NEWS

Almanac entries

• 3 Replies

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« on: <02-05-19/0452:12> »
Reading the Sixth World Almanac there’s an occasional entry saying something like “...was believed to have been performed by a team of Shadowrunners.”

Does that mean it relates to an official adventure or mission, something the players did, or is it just history fluff?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-05-19/1005:42> »
In some cases, like Better than Bad discussing alleged shadowrunner involvement in Chicago events it absolutely is referencing missions you can play (or perhaps did already play!).

However I'm also sure that not every rumor of shadowrunners being involved in/responsible for storyline events is a horse of that same color.  Sometimes the lore is simply reinforcing the relevance that shadowrunners have in this setting that's named after them.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-05-19/1123:28> »
Also, as I understand it, every published adventure (especially the earlier ones) actually happens (at least in broad strokes, end results may vary, etc) in the metaplot, attributed to "some shadowrunners."

Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« Reply #3 on: <02-05-19/1351:01> »
In some cases, like Better than Bad discussing alleged shadowrunner involvement in Chicago events it absolutely is referencing missions you can play (or perhaps did already play!).

However I'm also sure that not every rumor of shadowrunners being involved in/responsible for storyline events is a horse of that same color.  Sometimes the lore is simply reinforcing the relevance that shadowrunners have in this setting that's named after them.

Yeah, that makes sense. Rumors are rumors after all.