NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 366 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <10-17-16/2048:47> »
Jane laughed, "I thought elves weren't supposed to show their age, do I look like an old retired runner?  I'm still in my street running days, but to answer your question, I do a lot.  Investigations, courier, a little espionage, I usually work alone, except for times like this when I get a team together for a job."  She hands Clem her drink, "What about you?  Don't see many Yakuza flying solo in the shadows, how is it working out for you?  Are you still fighting the chaos or have you embraced it?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <10-17-16/2238:18> »
Clem was taken aback by Jane's answer. *How did she know I used to be Yakuza?* thought the ork. Figuring she must have had some prior experiences with the Yakuza, the conclusion Clem was falling into the category by her behaviour and appearance became almost evident.

"I still have days when I wonder why I bother running in the shadows, but in the end it's all I can do. As strange as it might sound, the Heaven's Devils are my family now, for better or worse." The ork then raised her glass and took a big sip of her drink.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <10-17-16/2341:30> »
While waiting for any others of the team to finish shopping at the ill-advertised Trader Jim's, Snow uploads the language programs and sets them to active so she can get some practice with them.  Even if she is not used to speaking the language, she should be able to understand others much better.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <10-18-16/0244:48> »
Sammy had decided to accompany Snow to the store. "I'm sure we can find something fashionable to buy" had said Starlet, looking through the kitsch inventory at the store. In the end, she had decided against buying anything, but did say to Snow "I think you can take that Linguasoft out of the team funds."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <10-18-16/0559:30> »
O'Connor made his way to the McHugh's after realizing that the translation dictionaries for sale lacked any profanity. After ordering something to eat, he headed over to Jane and Clem's table. He caught the tailend of Clem's comment about the team, and was glad her back was to him. He leaned in over her shoulder with a mocking grin on his face, "Aww, how cute. Who knew that underneath that icy exterior was someone who actually cared?"
« Last Edit: <10-18-16/0653:01> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <10-18-16/0816:15> »
A bit startled by O'Connor's appearance, Clem simply said "And with every family there is always a member you wished wasn't a butthole." The ork rearranged her chair to let Bullet Storm into the group, but continued with another question to Jane. "So you always work alone, no affiliations of your own?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <10-18-16/1040:09> »
Snow smiles at Sammy. "You think so?  Thanks for thinking of that.  We do have another 5K to put in the kitty from the advances, but I am leery of just assuming.  Perhaps I can mention it when we get back to the others."

Snow walks with Sammy back to the McHugh's, where they find the rest sitting, although Sam is a couple of tables a way.  She motions for him to join the group and says, "Alright, the store was a bit of a disappointment clothing wise, but I was able to pick up some R4 linguasofts for French and Yaruba, the major native dialect.  There was nothing available for any other of the local languages and no water purification tabs.  I paid 4K nuyen for the programs and was wondering if part of that cost could come from group funds.  Speaking of which, I think we each owe 1K to the treasurer from the advances we received. What do you guys think?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <10-18-16/1202:57> »
Clem immediately glared at Snow. The ork's piercing stare was not threatening, but it was definitely saying change the subject.

Sammy answered "Yeah, sure. Here's my part," to which Clem cleared her throat loudly. Starlet looked at the street samurai quizzically but quickly put whatever she had taken in her hand back into her pocket and decided against it. "We'll come back to that later" whispered Sammy to Snow, giving her a wink like a school girl that had been caught exchanging notes in class.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <10-18-16/2323:29> »
Snow is a bit confused, but changes the subject.  "I hope that the plane out of here is a bit cooler than the outside.  This is definitely not the Siberia I came from."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <10-19-16/0018:04> »
O'Connor loaded a credstick with his part of the team fund, and also received a glare and throat clearing from Clem. It seemed they'd yet again broke some protocol of Clem's. She always seemed to be riding his or Snow's hoop over this drek, yet never had she found it necessary to explain herself. If she was never going to make it clear why she had a problem, then he was never going to give a damn. He gave the ork a challenging glare of his own, "You alright Clem? Sounds like you're picking up a nasty cough. Maybe you should have Snow check you out." He then slide the credstick across the table to Snow.
« Last Edit: <10-19-16/0038:32> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <10-19-16/0435:50> »
"Yes, it seems there's an epidemic of the "bad business" bug all around me" responded Clem sarcastically, sliding O'Connor's credstick back to him. She then addressed the whole team, saying "can we please keep team business to ourselves?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #146 on: <10-19-16/0457:13> »
O'Connor clenched his fists until his knuckles went white. Clem was lucky that their employeer was sitting right next to them. He slid the credstick back to Snow, a fair bit more forcefully than intended. His glare towards Clem got a mighty bit unfriendlier, "The fragging hell does it matter? We agreed that you call the shots in combat, but that was it. You don't get to lay down the law as you like. Snow doesn't have a problem with this, Sammy didn't, and I don't. You're outvoted. So sit there, shut up, and stop getting butthurt ever time we don't ask for your permission to wipe our own hoops."
« Last Edit: <10-19-16/0540:21> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <10-19-16/0826:59> »
Jane looks concerned, then sees this as something she may not want to see, so she quickly stands up.  "I think I will visit the facilities before we get on another plane, we can head that way when I get back."

She quickly moves off in the direction of the bathroom.
« Last Edit: <10-19-16/1824:53> by Crossbow »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <10-19-16/1000:48> »
Snow does not reach for the stick.  "Look, this oppressive heat and the circumstances of the initial meet are getting to all of us.  We should not be arguing and certainly not in front of Jane.  We can work all of this out later and I am sorry that I brought it up."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <10-19-16/1014:15> »
O'Connor didn't break eye contact with Clem, and was purposely not blinking, "Don't fragging apologize. It'll make her think she can get away with this drek."

Characters