NEWS

Safehouses now out--stay cool when the heat is on!

• 52 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <02-15-12/1400:55> »
The newest Shadowrun PDF-only product is now out--Safehouses, which tells you all you need to know about the special places you go when you need to lie low (Battleshop, DriveThruRPG). Yeah, internal rhyme is my friend. Anyway, here's more info:

HIDING FROM THE HEAT

If it hasn’t happened to you yet, it will. A run will go south. People will be looking for you. Their eyes will be everywhere—your home, your friends’ houses, the places you hang out, even the spots where you buy your soykaf. They’re looking for you, waiting for you, and when they find you, they’re not going to talk. It’ll be a single shot, or a flash of sharp steel, and you’ll be done.

To avoid this, you need to lay low. You need a place where no one will look for you, and where you’ll have enough of life’s basics to get you by. Don’t know where to find such a place? You’re in luck, chummer—we’ve got the guide for you. Whether your acquiring and stocking your own bolt hole or engaging professional safehouse managers, we’ve got the info you need to live to fight another day.

Safehouses is a supplement for Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition that provides both flavor text and rules to help runners acquire or find the hideouts they need to stay out of harm’s way. It includes sample safehouses, equipment suggestions for the well-stocked hideaway, and safehouse creation rules that work with the Advanced Lifestyles rules from Runner’s Companion. Get Safehouses, stay safe, and be ready to charge back into the shadows once the trouble you’re in has blown over.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <02-15-12/1409:44> »
Very nice.  Can't quite place where I know the name of the author, however...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <02-15-12/1422:14> »
Yay!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <02-15-12/1436:05> »
Judging by the JackPoint opening page, I'm going to assume that it's Clockwork's account we're viewing...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-15-12/1505:27> »
Just picked it up. Looks good so far.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #5 on: <02-15-12/1515:18> »
bought. downloaded...quequed for reading :)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-15-12/1539:47> »
OK, read through it, and I gotta say I love it.

My Characters

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #7 on: <02-15-12/1548:55> »
Bought and read. Love it!  ;D Now having ideas for an addition to my "team" of shadowrunners...*rubs hands together gleefully*
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #8 on: <02-15-12/1824:09> »
So.. whats up with Toronto?... 8)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-16-12/0319:34> »
Congrats CanRay! Proud of you!

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #10 on: <02-16-12/0348:52> »
Congrats CanRay! Proud of you!

Really? WOW!  Congrats CanRay!  Soooooooo coooooool!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <02-16-12/1443:56> »
Judging by the JackPoint opening page, I'm going to assume that it's Clockwork's account we're viewing...

What was interesting was the item in the alets on the left-hand side - "twenty-seven people have removed you from their list of contacts" - that suggests something more recent than the Clockwork/Netcat thing, so I'm thinking it's someone other than Clockwork, unless he's done something more recent.  It's also always said "Welcome to JackPoint, chummer" - the "YOU BASTARD" is for just this book, which also makes me think this is someone who's only recently ticked off the others.

The homework mention on the login page and the homework mention in the graffitti on the last page was also cute.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <02-16-12/1647:53> »

What was interesting was the item in the alets on the left-hand side - "twenty-seven people have removed you from their list of contacts" - that suggests something more recent than the Clockwork/Netcat thing, so I'm thinking it's someone other than Clockwork, unless he's done something more recent.  It's also always said "Welcome to JackPoint, chummer" - the "YOU BASTARD" is for just this book, which also makes me think this is someone who's only recently ticked off the others.

The homework mention on the login page and the homework mention in the graffitti on the last page was also cute.
See, I'm thinking it's Clockwork because of the comment about TM Safehouses being "Piggy Banks". I'm thinking that shortly after the comments were posted, he was caught doing something nobody liked.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-16-12/1709:14> »
I have to agree. Clockwork is pretty much the only Jackpointer that has that level of antipathy going towards him. Even though Pistons may not have forgiven Haze, they at least haven't gotten into any arguments recently. And while Bull and Frosty might not be on speaking terms, they at least have always been civil on Jackpoint. Of all the feuds, Clockwork's is the only one where most of Jackpoint is lined up on one side or the other, including most of the people who could change his login screen to read "YOU BASTARD".

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #14 on: <02-16-12/1829:47> »
How many users threatened the little child of fellow members recently?  Especially if my theory is correct about FastJack being the Godfather of said kid?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11