• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <08-18-21/1808:14> »
Couldn't help myself and read the conclusion. :o And I like how they built in 'this is how it goes if your players reach a different ending', because if I ever run this, chances are I'll need it with my players. Seriously, they ALWAYS break the official runs.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-21/1843:36> »
Part of me wishes they’d focused on crunch rather than another campaign setting but I dare say I will pick this up in the morning :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-19-21/1006:19> »
I skipped the Barcelona setting info, but read the intro adventures and the conclusion adventures so far.  I think the one-chapter-one-session format is decent, but it's still not a well organized book.  The Introduction gives us some helpful information but there should be an entire chapter on how to use the book.  Even though there is a blurb at the end summarizing the behind the scenes plot, this book is missing a synopsis.  You need to read the entire book to understand the structure of the campaign and the major beats of the plot, and that's about 100 pages.

Like 30 Nights, the timeline of this campaign seems to be around a month of in game time and if you played the whole book it would take your group the better part of a year.  So, like 30 Nights, there doesn't seem to be any breathing room where you could take advancements and stuff.

My other big gripe is that there is no denouement, we hit the climax and the book ends.  There isn't even so much as a getaway scene.  No word on where the blame falls, no ramifications for the PCs, no reactions or movements by the big players.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <08-19-21/1311:57> »
I skipped the Barcelona setting info, but read the intro adventures and the conclusion adventures so far.  I think the one-chapter-one-session format is decent, but it's still not a well organized book.  The Introduction gives us some helpful information but there should be an entire chapter on how to use the book.  Even though there is a blurb at the end summarizing the behind the scenes plot, this book is missing a synopsis.  You need to read the entire book to understand the structure of the campaign and the major beats of the plot, and that's about 100 pages.

Like 30 Nights, the timeline of this campaign seems to be around a month of in game time and if you played the whole book it would take your group the better part of a year.  So, like 30 Nights, there doesn't seem to be any breathing room where you could take advancements and stuff.

My other big gripe is that there is no denouement, we hit the climax and the book ends.  There isn't even so much as a getaway scene.  No word on where the blame falls, no ramifications for the PCs, no reactions or movements by the big players.
If every chapter is one 4-6 hour session, you should be able to pull it off in just about 8 months. Shorter or less frequent sessions (I'm on a bimonthly schedule with my current group), definitely over a year.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-21/0651:32> »
I wish I had that dedication but I'd consider myself lucky if I can get a group together once a month once things get back to normal. *cries* I might steal some things for open events, though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-21-21/1146:03> »
For those who’ve read it, how easy would it be to port to a different city (I’m thinking London) without breaking anything!?! I like to be roughly in line with canon but I also prefer to ‘know’ a city and language a little better and my Spanish is non existent  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-22-21/1102:27> »
I'm not done reading and creating an outline of the adventure structure, but for now I would say Yes, you probably can transfer this adventure to another location.  Some of the subplots involve themes that are not appropriate to London but so far I think they're skippable.