NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #375 on: <09-29-14/2322:20> »
How frequent is the posting for this?

Well, the players are pretty active, but everyone is in different time zones. Maybe once a day? More if you really want to get into roleplaying (although things have slowed down slightly).

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #376 on: <09-30-14/0040:23> »
I mainly ask as my life is still pretty busy but getting better time wise enough to be back on here at least once a day.  I don't yet have time for a heavily active game where there are three to six pages of posts in less than a day's time.  That's awesome for the game certainly and the players who have that time but I don't want to get into something where due to my lack of time it may hold things up.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #377 on: <09-30-14/0219:43> »
I think the frequency heavily depends on Aria atm. He/she posts about once a day (since I'm in the team, which is not too long ^^), most players can post more often. So I guess the frequency can vary, depending if we need feedback/information from Aria.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #378 on: <09-30-14/0805:14> »
Imagine a mime that added a suit coat over his black (suit) pants and white/black striped shirt. Still Wearing the white gloves.
Don't forget it's all shades of grey in this circus, from very light to very dark but grey none the less!  Silver accents ok... ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #379 on: <09-30-14/0811:06> »
@CT:

Sorry, I've got too many things on my plate right now.  I'm gonna have to bow outta this.  But it looks like you've definitely got both Matrix and Face well covered (probably better than BT could have done it anyway) :)

Have fun! Hope I can get the time to follow along.
Sorry to hear that!  Feel free to join back in whenever...we'll keep Bittorrent lurking in the background for now chatting up some of the prettier acrobats!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #380 on: <09-30-14/0812:41> »
I think the frequency heavily depends on Aria atm. He/she posts about once a day (since I'm in the team, which is not too long ^^), most players can post more often. So I guess the frequency can vary, depending if we need feedback/information from Aria.
I try and check in OoC at least once a day (although no regular schedule at the weekend), and I try for an IC once to twice a week but welcome players posting more often and try to keep it fluid enough so that you can post as little or as often as you like.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #381 on: <09-30-14/0837:57> »
Ok, quick IC up to keep the negotiations moving... you've got enough superlative charisma on your side that he'll not be reaching for the guns first...provided you don't insult him it will come down to bargaining...

I'm happy for the faces to expand the conversation more or less as you see fit at the moment (btw it isn't drugs he's after...at a guess pure refers to orichalcum or similar high grade telesma, and 5kg is quite a lot! ~50K nuyen by my reckoning).  You can roll if you like or just compare bought hits to his 2 hits.

Once the main deal is concluded he will throw in a side deal for you to fix or replace their broken bikes, that could almost be more precarious than the main deal because they are precious to them.  You might suspect that they've been ordered here to intercept you and that is superseding their normal response to having their toys wrecked...

Now, who sent them...?  8)

8-bit

« Reply #382 on: <09-30-14/1057:04> »
Ok, quick IC up to keep the negotiations moving... you've got enough superlative charisma on your side that he'll not be reaching for the guns first...provided you don't insult him it will come down to bargaining...

I'm happy for the faces to expand the conversation more or less as you see fit at the moment (btw it isn't drugs he's after...at a guess pure refers to orichalcum or similar high grade telesma, and 5kg is quite a lot! ~50K nuyen by my reckoning).  You can roll if you like or just compare bought hits to his 2 hits.

Once the main deal is concluded he will throw in a side deal for you to fix or replace their broken bikes, that could almost be more precarious than the main deal because they are precious to them.  You might suspect that they've been ordered here to intercept you and that is superseding their normal response to having their toys wrecked...

Now, who sent them...?  8)

I'm sorry but I have to point out that they are asking for quite a bit more money than that. Each dram is about 1.77 grams. That's 2,824.8 drams of reagents. We'll round to 2,825 drams. Orichalcum is 140,000 nuyen per dram. That's 3,955,000 nuyen right there. There is a reason that Dunkelzahn, one of the richest damn dragons on the Earth, left a 5 pound brick of Orichalcum in his will and it was considered extremely valuable. I might have to check again, but I'm pretty sure it was only 5 pounds, not 5 kilograms. 5 kilograms is 11 pounds. In conclusion, the Ancients are asking for a hell of a lot of money. Sources are Core Book of SR5, and Shadow Spells for weight and price of a dram of Orichalcum. I don't mean to be rude, but I found it interesting that they would ask for that much Orichalcum.

