NEWS

Razorgirl (Now with 87% more Prime Runner)

• 41 Replies

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <08-14-14/2158:04> »
Just wanted to chime in on the awesome background... it is one of the best that I have read!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <08-14-14/2214:09> »
Thank you. Although RPing her torqued-off some of our sensitive players. I have a tendency to get into my characters, and she's a bitch.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #32 on: <08-14-14/2223:20> »
Thank you. Although RPing her torqued-off some of our sensitive players. I have a tendency to get into my characters, and she's a bitch.

I've seen you take your beef about that to two separate threads now when the individuals in question were nothing but polite and straight forward to you, and they certainly left the incident in the thread in which it belonged. So much for agreeing to disagree, I guess.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <08-14-14/2229:15> »

I've seen you take your beef about that to two separate threads now when the individuals in question were nothing but polite and straight forward to you, and they certainly left the incident in the thread in which it belonged. So much for agreeing to disagree, I guess.

::)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #34 on: <08-15-14/0129:50> »
As a note, you should choose a different city to place her childhood in - Bogota up until the recent full-bore war with Amazonia was a 'free city', and though you'd probably find Aztlan/Aztechnology special ops working there, I really don't think his family would be there.  They'd probably be in Tenochtitlan - which still would serve your background well enough, because there is still massive abject poverty there and insanely bad parts of town, too.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <08-15-14/0203:16> »
Just wanted to chime in on the awesome background... it is one of the best that I have read!
So self-loathing, misterious, dark and edgy teen-abuse victim with PTSD is something that you rarely see? I really envy you.
Sorry for an offtopic post.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <08-15-14/0629:09> »
As a note, you should choose a different city to place her childhood in - Bogota up until the recent full-bore war with Amazonia was a 'free city', and though you'd probably find Aztlan/Aztechnology special ops working there, I really don't think his family would be there.  They'd probably be in Tenochtitlan - which still would serve your background well enough, because there is still massive abject poverty there and insanely bad parts of town, too.
Would it be possible that he met his wife there while stationed/deployed, and had a child, and he himself wasn't Colombian?

TBH, I only chose Bogota because I have some first-hand knowledge of it as opposed to Mexico City.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #37 on: <08-15-14/0759:27> »
Possible?  Yes, remotely.  If he was a mole, entirely possible, but he clearly wasn't - he was the Aztlan equivalent to a Navy SEAL or an Army Ranger - and when you're outside of the country in a city which is antagonistic to your nation, you aren't out there to schmooze some bint and make beautiful babies with her.  You save that for when you can actually relax and not worry about whether or not the girl is going to stick a shiv into your brain by way of your ear canal because you're from Aztlan and she's from a contested city.  Instead, when you're there, you're on an operation, and screwing around (literally) will get you six in the stockade for dereliction of duty.  Or, y'know, just shot.

Take a look at Bogota's Shadowrun background in 'War!'  Consider selecting a different city - doesn't have to be Tenochtitlan, could be somewhere else, even somewhere in South America - Venezuela, perhaps - but it probably isn't going to be the equivalent of a US Marine picking up a wife in Fallujah today, you know?  Honestly, it's only the city that should be changed; any city inside Aztlan (and outside of the Yucatan) would do.

Also, revisit the money source on the implants.  A comfortable lifestyle is 1k-2k per month, perhaps up to 5k; considering he has a wife and daughter, at least one of which is requiring steady physical and psychiatric care, whatever money he makes as a Company Man (because by the reading, that's pretty much what he becomes) is going to get eaten by that.

Instead, reconsider what the girl actually is - highly troubled, angry, hating her own body's weakness.  With her father an Aztechnology agent, and herself in an Aztechnology school (even if they probably told her to 'keep those claws sheathed, young lady!!'), she turns 15 in 2066 and gets the hand-razors, moves to Tenochtitlan, and her mother kills herself only 2 years later - 2068.  She's had direct corporate programming during those two years, and these are just the sort of people to nurse and direct that sort of hatred and self-loathing.  "Yes, the weakness of flesh is terrible.  It's too bad you can't afford to replace it with something more durable, like the agents in the AZT hit series 'Cyborg College' do ... did you know that that's based off real case-studies of members in our Advanced Cybertechnology Replacement Studies Group?  Mmm, too bad you have to get your parents' permission to join that.  Or, you know, be seventeen ..."

In other words, why wait five years for Daddy to die?  Join up, go under the knife, start doing work for the corp.

Then Daddy dies.  And something seems weird about it or something, and you start poking into it on and off for a year or two, until you find something you're not supposed to, and in a week of shocks, betrayal, and violence you break from the company, go underground, and flee for somewhere else - somewhere where you can still hunt the wo/man responsible for your father's death, a place otherwise known as Seattle.

You aren't really 'out for yourself' - you just have an overriding goal, and other runners are only a means to that end.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <08-15-14/0830:22> »
Wow, very good points. You've given a lot of good stuff to think about. Much appreciated!

