NEWS

GenCon 2013

• 69 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <08-12-13/1346:28> »
I don't think that I will ever need 16 dice without lots of positive modifiers.  However, my question is answered.  It's BYOD, so I'd better find somewhere to pack some dice on my trip.  (I've never brought dice to GENCON before.)

You could just buy some dice AT gencon. I know in the past there have been some fairly interesting specialty dice available for some games.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <08-12-13/1801:04> »
I have more than enough dice.  Getting more is the bottom of my to do list at GENCON.

I was mostly hoping to cut weight for travel, since I'm packing 3 days of stuff into 1 backpack.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <08-13-13/2257:36> »
See y'all in Indy.  I'll be playing Montag (Human Mystic Adept/Cheese Monkey) or Spatter (Troll Sam - Heavy Weapons/Blade Melee). 
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <08-13-13/2339:33> »
See y'all in Indy.  I'll be playing Montag (Human Mystic Adept/Cheese Monkey) or Spatter (Troll Sam - Heavy Weapons/Blade Melee).

At least with the new Mystic Adept rules, it's only light cheese now.  I was imaging tables full of cheese monkeys (including me).

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <08-14-13/0235:02> »
Many of the GMs (myself included) bring boatloads of dice so you don't have to! If packing dice is troublesome, you'll certainly be able to find some as needed. That said, sometimes you might have to hunt them down for a few minutes...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #65 on: <08-14-13/0517:12> »
Make sure to hunt them down with a Rating 6 bow at most, keeping availability rules in mind.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <08-14-13/0943:21> »

At least with the new Mystic Adept rules, it's only light cheese now.  I was imaging tables full of cheese monkeys (including me).

Agreed.  The new rules really help balance the Mystic Adept.  Heh, I figured Gen Con was going to be MysticAdeptRun.  I was actually going to try and find a t-shirt that said "Cheese Monkey". :)
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <08-14-13/1116:55> »
All the Shadowrun events are in the miniatures hall again this year, which is kind of annoying (but also kind of useful).  We're supposed to be in one corner though, so hopefully that will help a little with sound issues.

The Mini's Hall is in the main convention center area.  So 5-10 minutes tops, depending on crowds and stuff.

I don't know exactly where we'll be in the halls yet, but we should have plenty of signage and stuff to make it easy to find.

Since things are set up today, I'm wondering if we know a hall number or room number at this point?  (Want to make sure in case I'm on a dead sprint to the hall on Friday to get to my first session.)

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <08-14-13/1118:15> »

Agreed.  The new rules really help balance the Mystic Adept.  Heh, I figured Gen Con was going to be MysticAdeptRun.  I was actually going to try and find a t-shirt that said "Cheese Monkey". :)

Until the Mystic Adept changes, I'd have made an argument that that should count as a Shadowrun shirt for NERPS if you were also playing a mystic adept.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #69 on: <08-15-13/1547:25> »
All the Shadowrun events are in the miniatures hall again this year, which is kind of annoying (but also kind of useful).  We're supposed to be in one corner though, so hopefully that will help a little with sound issues.

The Mini's Hall is in the main convention center area.  So 5-10 minutes tops, depending on crowds and stuff.

I don't know exactly where we'll be in the halls yet, but we should have plenty of signage and stuff to make it easy to find.

Since things are set up today, I'm wondering if we know a hall number or room number at this point?  (Want to make sure in case I'm on a dead sprint to the hall on Friday to get to my first session.)

Right by the entrance to Hall C, we have the entire front Quarter of the hall.