NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 366 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #150 on: <10-19-16/2046:40> »
Clem leaned back and folded her arms. As O'Connor had pointed out, she had been outvoted, but that didn't change the fact she felt she was right. "That is not how you conduct business" said Clementine in a calm tone.

Sammy looked at the situation unfolding and interjected. "Come on Clem, what's the big deal? Jane didn't mind, and it's just an exchange of credsticks. There's no need to make a big deal out of this."

To which Clem looked back at Sammy and repeated herself. "That is NOT how you conduct business. I have been overruled on this, but you should know we shouldn't show the inner workings of the group to our employers." The ork was not budging from her position, but she knew the group had made a decision and she was going to have to live with it.

Starlet looked at Snow and asked her "Come with me and get a drink?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #151 on: <10-20-16/0951:29> »
Snow looked at Starlet and nodded.  "Thanks.  But it will have to be quick as I doubt Jane will take that long in the toilet."  When Snow rises, she leaves the credstick on the table and follows Sammy to the nearby bar, where she orders a shot of vodka.  Turning to the Ork, she asks, Thanks for helping defuse that.  Is this just a social drink?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <10-20-16/1033:54> »
Sammy put her hand on one of Snow's shoulder and gave her a smile. "Don't worry about this, those two always butt heads like this. It almost seems like they love to get into arguments, actually. You should have seen them when we were on our first assignment, it almost came to blows. But in the end, they are still working together and I think they like things that way."

Back at the table, Clem was staring back at O'Connor. "This is exactly what I meant when I said butthole earlier. You didn't need to escalate this situation in front of the Johnson, Con. We barely got this job to begin with, and now you deliberately create a scene just to prove to yourself you're a tough guy that doesn't take shit from anyone? We're not in Seattle anymore, omae, who knows what kind of attention talking about money in an open space like this will attract. And before you say you can handle anything that comes our way, just stop and think for a minute about the fact that we don't know a single thing about this place. We just got here a few hours ago, we don't even know the word for 'gun'."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #153 on: <10-20-16/1712:10> »
O'Connor's eyes went from unfriendly to venomous, "I created a scene?! You're the one who started this, you tusker cunt! We're sitting in a god damn burger joint in a fragging airport! We're fine from any would be thieves, you paranoid bitch! I may not know anything about the culture of where we're heading, but I do know that bullets kill people. That is all I need to know about Lagos or any other place in the world. Something you need to know; the others might let you bully and push them around, but that bulldrek won't ever work on me." O'Connor leaned forward, "I forgave you for running off on the mountain like a coward and nearly getting me killed. I haven't killed you for trying to rob my best friend. I put up with your constant snide remarks about me. You keep this drek up though, I'm going to start remembering every time you've ever wronged me." With that O'Connor grabbed his credstick and left, Clem having thoroughly ruined his appetite.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0002:51> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <10-20-16/1951:49> »
*And a bullet to your head will kill you just as well* thought the ork as O'Connor was leaving. She was left sitting by herself at the table, sipping her drink in silence.

"Looks like it's over" said Sammy to Snow as she looked at Bullet Storm walking away. "You seem to reach him on a level we can't, want to try talking to him? I'll handle the proud one" finished Starlet as she took her drink and walked back to the table.

"So what was it this time? Can't you just let this one thing slide?" asked Sammy, setting her drink on the table and getting a seat next to Clem.

"Not when it comes to business, nothing will slide." answered Clementine. "The rest of you might think this is some part-time gig, but for me it's my living. With his antics at the meet of freaking everyone out and Torley apparently not handling Jane well, we almost missed out on this payday. So forgive me for wanting to go forward doing things correctly."

