NEWS

South America?

• 10 Replies

street.mage

• Newb
« on: <08-13-13/2302:21> »
I know there hasn't been a book specifically on South America.  (At least I don't think so...)  The old Aztechnology book helps a bit with Mexico and some Central America (if I recall), and of course there's the horrid WAR! book with a myriad of typographical errors, which has never really appealed to me.

What I'm looking for, specifically, is Chile and Argentina.  Has there been anything come out for these countries?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-13-13/2322:08> »
Not outside of whatever is in Sixth World Almanac. There's an entry for Argentina and whatever random references appear in the rest of the book.

Oh. There's a description in SOTA63 of an exclusive mercenaries' country club resort in Argentina.
« Last Edit: <08-13-13/2327:20> by Crimsondude »

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-13-13/2324:21> »
While there is significant focus on South America, namely the war down there, the countries covered are Aztlan and Amazonia. Is there something specific you are looking for (like a Seattle 2072 sourcebook level or detail) or just want a general update (Sixth World Almanac 204, Argentina)?
P A L L A D I O N

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-14-13/0717:44> »
there is a fan made book project made in dumpshock name shadows of latin america that may be useful to you

Argentina
https://app.box.com/shared/iaz12cuqxg

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31114 chile is in there but i think you have to download the whole thing

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-14-13/1034:00> »
Thanks for the replies, i need to check out the dumpshock info. I have the almanac, so i can check it later too. I'm wanting info on these areas for a smuggling route described in 3rd edition shadows of europe, under Spain's  section for the azzies. It discusses that they smuggle weapins to Aztlan,  and a current item my grou will be after will accompany some weapons smuggled through south america if the group doesn't  catch it beforehand. I was hoping to have something handy in case things didn't  go as planned for the group.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-14-13/1215:07> »
Well, the fact that Aztechnology bought Dassault after SoE probably affected their European-American transactions rather significantly.

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-14-13/1246:24> »
Well, the fact that Aztechnology bought Dassault after SoE probably affected their European-American transactions rather significantly.

Sorry, SoE? I'm probably aware of it, but the abbreviation isn't  ringing any bells.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #7 on: <08-14-13/1316:40> »
From the context, I'm guessing Shadows of Europe?
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-14-13/1732:04> »
Yes. Shadows of Europe.

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant Esprit, which was purchased by Dassault. Aztechnology always owned Dassault.

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-14-13/1943:09> »
That dumpshock link was awesome!  Totally didn't know it existed.  Thank you much.  It should suffice fine to get me enough info in case my players miss the item they are after.

@Crimsondude:  For all of my research, I've found that Dassault is a Saint Cloud, France military base.  So these guys purchased Esprit Industries, a French defense industry.  P 155 of SoE, a Jackpoint user named Jong says, "The Azzies also produce weapons.  They've cut a deal with the Spanish Government, which sends them on to Argentine (which I assume is Argentina) rebels so they can't be tracked back to Aztechnology.  Amazonia has traced the pipeline back, though, and they're fielding teams to sabotage the shipments."  I'm not sure what Dassault has to do with Argentina?  Can you elaborate, or was that misunderstood because I didn't detail the reason better?

There may be a misunderstanding of what I'm trying to do.  My group is after an artifact, similar to the Dawn of the Artifacts series - not quite, but close enough without going into a page of detail.  The Azzies are after the item too.  The characters don't know that...yet.  Azzies have some deniable assets (about forgot the "t" lol) that have obtained the item, and are directed to use this weapons shipping to smuggle the artifact back to South America without it being noticed.  The characters will have to get the item from the Azzie hired Shadowrunners.  This is 4th edition (I have the 5E PDF, but we started like 5 days after it was available, so we didn't really have time to read all the rules), and I haven't specified the time frame regarding the Amazonia/Atlan war, year, or anything.  We've only played a couple of games and the characters know it is the 2070's, but that's really it.  For added lulz, I'll probably set it in the time of the height of the war, just to give my group something else to sweat over.  I'm getting ahead of myself here.  If they stop the Azzies before it's shipped to Argentina, they will have no reason to even go to South America.  I just wanted something to have "in case."

Thanks again everyone!  It's appreciated.

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-14-13/2223:10> »
That dumpshock link was awesome!  Totally didn't know it existed.  Thank you much.  It should suffice fine to get me enough info in case my players miss the item they are after.

@Crimsondude:  For all of my research, I've found that Dassault is a Saint Cloud, France military base.  So these guys purchased Esprit Industries, a French defense industry.  P 155 of SoE, a Jackpoint user named Jong says, "The Azzies also produce weapons.  They've cut a deal with the Spanish Government, which sends them on to Argentine (which I assume is Argentina) rebels so they can't be tracked back to Aztechnology.  Amazonia has traced the pipeline back, though, and they're fielding teams to sabotage the shipments."  I'm not sure what Dassault has to do with Argentina?  Can you elaborate, or was that misunderstood because I didn't detail the reason better?

There may be a misunderstanding of what I'm trying to do.  My group is after an artifact, similar to the Dawn of the Artifacts series - not quite, but close enough without going into a page of detail.  The Azzies are after the item too.  The characters don't know that...yet.  Azzies have some deniable assets (about forgot the "t" lol) that have obtained the item, and are directed to use this weapons shipping to smuggle the artifact back to South America without it being noticed.  The characters will have to get the item from the Azzie hired Shadowrunners.  This is 4th edition (I have the 5E PDF, but we started like 5 days after it was available, so we didn't really have time to read all the rules), and I haven't specified the time frame regarding the Amazonia/Atlan war, year, or anything.  We've only played a couple of games and the characters know it is the 2070's, but that's really it.  For added lulz, I'll probably set it in the time of the height of the war, just to give my group something else to sweat over.  I'm getting ahead of myself here.  If they stop the Azzies before it's shipped to Argentina, they will have no reason to even go to South America.  I just wanted something to have "in case."

Thanks again everyone!  It's appreciated.

if you want to really make them sweat throw them a couple of Cyber-gauchos  ;D

A friend in a prevous game throw us some Cyber-gauchos (the argentinian version of the Street samurai) is was a very augmented guy (not thin, sleak cyberware but more like putting troll size cyber on humans) with monofilament bolas (page 40 of Arsenal)