NEWS

www.shadowrunsixthworld.com - counter.

• 166 Replies

Nomad Of Endings

• Newb
« Reply #135 on: <06-27-19/1934:19> »
A Night's Work

That brings back memories!  ;D (See, this newest clip on the countdown feels like it came from THAT universe/production quality)

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #136 on: <06-28-19/0914:15> »

For what it is worth, a couple of references:
- 4th edition adventure "Boardroom Backstab: Sacrificial Limb" is basically playable as is (the deep background on who the real Johnson is would need updating, but the players are not even apt to ever find that out).  The players are hired to infiltrate an Ares training program -- as trainees. [spoiler] If they do well, they eventually get sent to an Ares research subsidiary. There are bugs there -- big surprise given the contents of this thread[/spoiler]

In October (I think) they are supposed to be coming out with the first 6th edition adventure, called 30 Nights.  From the tiny bit we have been told, it is living through the blackout in one of the cities that went dark (in this case: Toronto).  You may not want to wait that long, and if you want it set somewhere else you'd have to do the work of porting the adventure.  But just so you know that is in the pipe.

It will probably be a bit before I run a campaign. I plan on picking up the boxed set on July 10 and running what is in there, to see if my group likes it. If they do, I will pick up the main rule book and at least the sourcebook (and I think a campaign book has been mentioned as well)? While I'm waiting for that, I'll probably be running Starfinder for a bit; I picked up the beginner box and the books for that awhile back, and at least two members of the group like the setting. That and the fact that we switched to a round-robin DMing system means I should have enough time to get the Shadowrun books and read through them before starting anything. Thanks for the corp angle though, I may just go with that depending on how the sourcebook and campaign books read.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #137 on: <06-28-19/0924:49> »
A Night's Work

Oh, sweet goddess! I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe! I'm not sure which was funnier, the street samurai hopping sideways down the alley, despite not being up against a corner for most of the way, or the mage(?) striking the 1990 glam rock pose before knocking the guard out!  ;D

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #138 on: <06-28-19/1034:27> »
Any idea when the next one will be up?

For now I hope that the III Corps tentacle monster was just a coincidence or some cult taking advantage if all the blackouts. Apart from that everything else can be explained by the NULLs kicking everyone out of "their" matrix.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #139 on: <06-28-19/1044:15> »
Any idea when the next one will be up?

For now I hope that the III Corps tentacle monster was just a coincidence or some cult taking advantage if all the blackouts. Apart from that everything else can be explained by the NULLs kicking everyone out of "their" matrix.

I've been checking it, but it's still that video. I'm hoping it goes back to them talking again.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #140 on: <06-28-19/1344:16> »

Great. Gotta love megacorps, R&D teams with no moral compass, and the almighty bottom line! What could possibly go wrong!?  >:(

Still, that's great news to me (less so my future vic...err, players): The way this has been playing out, I'm very tempted to use the events to set a horror-themed campaign. I saw another post somewhere mentioning past editions having an option to start players at a lower power level (street campaign, I think it was called?), and I'm imagining a group of these lower-level types just starting out and getting caught in one of these cities that went dark, like St. Louis. }:)

If you can find a copy of the Universal Brotherhood, it is a great run and provides the some of the original history related to this. Queen Euphoria came out before this and had some implications, but UB was the one that made everyone sit and take notice. Both great as source material.
« Last Edit: <06-28-19/1357:58> by cantrip »

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <06-28-19/1347:36> »
After listening to crossover podcast about events in Chicago. One entry in Streetpedia really stands out.

“According to the ASPS, V'golkatl is one the largest single threats to the world's continued existence. V'golk-atl emerged from the astral corpse of Calumet (previous spirit of Chicago) and is served by swarms of lesser terrors.”

I’m starting to think bugs are a red herring or least minor part of what’s going on in current story.

+1 ;)

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #142 on: <06-28-19/1347:56> »

Great. Gotta love megacorps, R&D teams with no moral compass, and the almighty bottom line! What could possibly go wrong!?  >:(

Still, that's great news to me (less so my future vic...err, players): The way this has been playing out, I'm very tempted to use the events to set a horror-themed campaign. I saw another post somewhere mentioning past editions having an option to start players at a lower power level (street campaign, I think it was called?), and I'm imagining a group of these lower-level types just starting out and getting caught in one of these cities that went dark, like St. Louis. }:)

If you can find a copy of the Universal Brotherhood, it is a great run and provides the original history. Queen Euphoria came out before this and had some implications, but UB was the one that made everyone sit and take notice. Both great as source material.

I should be able to get PDFs of those, at the very least: Drivethrurpg.com seemed to have several of the previous editions available, if not most.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #143 on: <06-28-19/1408:01> »
Is it just me, or did the video clip after the 2 days of Matrix Chat, kinda ruin all the hype?
I've heard the exact opposite on Reddit. There, people were disappointed with the chat log but got excited by the video.

I guess the general advice is to take the bits that work for you and ignore what doesn't.

Nomad Of Endings

• Newb
« Reply #144 on: <06-28-19/1838:08> »
Is it just me, or did the video clip after the 2 days of Matrix Chat, kinda ruin all the hype?
I've heard the exact opposite on Reddit. There, people were disappointed with the chat log but got excited by the video.

I guess the general advice is to take the bits that work for you and ignore what doesn't.
Dont get me wrong, I'm still hyped for 6th edition... I think the art work and quality/style of what was laid out was a HUGE contrast from "90's AV club bad acting" from the clip. It was a bit of a system shock to go from slick, stylized, and polished, to sub-amateur video. But honestly, I'm not here for the marketing campaign, I'm here for the love of Shadowrun and 6th edition so it's all gravy to me.  ;D

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <06-28-19/1848:28> »

Dont get me wrong, I'm still hyped for 6th edition... I think the art work and quality/style of what was laid out was a HUGE contrast from "90's AV club bad acting" from the clip. It was a bit of a system shock to go from slick, stylized, and polished, to sub-amateur video. But honestly, I'm not here for the marketing campaign, I'm here for the love of Shadowrun and 6th edition so it's all gravy to me.  ;D

I didn’t find any of it from start to current slick, stylized or polished. It has all been cheesy dialogue and with the video acting.  So the video fit in fine for me. I would have preferred corrupted drone footage thing. Maybe voiced dialogue from the same characters in the start like bull trying to dissect the snippets the drone sent. As that would fit the initial story better imo.

But I like cheesy so it all works for me.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #146 on: <06-28-19/2116:19> »
So, can one of the resident Loremasters fill us in on who the III Corps are?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #147 on: <06-29-19/0132:56> »
> Messages from DeeCee? I haven’t made it there yet. I’d been in Seattle, since there was a flurry of UCAS diplomats traveling there. I’ve been trying to make it to DeeCee since things went down, but travel sucks right now.
> Kay St. Irregular

> You’re not in DeeCee?
> Bull

> That’s what I said.
> Kay St. Irregular

> You weren’t messaging us from there a few days ago?
> Bull

> Nope.
> Kay St. Irregular

> Were you messaging us from anywhere?
> Bull

> Still no.
> Kay St. Irregular

> Drek.
> Glitch
... What the WHAAAAAA?! O_O

Okay so there's both a cover-up against civvies, AND a cover-up against the Shadows?! Now THAT scares me.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <06-29-19/0142:56> »
Even Shadow Social Media gets hacked!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #149 on: <06-29-19/0144:42> »
Slamm-O! forgot for a second that he's one of a triad of admins and also has to help with the security. :P I feel his pain. The glee when others have to take on the tough work and then to find out you have to step in as well...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!