NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #495 on: <10-20-14/1238:28> »
I will get an IC up tomorrow at the latest so if you can restrain yourselves until then that's fine... if you are burning to post then feel free to describe the scene as per my post just before the weekend and I will take on any details you add...

The joygirl / other hostages are firmly between the clowns and you lot... I don't think anyone has come from car 14 yet so they are focused towards car 12...yes, they will be getting more hostages as you turn up, it's what they are here to do...

Initiatives please and you can be more specific and declare attacks, rolls etc... I would urge for call shots as a minimum to avoid hitting hostages...oh, and don't miss!  Don't worry if you pick the same target...unless you are coordinating who you are hitting then it's a bit of a free for all, let's hope you don't all decide to target the same clown and end up on the receiving end of their weapons in return  :o
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #496 on: <10-20-14/1305:50> »
@CT

How large is this area? Basically, if I toss a flashbang in there, will it hit everyone, including Luz and myself? I would assume so, which is why I don't think I'm going to be tossing them in. Also, since we can see the clowns, do they appear to be wearing any sort of armor? I would assume so, but does it look like a vest, or a jacket?

Initiative: 15+3d6 30

Damn, just below 4 passes.

Action Pass 1 on Initiative 30:
Simple Action - Take Aim at the first Clown I see (+1 to Attack Roll)
Free Action - Call a shot to Vitals (-4 modifier to the shot, +2 DV as per page 196 of the Core Book of SR5) - For flavor, I think I'll put it located at his heart; a messy and terrifying wound to look at.
Simple Action - Shoot Enfield AS-7 in BF mode at the Clown - 11 Agility + Longarms 6 + 1 for Take Aim + 2 for Smartlink - 4 for Called Shot = 16 dice to Attack.

Shooting Enfield AS-7 at the first clown I see: 16d6t5 8 [5, 4, 1, 3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4] - Limited to 7 hits due to Accuracy.

The Clown takes a -2 penalty to his defense test, but not to the soak roll. DV 15P + Net hits, AP -5. 3 APDS rounds used in 24 round drum. 21 remaining in drum, 47 remaining total.

--------------

Speaking of drums, I spent 5 nuyen per drum as if it were a clip. A drum may be more expensive if you choose it to be. Whatever the cost, can I retroactively pay it so that I have drums for the shotgun?

Also, a lot of those numbers are just for me to keep track of ammunition, so that I can track my expenses and if I'm going to run out of ammo. They are not 100% necessary to the shot.

Edit: Another question to add. How long does it take to reset Progressive Recoil for this game? Normally it's a full Action Pass without shooting, which is fine by me. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any houserules.
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/1317:11> by 8-bit »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #497 on: <10-20-14/1306:51> »
I will get a background and so on up as soon as I can. I did post the page number for that question I had, I don't think I ever to an answer.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #498 on: <10-20-14/1556:37> »

And I am Haze on dumpshock. Waiting there to see Al's play.

Well, as long as we are crossing boards…

I'll be ICing in LG right after Gotham (about an hour from now, and I'll post my thoughts to you OOC as well.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #499 on: <10-20-14/1607:14> »
@CT

Here's Harrier's actions/rolls:

Sensor Lock (Pre-Initiaitve): 14d6.hits(5) → [5,6,1,3,6,1,1,6,6,6,1,4,1,1] = (6)
Initiative: 9+4d6 → [9,6,5,3,6] = (29)
CT1, IP1
Complex Action: Firing a short FA burst into the area in front of the RV as a warning shot (No roll)
Free Action: Create an open ARO stating: HALT THE RV! NEXT SHOT IS FOR REAL!
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #500 on: <10-20-14/1811:27> »
New initiative rolls up with my other rolls.

Unless attacked, I think Al may be out of the fight now, as next action may take a while in terms of 3-second combat turns.

Will use Automotive Mechanic + Juryrigging quality to keep "destroyed device so that it will operate just one more time…"

Idea is to get into the guts under the console and find something to manipulate so that I can maintain control of the rig for 1d6 minutes - probably long enough to be done with combat, maybe away from ghouls, and stop safely so that we can conduct a real repair as quickly as possible.