Now, I'll leave the sensitive stuff to the faces who will (hopefully) not insult them.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #383 on: <09-30-14/1104:46> »
I'm sorry but I have to point out that they are asking for quite a bit more money than that. Each dram is about 1.77 grams. That's 2,824.8 drams of reagents. We'll round to 2,825 drams. Orichalcum is 140,000 nuyen per dram. That's 3,955,000 nuyen right there. There is a reason that Dunkelzahn, one of the richest damn dragons on the Earth, left a 5 pound brick of Orichalcum in his will and it was considered extremely valuable. I might have to check again, but I'm pretty sure it was only 5 pounds, not 5 kilograms. 5 kilograms is 11 pounds. In conclusion, the Ancients are asking for a hell of a lot of money. Sources are Core Book of SR5, and Shadow Spells for weight and price of a dram of Orichalcum. I don't mean to be rude, but I found it interesting that they would ask for that much Orichalcum.
Pretty sure Aria is using the basic pricing of reagents from the SR5 Core Book. 20 nuyen/dram of reagents. The core book describes each dram of reagent in comparison to Orichalcum. While SG and SS go into more detail with respect to Orichalcum/Radical Reagents/etc, if we use the pricing from the Core Book, 2,825 drams of reagents comes out to about 56K.
« Last Edit: <09-30-14/1110:58> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #384 on: <09-30-14/1109:35> »
Pretty sure Aria is using the basic pricing of reagents from the SR5 Core Book. 20 nuyen/dram of reagents. The core book describes each dram of reagent as containing Orichalcum, although not in its pure form. While SG and SS go into more detail with respect to Orichalcum/Radical Reagents/etc, if we use the pricing from the Core Book, 2,825 drams of reagents comes out to about 56K.

That sounds slightly more reasonable. It wouldn't be high grade "pure" stuff though, it would just be normal reagents.

Edit: I just noticed my math was off on the Orichalcum. It would be 395,500,000 nuyen. Just a little more than 3,955,000 nuyen. So... yeah, I don't think the Circus has that much money's worth of material.
« Last Edit: <09-30-14/1119:34> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #385 on: <09-30-14/1114:46> »
That sounds slightly more reasonable. It wouldn't be high grade "pure" stuff though, it would just be normal reagents.
I actually mis-remembered and you're correct. The reagents in the core book are measured in power in comparison to pure orichalcum, but aren't necessarily orichalcum in and of themselves (I think that's a change from previous editions). I do believe that SG provides for a way to refine it all to eventually produce orichalcum.

Anyway, I think we can probably read it as SR5 Core Reagents and be good. It makes sense price wise.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #386 on: <09-30-14/1252:29> »
I actually mis-remembered and you're correct. The reagents in the core book are measured in power in comparison to pure orichalcum, but aren't necessarily orichalcum in and of themselves (I think that's a change from previous editions). I do believe that SG provides for a way to refine it all to eventually produce orichalcum.

Anyway, I think we can probably read it as SR5 Core Reagents and be good. It makes sense price wise.

Yeah, makes much more sense price wise.

Edit: You can refine 10 drams of raw reagents into 1 dram of refined reagents. 10 drams of refined into 1 dram of radical reagents. 30 drams of radical into 1 dram of orichalcum. If nothing messes up of course. It means orichalcum technically has the same strength as 3,000 reagents, but I think it's supposed to be more. Anyways, it's expensive as hell, so raw reagents is much more reasonable sounding.

@CT

Just for curiosity's sake, what "guy with the rifle" is the leader talking about? Both Ghost and Al  have rifles pointed at them, and Ghost currently has the Ruthenium Polymer Coating active. I probably should have made a stealth check, but if I'm visible then it doesn't really matter.

