NEWS

沒treet Sam anti-hacking

• 15 Replies

SunRunner

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-17-12/2319:45> »
Alot of how much you need to worry about it depends on how much your GM cares to mess with you. Most GMs should not mess with you too hard most of the time but every once in a while it can come up. Especially if you make it easy. Its mostly about making it hard enough that its not gonna happen in combat. Reality is my Rigger/Hacker can Hack a rating 6 firewall in less then 1 combat turn and with the mute option on my stealth complex form it means I can burn through you fire wall and shut your system off/ do alot of other nasty things before you even know I am there even with a R6 agent / ICE active in your com link. Heck all I have to do is get in the node and then I can let my Paladin sprites eat the ICE alive as it is. Hacking comes down to time, with enough time any system can be hacked. Its why anything the corps really want to keep secret is all done in Offline isolated systems where they either have 0 contact with the out side or everything is hand carried in/out or burst transmitted out at random times so the window is only open for a few minuets at best and you can have every agent / ICE program in the system hot and ready to go along with all the corp net work security hackers active as well looking for any breaches.