Logic + Skill + Juryrigger bonus = 13 dice
I've got tools, but will leave adding or subtracting situational mods to GM.
Though note that base threshold is lowered by one.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4686626/
13d6.hits(5) → [6,2,5,6,3,1,5,5,4,5,6,2,6] = (8)

Note also that Mental Limit is 7.
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/1845:20> by adamu »

8-bit

« Reply #501 on: <10-20-14/1815:53> »
Click "Modify" on your post. Click the "Attachments and Other Options". There is a checkbox that says "Don't Use Smileys." Check it, click "Post" or "Save" and it will remove the smiley.

adamu

« Reply #502 on: <10-20-14/1843:45> »
Click "Modify" on your post. Click the "Attachments and Other Options". There is a checkbox that says "Don't Use Smileys." Check it, click "Post" or "Save" and it will remove the smiley.

Sweet - much appreciated!

8-bit

« Reply #503 on: <10-20-14/1930:55> »

Sweet - much appreciated!

No problem, glad I could help.

@Aria

How do you handle the rules for Bull's Eye/Double Tap from Run & Gun? From the errata:

Quote from: Run & Gun Errata; page 3
The attack results in an AP increase equal to the base weapon AP multiplied by the number of bullets in the burst with a maximum modifier of x3.

So, if I shot a gun with a -4 AP, and shot 3 bullets, then it would have -12 AP. However, it says it's an increase to AP. Does that mean, that since the gun normally has a -4 AP, and APDS Rounds normally give -4 AP, that I would add them all together? The end result would be -20 AP, which seems a little ridiculous if you ask me. I only ask because I may end up using this called shot at some point, so I want to make sure I'm staying within the rules.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #504 on: <10-20-14/2010:24> »
If any hackers are still in this, could we get the clown's guns bricked?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #505 on: <10-20-14/2011:12> »

Yes, that would be useful. It would be much better if they can't kill the hostages we are supposed to protect/save.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #506 on: <10-20-14/2231:15> »
Alicia Reeves

Priorities
Meta-D
Resources-E
Magic-C
Stats-B
Skills-A

Stats
Body 2
AGL 3
REA 3
STR 1 (Raise to 2 with Karma)
WIL 5
INT 6
LOG 5
CHA 5
MAGIC 6
EDG 2
Initiative: 9+1d6
Astral Initiative: 12+2d6
Condition Moniter Physical: 10
Stun: 10
Overflow: 3
Limits:
Mental: 6
Physical: 3
Social: 6

Qualities: Common Mild Allergy (+10) , Insomia (+10), Minor Addiction (Alcoholisim) (+4), A, 3x Focused Concetration (-12)

Karma 4
Raising STR to 2 (-10)
20,000 nuyen (-10)
Spell (Area Thought Recognition) -5
Mentor Spirit (Snake) -5
4 Service Bound Fire Spirit Force 6 (Optional Powers Guard and Search) -4
3 Service Bound Water Spirit Force 6 (Optional Powers Binding and Weather Control)  -3
Skills
Conjuring Skill Group 5
Stealth Skill Group 3 2
Influence skill Group 2 0
Spellcasting 6
Counterspelling 5
Perception 6
Con 6
Arcana 4
Pistol 4
Locksmith 2
Aseensing 6
Tracking 3
First Aid 2
Ritual Spellcasting 2

Knolwedge Skills
Law 4
Criminal Organization 4
Megacorporations 2 (Specialization: Aztecchnology)
Gang Identification 4
Sprawl Life 2
Security Companies 3

Contacts
Police Detective 3/3
Talismonger 3/3
Hacker 3/2
Tialli Ichtaca 4/4

Spells
Detect Life Extended
Physical Mask
Combat Sense
Lightning Bolt
Heal
Area Though Recognition
Mob Mind

Weapons
Ares Light Fire 70
-100 Regular Round
-50 Gel Rounds
-2 Spare Clips
-Concealed Holster
Lifestyle
1 Month Low Lifestyle

Armor
Lined Coat

Gear
1 Renraku Sensei Comnlink
3 Meta Link Comn Links
30 Security Tags
Bug Scanner
Glasses Capacity 4 w/Image Link, Vision Magnification, Vision Enhancement 1, Thermographic Vision
Rating 4 Fake SIN
Crowbar
3 Rating 4 fake Liscenes (Private Investigator, Posession of a Firearm, Concealed Carry)
Rating 2 Ear Buds W/ Audio Enhancement 2
Rating 6 Medkit
Rating 6 Bug Scanner
Rating 4 Area Jammer
Rating 3 Sequencer
Nuyen: 8610
« Last Edit: <10-29-14/1814:04> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #507 on: <10-21-14/0414:31> »
"e author=Lusis link=topic=17794.msg326750#msg326750 date=1413850224]
[/quote]
I'd love to but its a bit of a free for all at the moment, i was still awaiting my perception roll results from before.
If we're moving to initiative now: 10 + 4d6
4d6=14 = 23 INI in hot sim.