Is there any sort of knowledge roll you want to determine what "pure" is? Ghost wouldn't know, but someone else might. I'm also thinking we should maybe ask Oblique what the hell kind of contraband he's carrying, since apparently the Ancients already know about it. Seems like it would be in his best interest to tell us so that we have a better understanding of what measures the opposition is willing to go to to get the contraband.
« Last Edit: <09-30-14/1255:36> by 8-bit »

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #387 on: <09-30-14/1301:04> »
I just asked for some info from Oblique. As soon as he responds, I can react to his wishes (ooc comment should be enough for Luz).
And still... 56k is a freaking huge sum. The Ancients would probably send 30+ people if they really expected such a large sum. So... less is probably ok as well.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #388 on: <09-30-14/1319:59> »
OK Aria, as requested, here's "Chooly the Beastmaster"

bod- 9
agi- 4
rea- 5/6
str- 9
wil- 5
log- 2
int- 4
cha- 3
edg- 1
ess- 6
ini- 2d6+10
mag- 2

-qualities
Mentor spirit, Dog
Mild allergy: Most animal fur
Uneducated
Loss of Confidence, Unarmed combat

-knowledges
Interest: Alcohol 4
Language: Or'zet 2
Street: Parazoology 4

-skills
Athletics group 2
 running
 swimming
 gymnastics
Animal handling/training 6/8  11/13 dice
computer 1
etiquette 1
first aid 2
intimidation 1
navigation 1
perception 4
performance/comedy 5/7
pilot watercraft 1
sneaking 2
survival 1
throwing 1
tracking 4   10 dice
Unarmed/subduing 4/6   8/10 dice

-adept powers
Animal Empathy lvl 2
improved reflexes lvl 1
Improved hearing
improved smell

Lifestyle: Carny

-weapons
Shock Gloves

-armor
Chain Mail
 Shock Frills
Helmet
 Micro-Transceiver
 Simrig
 Trodes
Securetech arms kit
Securetech legs kit
Securetech vitals kit

-gear
Renraku Sensei
 Sim mod
Medkit lvl 2

-papers
Fake SIN lvl 4 (Roger Elsworth, carnival worker)

-vehicles and drones
MCT fly-spy
 vision enhance lvl 2
MCT fly-spy
 vision enhance lvl 2

-contacts       con/loy
Edgar Worthington, Animal researcher 3/4
Curvy Jane, Animal Rights Blogger 5/2

Brief backstory

Chooly has been with the carnival for about 5 years now. He's a huge friendly guy with no education, but he's always had a way with animals. He feels more at ease when his furry friends are around and he always has. For the first three years he was here, he did a "Large animal wrestling" act. It was a bear for one year, a black panther the next, and finally a gorgeous golden Lioness named "Hester." The act was the same regardless of the animal. He'd do his best snarling angry act and the animal would do one right back at him. Then the two of them would seem to engage in an epic unarmed struggle and Chooly would always come out the winner. Of course, the animals were well trained and the whole thing was just "Playtime" for them, but from time to time the danger was real. After all, animals are only SO predictable. One night, there was something strange in the air. Chooly should have noticed it and cancelled the show, but he didn't. Hester was really riled up and a couple times during the performance, he thought she might actually have been fighting for real. He got a little frightened and tightened a hold he used all the time a bit too much. He felt something snap inside the lions neck and he knew something had gone horribly wrong. Within the hour, she was dead, and he was devastated.

No longer trusting in his ability to responsibly wrestle large animals anymore, for the last two years, he's been perfecting a comedy/dog training act with about 25 dogs, each doing tricks in a choreographed order. He still plays the "Great Tamer of Mighty Beasts" character, although, now its a bit sillier. More tongue in cheek, as it were, what with him being constantly "assaulted" and made to look foolish by all variety of small dogs. It's one of the few kid friendly shows in the carnival, and as such, has been drawing really good attendance and making pretty good money for the park. Much to Chooly's suprise, it turns out he's actually pretty funny.

He travels with the entire pack of dogs in his van, so he always smells like dog and he's always sniffling due to his minor allergy to most animal fur, including dog. Most times, he's got at least 4-5 dogs with him.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #389 on: <09-30-14/1421:47> »
Ok, an oops on the maths...I was indeed reading (very quickly) the bit on reagants in the core book, I've got the other two books but have in no way studied them...

Let's assume he's asking for 50K nuyen worth of Orichalcum/refined radicals etc (I knew I shouldn't have been so specific  ::))...it would be fair enough to point out he doesn't actually expect you to pay that much, but it doesn't hurt to ask!  He's very much taking a punt and the two faces can read that all over him!  He's also pissed about the bikes which isn't helping his opening salvo...

I'll edit the IC a tad...