. And yes, the hostage question is important, because I might be shooting through a hostage. Sure, it might hurt the hostage, but it might also save his/her life, which is what we are paid to do. They can yell at me later when they aren't seconds from death. Still only a chance that I'll do that though. If you, as the GM, determine I don't have this information, I'll write up a generic action for my next Action Pass.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #537 on: <10-23-14/1727:02> »
3 clowns down (more or less) in car 13...no more evident...hostages will be coming out of shock and at least one will start screaming hysterically!

There were 12 clowns total as far as you know/remember... I'm a bit vague about whether Al has reported in his attacker without double checking but he probably has, three more are in the RV with yet more hostages (one deceased!)

So I make that 5 unaccounted for... dum dum duuuuuum!  ::)

8-bit

« Reply #538 on: <10-23-14/1728:52> »
@CT

Ah, so we removed all the ones in the back car. Excellent. Do you want me to stay in Initiative as I move to help Harrier, or do you want me to go with story-telling mode?

adamu

« Reply #539 on: <10-23-14/1751:01> »
3 clowns down (more or less) in car 13...no more evident...hostages will be coming out of shock and at least one will start screaming hysterically!

There were 12 clowns total as far as you know/remember... I'm a bit vague about whether Al has reported in his attacker without double checking but he probably has, three more are in the RV with yet more hostages (one deceased!)

So I make that 5 unaccounted for... dum dum duuuuuum!  ::)

Al's last message to the team was <<Slow 'em down for me, flyboy, got problems of muh own up here.>> before he even opened up the cab.
Since then, it's been in the back of his mind to communicate what's going on, but with seconds to stop the train crashing and also determined to keep this weird spirit too busy chatting to eat his soul or something, he's just been too busy for texting.