NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #90 on: <09-11-14/1757:37> »
There you go, Jack. Welcome welcome.

8-bit - since you ask - I wouldn't change a thing. Things moving along great, thanks for keeping the momentum going. Easiest way for a PbP to die is for no one to step up and make things happen.

Yeah, I figured it was fine as it was. Someone's gotta step up (at least IC) or stuff just drags. I've seen many a game die because of that. And besides, it should be fun playing the completely asocial guy as the leader who is giving orders simply because he stepped up first.

P.S. Three dwarves on the crew, it's like a little people convention up in here.

Yup, and then you get a tall elf, a really tall human woman, and a troll. We could create our own circus.
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/1800:16> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #91 on: <09-11-14/1807:08> »
@CT

Yeah, I think it's fine. Alternately, if someone with a bit more IC leadership wants to step in, there's no reason why they couldn't IC assume that position. I think we just need to figure out a pacing that works for the majority and it will take a little bit of time to figure that out. It also might help to know what time zones everyone is in, I don't think we want to push things along too far if someone's asleep and unable to contribute. It's definitely a tough balancing proposition at the start when you want to get everything moving, probably even more so with the nature of the persistent worlds games, but I bet we can do it.

I'm in US Central TZ and have a job where I can sneak posts throughout the day and evening.
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/1823:55> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #92 on: <09-11-14/1811:51> »
im on GMT (BST at the moment technically) have plenty of opportunity to post during the day unless driving.
Morgan isn't a natural frontman by the terms of his charsheet but if we don't have a face i'm happy to help
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <09-11-14/1827:15> »
@CT

I'm PDT (I really hate DST) and also have a job that allows me the luxury of posting durring the day.  Actually harder to do when I'm home  :P

As for a leader of the group, I've no problem with an asocial char leading the group, I think it makes for great RP.  Bittorrent is actually a Troll Face/Technomancer (talk about gimped concept!).  Obviously not going to be rolling 20ish dice for these things, but hes in the mid-teens for most of them.  He's got a strong enough personality that I could have him make moves to take the lead, but he's also comfortable just being the face/matrix for the team.  Guess I'm saying I'm happy with Ghost running the show :)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #94 on: <09-11-14/1832:36> »
@CT

Adamu: Sorry, I may have misinterpreted what Al was doing at the end. Did he climb down the ladder, enter the caboose, and brace himself in a firing position or did he get on the ladder and brace against it, aiming at the Wasp. Just trying to figure out if Harrier would make it to the caboose unmolested or if he and Al would need to interact first. I was going with the latter in the interest of moving things along but would be happy to edit it if you want to interact on the roof of the caboose.

(Caboose is a funny word)

P.S. Three dwarves on the crew, it's like a little people convention up in here.

Al is on the outside, covering the newcomer with his shotgun.
But no worries at all at all at all.

Wasn't necessarily seeking to interact, just to do what Al would do!

He is pretty laid back - the way you came in, he just let you go down, and will follow in after, assuming your drones have security for our pow wow covered.

Echo on the dwarf squad - usually don't get even one on a team.

And I am in London, whatever time zone that means. Most of my posting in the evenings (now-ish) and on Saturdays.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <09-11-14/1837:55> »
@CT

Cool, I'm going to edit my post a little bit to account for that. The drones can cover security for the moment if you want to come down.
« Last Edit: <09-12-14/2335:40> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #96 on: <09-11-14/1847:00> »
@CT

I'm on EDT, and I usually can post more than once a day. I have quite a bit of free time during the evenings, although some days I might not post at all due to schoolwork.

I am slightly hesitant to do another IC post (I love PbP btw, I can't stop posting if I get the chance), since I want others to have some say in this whole meeting thing. I was going to send someone up top, or possibly myself to confront Jack for credentials and then calm down when Morgan or Bittorent confirm them, but it looks llike we have, what, 3 others who haven't posted anything yet? I'm assuming their busy and are on different time zones.

Eh, you know what. I guess I will do a post. Hopefully everyone is good on that and we don't have to retcon anything in.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #97 on: <09-11-14/1858:39> »
Yeah, once we finish this meeting my next step is gonna be to inspect their node and all of its marks.
I'll probably wipe the lot and re-issue new ones to staff after a face to face meeting. Should get rid of any historical loop-holes and old non-disabled accounts.
Drones as part of a sensor net sounds good. I reckon one 300yds ahead, one 300yds behind the convoy and the others covering the flanks?
Make use of our air cover and run hourly scouting flights ahead and patrol routes on each flank?
I assume our pilot has good technical skills? If so, I think we're gonna need some help wiring in the physical security measures too
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #98 on: <09-11-14/1911:09> »
@CT

I am slightly hesitant to do another IC post (I love PbP btw, I can't stop posting if I get the chance), since I want others to have some say in this whole meeting thing….

Eh, you know what. I guess I will do a post. Hopefully everyone is good on that and we don't have to retcon anything in.