Deck loadout:
Attack 7(+1)//DP 6(+1)// Firewall 5//Sleaze 4

Programs (4):
-Toolbox {+1dp}
-Decryption {+1 attack}
-Hammer {+2dv}
-Virtual Box: -BioFeedback Filter {+2 soak dice}
                      -Signal Scrub {-2 noise}

Total noise reduction = 3

@GM, please can you confirm whether I can see the ICONS as normal (ie are they broadcasting?)
if not, my first action will be matrix perception:
13d6.hits(5)=5
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/0416:37> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #508 on: <10-21-14/0817:09> »
@GM, please can you confirm whether I can see the ICONS as normal (ie are they broadcasting?)
if not, my first action will be matrix perception:
13d6.hits(5)=5
This is where my matrix knowledge gets a little hazy...so please bear with me and feel free to point out if I've blundered...

There are multiple commlinks in the area, some will be hidden and some not, some will be accessing the host and visible there, some won't.  For sanity sake let's assume the clowns aren't on the host.  Now, do you need to be on the same grid as them to see them?  I suspect the 100m rule 'everything visible' overrides that otherwise you'd need to be on exactly the same grid to see an icon (right???  Except the matrix perception table implies you need to be on the grid and there's something in the hosts section saying you can't see in/out of the host boundary...).  So you'll need matrix perception for any hidden icons as normal, and don't be surprised if you find some of the roustabouts/performers in there.  I suspect the clown's 'links won't be projecting an 'I'm a clown' ARO so you'll need to do some sifting to hone in on them...boring I know :P  unless I've missed something obvious...?

So, hit one on perception = yes there are hidden icons, please feel free to ask me some questions from the table on 235 of the core book :D

@Aria

How do you handle the rules for Bull's Eye/Double Tap from Run & Gun? From the errata:

Quote from: Run & Gun Errata; page 3
The attack results in an AP increase equal to the base weapon AP multiplied by the number of bullets in the burst with a maximum modifier of x3.

So, if I shot a gun with a -4 AP, and shot 3 bullets, then it would have -12 AP. However, it says it's an increase to AP. Does that mean, that since the gun normally has a -4 AP, and APDS Rounds normally give -4 AP, that I would add them all together? The end result would be -20 AP, which seems a little ridiculous if you ask me. I only ask because I may end up using this called shot at some point, so I want to make sure I'm staying within the rules.
Hmmm, I re-read this and read the errata and I'm still not 100% sure... -20AP is clearly ridiculous, I suspect the intention (as APDS is the requisite ammo) is that you ignore the -4AP from that and it is just base x3, -12 in the example you gave.  Of course this is a bit bogus if you try this with a weapon that has no -AP so who the hell knows :P

Idea is to get into the guts under the console and find something to manipulate so that I can maintain control of the rig for 1d6 minutes - probably long enough to be done with combat, maybe away from ghouls, and stop safely so that we can conduct a real repair as quickly as possible.

Logic + Skill + Juryrigger bonus = 13 dice
I've got tools, but will leave adding or subtracting situational mods to GM.
I think 'guts' on the console may be a negative situational mod  ??? but you've more than covered it...so out of the fight for a few rounds unless more clowns come to see what happened to their buddy  ;D

I will get a background and so on up as soon as I can. I did post the page number for that question I had, I don't think I ever to an answer.
This question?
Street Grimoire Pg. 43. It essentialy is contrary on what the main what says about traditions, saying that now spirits can only perform the tasks that they are listed under for the tradition you follow. For example, you follow the Christian tradition and summon an air spirit? The only action it can do is Heal, never mind that it can't actually heal as an action. Aztec (Which my character is) and summon a Beast Spirit? The only actions he can take are manipulation ones.
Not sure about the page reference, can't see it on p43?  Anyway, it sounds like rubbish to me and I'm going to ignore it!

Aztech heh?  Looking forward to seeing your background!  :)
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/0832:45> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #509 on: <10-21-14/1202:14> »
With Rodeo astrally in the car where everything is going on, I am taking an assessing roll.  I've started my roll chart here and the first assessing check is 3 successes.

As I have time and stuff comes up, I'll fill that out more with rolls.
That's just like... your opinion, man.