NEWS

Is any one else slightly annoyed that 5E is coming out AND is crazy expensive?

• 97 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <07-04-13/1957:37> »
I do. I play a small variety of RPGs. Being able to drop most of my gaming library onto my tablet makes for easy transport.

Very nice. But I'm the opposite. I hate reading on tablets and kindles and such. I like paper books. Its can be a  pain, but I enjoy leafing through books.

I am the same. I prefer Dead Tree to Electronic...however, you know, sometimes it is just more efficient to have everything in electronic, as, well...sometimes you are carrying ALOT of books.

I like hard copy books and all, but I tend to get mainly PDFs because they tend to not cost as much.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #91 on: <07-04-13/2152:43> »
Ok well let me ask: What do folks use to read PDF's?

Mad Hamish

• Chummer
« Reply #92 on: <07-04-13/2154:22> »
I've got a very cheap tablet which I use sometimes (at some stage I'll be ugrading to an iPad)
A lot of the time I just have them on a laptop computer.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #93 on: <07-05-13/0014:39> »
Laptop I have at my side behind the GM screen.  I also post quotes, so it helps for that.

I'd love to try a tablet someday.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #94 on: <07-05-13/0149:35> »
I use a Kindle Fire, and dig it just fine.  Last year it's all I took to GenCon, in fact (figured I'd give it a shot and see how much space I could save), and it worked just fine!  I was good to go all con, and had a great time.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <07-05-13/0607:44> »
iPad... But I had a lot of problems with iBooks, not accepting some files and occasionally deleting loaded files, so I shelled out about AUS$7 and downloaded good reader and never use iBooks for anything other than epubs.... The other bonus of good reader is that if it doesn't support the file format for a file but you have a app that can support that file format it allows you to import it without needing to have your iPad connected to a computer.
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <07-05-13/0825:59> »
I mostly use my desktop computer, for extended reading i turn my secondary monitor to portrait mode(it's pretty awesome for reading stuff)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <07-05-13/1103:45> »
SR is probably the only system where get both PDF and print copies, though the print versions see a lot less use than the PDFs on my iPad.