Sammy paused for a moment. "And if the team falls apart because you're winding him too tight, there won't be any payday." She left the other ork to her thoughts and got started on her drink.
« Last Edit: <10-20-16/2336:37> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <10-21-16/0054:04> »
Snow looks at Starlet and nods.  She finishes her drink and walks over to where Con is standing.  "Hey, you alright?"
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0302:45> by Mercy Merchant »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #156 on: <10-21-16/0743:57> »
Snow found O'Connor outside stewing under the blazing sun. He didn't bother to turn around, "Starlet send you to check up on me? Tell her I haven't reconsidered shooting Clem in the face, if that's what she's worried about. Might challenge her to a knife fight here soon though, if she keeps trying to boss us around like that."
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0808:02> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #157 on: <10-21-16/0959:40> »
Snow stays a couple of feet away.  She is not afraid of the man, but does not want to intrude on his personal space.  "I think that someone has to be the team lead.  I am too inexperienced with the rest of you so am clearly not a good candidate.  Who would you want to fill that role?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #158 on: <10-21-16/1028:12> »
O'Connor shrugged, "I don't know if any of us are right for the role. You're the newbie. Torley's too flighty in a fight. No one trusts or respects me. Clem demands obedience without earning it. That leaves Starlet as the least bad choice, but she's never shown any desire or talent for it."

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #159 on: <10-21-16/1038:03> »
Snow laughs.  "What you have is a problem reading people.  You are both trusted and respected, but you will not allow yourself to see that.  You come across as gruff and rude, both traits that are not going to endear yourself to anyone.  I know that you probably won't experience any sort of epiphany from my words, but you should think on them a bit.  The words of a corporate whore might not mean anything, but maybe you could give getting along better a try.  All I am saying on the subject for now.  Do you want to go back inside out of the heat?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #160 on: <10-21-16/1113:38> »
O'Connor finally turned back to look at Snow, "I don't think less of you, or dismiss your opinion, because you're a sex worker." He turned back towards the horizon, "That said, you're wrong. The others may acknowledge my fighting prowess, but that's it. They see me as a rapid dog. To be fair, there's far more than a grain truth to that, and I don't care if they trust or respect me anyway. All I care about earning is the fear and hatred of my enemies." O'Connor clenched his fists again, "As for getting along, to Clem that means bowing down to her without question. You saw her in there, she didn't like what we were doing. Instead of asking us to do things different, she mean mugged you and Starlet until you buckled under. She then physically stopped me. I won't ever, and I mean ever, bow down to her or anyone." It was obvious that he was leaving a lot unsaid, and that his aversion to authority was complete and intractable.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/1118:16> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #161 on: <10-22-16/1134:56> »
"Thank you for saying you do not think less of me for what I do.  It is what I have been trained my whole life for; that and medicine.  And I am actually quite good at the sex bit, believe it or not.  It is a real bonus that I happen to enjoy that part very much.  I will tell you that I am well respected in certain circles, and trusted, and it feels................nice.  Like my life has some sort of meaning.  If that was not there, it would have made being a whore a lot less enjoyable, I imagine.  And now I have found Andrew and am in love, which feels nice even just saying it.  The way you talk about yourself sounds to me like you have built up a wall of some kind to deliberately keep people away.  Do you want to tell me why?"

While talking, Snow sends two messages out.  >>Andrew.  Snow.  Just letting you know I am alright.  We are still in transit, but at a short rest stop to change planes.  Love you. and miss you.<<  The second message is to her Vory contact.  >>Snow checking in.  I am on the way to my Lagos job.  Never heard back on whether or not we have any contacts there you want me to look up.<<

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #162 on: <10-22-16/1438:04> »
O'Connor's reply was short, "Personal experience." A silence stretched out as O'Connor failed to elaborate. Eventually he spoke again, but to end the conversation, "Do me a favor, go ask Jane how much longer until we head out." 
« Last Edit: <10-23-16/0213:03> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #163 on: <10-22-16/1646:43> »
Snow realizes that Con knows that she could ask that question from here, so she takes this as a dismissal and leaves to return to the others.  She catches Starlet's eye as she approaches the table and gives her head a slight shake.  "Con is waiting outside and says to let him know when we are leaving."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #164 on: <10-23-16/0938:14> »
With a shrug, Starlet replied "At least he didn't hit you, so that's progress of some kind." Clem then got up and said "Let's get everyone grouped and ready to leave." The ork walked back to Jane and bowed to her. "I'm terribly you had to be witness to this scene, but I will make sure this doesn't impact our performance or dedication. We simply need to wait for Torley to come back from his errand and we are ready to resume our travel."
« Last Edit: <10-23-16/0940:12> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix