NEWS

Background music

• 77 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #45 on: <10-07-10/1157:56> »
Hey, Billy's an innocent man who happened to fall for an uptown girl after movin' out and becoming a big shot before a matter of trust broke his heart. The pressure of being the entertainer was just too much for his New York state of mind.

Oh, and because it's a half-hour from my home town, Allentown.
Ah HA! That explains why you're so cool. Thats on the other side of the state But it's still PA. My parents grew up in West Newton!
« Last Edit: <10-07-10/1200:45> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-07-10/1208:06> »
Well you are right. Music with lyrics can be distracting. Good techno or ethnic music work well. There are some decent soundtracks out there. Orchestra music can, at times, work well.

When lyrics are more acceptable, like in combat, I like metal, surf punk, and alternative rock.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <10-07-10/1209:34> »
Pennsylvania is made of win. All of it.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #48 on: <10-07-10/1217:57> »
Hence the reason I'm busting my ass to get back there.

And, if I can get back before the Phils win the world series (again), it'd be extra special. ;)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <10-07-10/1222:26> »
Well you are right. Music with lyrics can be distracting. Good techno or ethnic music work well. There are some decent soundtracks out there. Orchestra music can, at times, work well.

When lyrics are more acceptable, like in combat, I like metal, surf punk, and alternative rock.

Missed this earlier.

Yes. We use a lot of technoish stuff apparently. Mostly .Hack//howevermanytheyhaveoutnowIlosttrack, Ghost In The Shell, Aeon Flux, Eve Online, with some Cowboy Bebop thrown in for pizazz.

I keep trying to poke Doom into adding Silent Hill and Nine Inch Nails' instrumentals to that list but he doesn't want to on the basis that I tend to reflexively crank up either when they come on and he'd really rather not me poke his laptop because I'm a walking EMP field that makes electronics spontaneously fail for no particular reason.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #50 on: <10-07-10/1442:52> »
Midnight Syndicate does some moody instrumentals.
Neon Genesis Evangeleon soundtrack.
Monster Magnet's Powertrip.
Rammstein anything by them really.
The Crystal Method.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <10-07-10/1539:32> »
DJ Shadow
&
Fight Club Soundtrack
might go good with that list, Angelone.

The right Jazz can also be really excellent to play to as well. Theres also some good hiphop jazz fusion out there that isn't too distracting.

Wow, Chaotic, I watch all those anime. Love the music from Cowboy Bebop too. Dot hack sign has got some great music for D&D, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. But yeah, anime and games are a great source of tabletop gaming music.

I swear though, I have to listen to one more freakin' world of warcraft song I'm gonna lose my mind. I HATE that music and my group in Oregon listens to it all the time.
« Last Edit: <10-07-10/1543:41> by Joker »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #53 on: <10-07-10/1622:24> »
Cowboy Bebop was the first Anime Soundtrack I actively hunted down and captured. Tank!, The Egg and I and Space Lion remain on my playlist to this day.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #54 on: <10-07-10/1744:04> »
tried to post to this earlier and have a few that have not shown up

Dragon force- Through the fire and the Flames, Soldiers of the wasteland, Dawn of a new world
Vandread soundtrack
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #55 on: <10-07-10/2032:06> »
I keep thinking of more.

Ensiferum- Blood is the price of glory, Deathbringer from the sky, and Ahti are great for combat.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <10-07-10/2052:02> »
I don't really watch anime, really. Haven't since highschool.

I do, however, love the .Hack//games.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <10-07-10/2110:44> »
I've played the first GU. Pretty fun. Alot better than the older games..

And yes, I'm an grown man and I watch anime. I watch a little bit of everything. I can enjoy most things in the spirit in which they are made. Maybe because I'm very empathetic. I can't even watch sad movies with other people. I watched Gattaca the other night and could hardly stop myself from getting all teary. Lol.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #58 on: <10-07-10/2116:42> »
Just caught these over on DriveThruRPG. They're a little cheesy, but endlessly loopable...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #59 on: <10-08-10/1028:55> »
Cowboy Bebop was the first Anime Soundtrack I actively hunted down and captured. Tank!, The Egg and I and Space Lion remain on my playlist to this day.

Luke Vibert did a nice little understated remix of Tank! back in the day.  It's probably worth checking it out just for the variety.