Hmm...I've been to Panama too....  What's the skinny on the canal there?  The SR map I found it showed it as administrated by the corporate council?

Eta:http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Panama
« Last Edit: <08-15-14/1044:22> by Lusis »

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <08-16-14/0940:27> »
How's this?

Luz was Born in 2051 in Medellin, Colombia to a Cuachicqueh Capitán Salvatore “Arco” Pagán and his wife, Marisol Pagan de Reyes.
Marisol was unable to conceive for years prior. Finally, the couple was offered a chance to be involved in a test program with special assistance from Aztechnology, she became pregnant with Luz. In exchange, Salvatore agreed to be tested as part of of a new genetics program, well as agreeing to join the corporation once his duties were completed with the Aztlan military.

However, Luz was born with a form of gonadal dysgenesis (mosaic Turner’s Syndrome), in which she exhibited several of the symptoms. The Pagáns appealed to Aztechnology, who conducted gene therapy to relieve many of the defects. As a result, Salvatore moved his family to Tenochtitlán so Luz can be closer to treatment.

Despite her disadvantages, her father still impressed upon her with the concepts of strength, self-reliance, and resourcefulness; while discouraging the pitfalls of weakness, dependence, and letting her disabilities dictate her role in life. Every day when her father was not out on missions, he would occasionally instruct her on weapons training and tactics. She was always impressed with the augmentations that the military of Aztlan bought him in his career. 

On November 2, 2064, Luz and her mother were travelling through a section of the capital when the Matrix died. Unable to contact anyone, and surrounded by violence, they were taken in by Señor Zaca, a man who promised help. But the man, along with accomplices, ended up kidnapping the women and abusing them. Eventually Luz's father located the women via an RFID implant, but by then the women were badly beaten. Luz was forever affected by her physical inability to handle the situation. In the end, Luz pulled the trigger on Zaca. Neither woman fully recovered from her injuries.

On Luz's Quinceañera, her father bought her a set of hand razors.

In late 2066, Coronel Arco Pagán left the military and began formal work in some of Aztechnologies’ darker operations. To Luz, what her father was doing is a mystery, but the mutual bond both shared in her childhood was broken. Had Luz not been born with her disability (and a male), she would have received “special education” in preparation for continuing her father’s legacy in the Guerreros at the Aztlan enlistment age of 15. The emotional toll of this, along with her father’s long absences working for the company, leads Luz to exhibit behavioral problems that prompt corporate managers at the facility to urge Arco to move his daughter to a home outside of the property. 

In 2069, Luz’s mother, still struggling from her physical and mental scars from the ordeal during the Crash, loses her battle with depression and commits suicide. Luz becomes combative with her father and enters her own depressive state.

Seeing that she would never live a normal life, and fearing that Luz may suffer the same fate as her mother, Señor Pagán suggests she enroll in a cyber-replacement program for a Aztechnology subsidiary. There she met Doctor Arturo Yamada, and undergoes extensive cyber-replacement surgery over the following months, in exchange for “undisclosed services to be provided” to Aztech and its subsidiaries.

Luz is introduced to the shadows by her father, and the two bond briefly. After Aztlan declares war on Amazonia in 2072, he is sent back to Colombia as an advisor and refuses to let Luz come. Luz is furious and walks out. She continues work for Aztechnology as an operative, but is labeled a disciplinary problem after failing to obey orders from a senior on a run. She then begins freelance work outside of the corporation’s oversight.

In 2073. Luz is approached by a company woman for another small “subsidiary”, who provides files that claim Aztechnology was conducting early genetic experiments on embryos prior to embryo transfer into the mother’s womb years before the “Family Planning Support” program was enacted in 2055. In this, Luz was the subject of genetic experimentation prior to being implanted in her mother, resulting in her Turner’s Syndrome. Furthermore, Capitán Pagán’s DNA was used to genetically enhance other embryos prior to implantation.

The woman’s leaking of classified material was discovered by Aztechnology’s Human Resources Security. Luz was confronted and ordered to contact and assassinate the leak, and she readily complies. Aztech, reviewing her disciplinary issues, yet loyalty, agrees to downgrade her SIN and cut her loose to pursue semi-freelance work outside of Aztlan borders.

In 2074, she moves to the UCAS, where she hopes to take advantage of the lucrative contracts available for those who have been hardened by the ideals of civilized societies. However, Aztechnology is unlikely to let their investment roam too far.

If I use this background I will replace her Addiction and Weak Immune System Qualities with Corporate Limited SIN (under the name Luz Pagán del Reyes).
« Last Edit: <08-16-14/1655:33> by Lusis »

Fenrir

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <10-12-14/0748:39> »
Hand Razors, Salvatte Guardian.....

Wait a minute is this supposed to be based of Glory from Dragonfall?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-12-14/1839:00> »
Lol no. Glory is only arms and wires. Luz is everything but chest and [most of her] head.