NEWS

What happened to Dunkelzahn?

• 188 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #150 on: <08-15-11/2145:16> »
*Points at Chrona*  There, see, he did it, AH!  Not me!

Right, no need to call the organleggers, CanRay is tonight's dinner.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #151 on: <08-15-11/2146:25> »
"Ghoul Cab:  We clean up our own road kill."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <08-15-11/2156:52> »
"Ghoul Cab:  We clean up our own road kill."

"Ghoul Lawyers: We devour your problems."

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #153 on: <08-15-11/2307:44> »
Ghoul Crime Scene Cleanup Crews
it'll be clean enough to eat off.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <08-15-11/2309:54> »

it'll be clean enough to eat off too.

Fixed

Back on topic, the mention of the man stripped of all rights being mentioned in SL, by A. nonymous, no less, draws my attention.
« Last Edit: <08-15-11/2311:39> by Chrona »

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #155 on: <08-15-11/2340:53> »

it'll be clean enough to eat off too.

Fixed

Back on topic, the mention of the man stripped of all rights being mentioned in SL, by A. nonymous, no less, draws my attention.

ok,, what about it draws your attention?
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #156 on: <08-15-11/2348:02> »
I feel it's a deliberately chosen example...I can't really elaborate

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #157 on: <08-16-11/0002:01> »
Does that belong in the A Nonymous thread?

Anyway, his will set up a lot more than just SOME things leading to the Crash 2.0. There are still parts of the will to be done. And who's to say that in a few more years, we get some books that "change the game" again, and we can look back on Uncle Dunkie's will again and go "Ooooh... THAT'S what that was for..."

Seriously, did FASA and that OTHER game company leave notes or something? Hell, I'd love to pour over those game design notes and piece things together. Who's to say the "immunization" wouldn't have brought forth the Obsidimen metatype? (To hell with the story of the Last Liferock.... They had to start from somewhere last go around.) I mean, if it was something unimportant, it wouldn't have taken up space in his will. I say EVERYTHING in that will was either moving a chess piece forward, or paying off old debts. Or both in some cases.

TL;DR - I WANNA SEE THE DESIGN NOTES! *cries*
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #158 on: <08-16-11/0005:51> »
Does that belong in the A Nonymous thread?

Its been mentioned there and is relevant here

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #159 on: <08-16-11/0017:59> »
A man stripped of his identity and a person that posts with no name...

Maybe my moniker of "The Poster With No Name" is more accurate than I thought...  And here I was just doing a Clint Eastwood joke.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #160 on: <08-16-11/0022:03> »
A man stripped of his identity and a person that posts with no name...

Maybe my moniker of "The Poster With No Name" is more accurate than I thought...  And here I was just doing a Clint Eastwood joke.

Yes that's what was nagging at me.

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #161 on: <08-16-11/0526:31> »
Could it have been what's his face? There was someone in the Will who specifically had all identity, assets, and everything else stripped from him (I thought the limit was 18 months) and he could only get it back by proving that he was himself. (Granted, that was hard given that all of his health/DNA/Dental records were destroyed as well) The reward was a couple of Mill plus this guys stuff if you killed him and could prove it.

The section ended with D basically saying "And this is why the runners say: Never deal with dragons."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #162 on: <08-16-11/1037:52> »
I wonder what kind of spite that guy earned to get that kind of treatment from Dunkie.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #163 on: <08-16-11/1309:45> »
He ate his fries.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #164 on: <08-16-11/1808:44> »
Seriously, did FASA and that OTHER game company leave notes or something? Hell, I'd love to pour over those game design notes and piece things together. Who's to say the "immunization" wouldn't have brought forth the Obsidimen metatype? (To hell with the story of the Last Liferock.... They had to start from somewhere last go around.) I mean, if it was something unimportant, it wouldn't have taken up space in his will. I say EVERYTHING in that will was either moving a chess piece forward, or paying off old debts. Or both in some cases.
From what I've heard, no, there aren't such notes, at least from FASA and FanPro era. Line developers usually were way too busy with what they are going to actually publish to read about what was the freelancers' intent behind every word and what they would like to do if given the opportunity in an aptly themed sourcebook next year or a full epic campaign (that you know will be SR best ever !).

I remember someone went to FASA former offices as they were emptying the place, and pick as many boxes he could, with no idea of what could be inside. A few years later, that guy made a call as he had to empty his garage. I don't remember those who searched them made any significant breakthrough.

There was someone in the Will who specifically had all identity, assets, and everything else stripped from him (I thought the limit was 18 months) and he could only get it back by proving that he was himself. (Granted, that was hard given that all of his health/DNA/Dental records were destroyed as well) The reward was a couple of Mill plus this guys stuff if you killed him and could prove it.

The section ended with D basically saying "And this is why the runners say: Never deal with dragons."
For a period of ten days beginning on 14 February 2057, Lars J. Matthews will cease to possess any legal status. He will be stripped of all evidence of legal existence, including SIN, credsticks, DocWagon contract, bank accounts and so on. To the individual or group who ends Lars J. Matthews' physical existence during those ten days, I leave all of Matthews' assets and 1 million nuyen for a job well done. If Mr. Matthews survives and can prove his identity, his legal status and all possessions will be restored to him. Haven't you heard? Never deal with a dragon, Lars.
As a reminder, Dunkelzahn died on August 9, 2057, and several items in his will implies he did update his will between February and August. So most assume there was a typo here.