Dude, the way I see it is, no matter how much you post, you in no way stop other people from posting as much as they want to post.
Obviously there has to be some turn-taking in action scenes, but people sitting around talking - go for it!

adamu

« Reply #99 on: <09-11-14/1911:57> »
@Aria - I made all my rolls.

Edited them into the post you already have me linked to on the roster.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <09-11-14/1915:55> »
@CT
I am slightly hesitant to do another IC post (I love PbP btw, I can't stop posting if I get the chance), since I want others to have some say in this whole meeting thing. I was going to send someone up top, or possibly myself to confront Jack for credentials and then calm down when Morgan or Bittorent confirm them, but it looks llike we have, what, 3 others who haven't posted anything yet? I'm assuming their busy and are on different time zones.

Dude, post away!  IMHO, Aria should be the one throttling posts as we get 2kĄ and 1karma every 2 posts.  (Quick advancement for those that are talky!)

I'll have BT respond to you IC.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #101 on: <09-11-14/1940:43> »
@CT
Dude, post away!  IMHO, Aria should be the one throttling posts as we get 2kĄ and 1karma every 2 posts.  (Quick advancement for those that are talky!)

I'll have BT respond to you IC.

I wasn't thinking about those rewards (although, they are a nice bonus); I was more concerned about certain people who haven't posted as much (Lusis, Ericen, and Carathas) would get kind of blown away and not have much input in what, in my mind, is a rather important meeting. Not hard to retcon or do through Matrix messaging though. In IRL groups, I know people who are not big into roleplaying, so they don't talk as much, and others who talk a lot, but in PbP, it is nice to have everyone participate. Then again, maybe I'm being naive with this being my first PbP and being slightly uncomfortable (which is good, because it makes it fun doing the roleplaying). Enough people are active here that I think it doesn't matter as much.

@CT

Unless we are having more roleplaying in our meeting, I would say it's pretty well concluded. If we continue, I'll just strike through this section of my post and then do rolls and such in another post.

Yeah, once we finish this meeting my next step is gonna be to inspect their node and all of its marks.
I'll probably wipe the lot and re-issue new ones to staff after a face to face meeting. Should get rid of any historical loop-holes and old non-disabled accounts.
Drones as part of a sensor net sounds good. I reckon one 300yds ahead, one 300yds behind the convoy and the others covering the flanks?
Make use of our air cover and run hourly scouting flights ahead and patrol routes on each flank?
I assume our pilot has good technical skills? If so, I think we're gonna need some help wiring in the physical security measures too

Nodes aren't a thing in SR5, but I understand what you mean. All that sounds good. On the piloting, that will depend on how far Harrier can stretch himself with his drones. Otherwise, I don't see a problem, but as I said in the IC post:

Quote from: 8-bit
Anything you need with technical applications, I'm not the one to talk to. Those two would be better suited to answer your questions. Ghost motions in Morgan and Bittorent's direction.

I kind of shoved that off on you and Zweiblumen, but I think from a character perspective it makes sense and I'm sure you can handle it.

@Aria

I want to contact Torrent. I assume I have his commcode. However, my speech is not going to be eloquent, nor is it going to be polite. I'm gonna straight up tell him that if he doesn't want any frag-ups, he needs to give us some damn information about what the hell we are protecting against, and whom we are protecting (might get that from Oblique, but we'll see). Do you want me to roll something, or just roleplay it through? I sure as hell am going to fail any Social check, but I'm not really intimidating him, as I want his cooperation to go smoothly. My character just doesn't have social graces that would lead to a polite conversation, so my requests are going to be that. Requests, aka demands, since I haven't the slightest idea how the hell to get to the subject in a polite manner (or at least, my character doesn't).
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/1946:17> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <09-11-14/2006:58> »
Quote from: csjarrat
Depends on the skill checks. I've got Electronics Skill Group (5) and EW/Sensor Operation (6), so possibly? I only have Aeronautic Mechanic, so if it's any kind of mechanical B&R, I'm all thumbs.

Quote from: 8-bit
On the piloting, that will depend on how far Harrier can stretch himself with his drones.
Aria and I spoke a little off-line about fuel for the helo, but didn't really touch on the drones. I guess that will ultimately be a function of noise. I imagine I could probably deal with at least up to a kilometer or so, if I want to run most of the Autosoft. Or whatever makes sense to Aria. Given the relatively short distance we have to cross, being able to have a wide surveillance net may be a little unbalancing.

As far as the posting rate, while I brought it up, I think we're just going to have to wait for Aria to weight in on it.

ETA: Aside from specific threats that we might not yet have information about, does anyone have area knowledge skills that might be applicable to figuring out what general threats we might be facing in the Puyallup Barrens? Gangs, Toxic Spirits, Crazy Mages, Critters, etc?
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/2048:15> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <09-11-14/2053:20> »
Sorry I have not poated much yet today; it has been a busy one (currently at a military dining-in).

Yes I'm military,  so if Luz comes off direct or forceful...
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <09-11-14/2100:59> »
Yes I'm military,  so if Luz comes off direct or forceful...
No problem, SR tends to draw a lot of active military and vets. I'm a vet, for one. Thanks for your service, for whatever country it may be.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal