NEWS

[SR5] Time to Rock

• 8 Replies

T-Hatchet

• Chummer
« on: <08-28-13/1346:55> »
Can anyone recommenced how I should stat a fully rigged bass guitar for the party's Rigger's day job?
As this Shadowrun team will have a "day job" as an elf rock band I am trying to sort out instrument stats for them all. I am certain the party shaman will be initiating so that there centering activity is power riffs on his electric guitar.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-28-13/1350:51> »
It depends on what you mean by fully rigged. My first instinct is to assume that the Bass Player would still be playing the guitar manually and using the rig interface to add effects, clean output and enhance the performance. For that I'd probably adopt something like the Smartlink Bonus of +2 Dice and +2 Limit.

For fully remote operation I suppose you could adopt the Drone Rules and the Ares Duelist Anthroform Drones (Presumably with a Rock Out! autosoft).

T-Hatchet

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-28-13/1405:32> »
Before Crunch's post I would have said it was to enhance the rigger/Bassist's performance on stage as part of a mixed rigged/manual performance (as was hinted at in the Rigger chapter.
Now I am pondering the possibility of the Rigger playing remotely jumped-in to  said anthro drone.  :)

Along with the Rigger Bassist there will be a physical adept singer, Shaman lead guitar and Hacker (technomancer) keyboardist (playing via AR or VR using the control device matrix action)

Any ideas for price guidelines for such instruments?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-28-13/1409:43> »
May I recommend running by Guitar Center's website, seeing what a mid to high level electronic instrument costs now and then applying the Rigging modifier form the vehicle rules?

T-Hatchet

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <08-28-13/1421:49> »
I have no idea how to convert prices in US Dollars or GB Pounds to SR Nuyen.
Can you help with some guidelines for pricing in Nuyen?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-28-13/1424:27> »
I have no idea how to convert prices in US Dollars or GB Pounds to SR Nuyen.
Can you help with some guidelines for pricing in Nuyen?

Do what the first edition writers did. Just convert them 1 to 1.

T-Hatchet

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <08-28-13/1432:59> »
Thanks I had not picked up on that conversation ratio in my reading.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-28-13/1434:07> »
For the most part the stuff in the 1E books was just dollar priced with "nuyen" slapped on cosmetically. That's changed, but it still tends to result in realistic sounding prices. :)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-28-13/1434:46> »
500 Nuyen for an Artisan's Kit will cover it until something more official comes around. :)