NEWS

SR6 Custom Sniper Rifle and Accessory Questions

• 2 Replies

Crystalnix

• Newb
« on: <11-28-20/0450:31> »
So I was looking over the Ranger Arms ‘Eagle Eye’ Targeting Sensor Suite and if I’m understanding this right, the sensor suite would need its own accessory slot even if you were connecting it to a weapon’s imaging scope. So the whole setup would take two of the three accessory slots found on rifle type weapons(the top and bottom slots). I’m not sure if I got this right and wouldn’t mind the clarification. Trying to build a long range, high-power rifle for both late game and character generation type characters since there are certain things not available at character generation that are better than some of the initial options that are available at character generation. This weapon is for an extremely specialized long range assassin type character I’m working on. Long and extreme ranges are where I’m hoping for this type of weapon to excel
Standard upgrades are bland, show me something more........interesting. I know the specialty gear isn’t kept in general viewing, money’s not an issue. I’m just trying to find something that actually catches my interest.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <11-28-20/2213:04> »
Crystalnix,

Welcome to the forums.

So Eagle Eye on FS page p73. 

We had a dwarf snipper that tricked out a Barrett.  He came up with a better build using a combination of accessories (CRB p251-257) and weapon modifications.  The only thing I remember was barrel extension.  I believe he had done the math and he was better off doing that then getting the Eagle Eye.  He also liked it better because it fit the shooter knowing his weapon.  You may want to look at some combinations to see if you get a better mouse trap.

Regards,
SL

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Crystalnix

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-29-20/0140:04> »
Thanks SL. I’ll take a look at the different combos. In all actuality, I’m designing this weapon for not one, but for two of my characters. The plan was for each of them to have a copy of the setup I settle on and have the two of them working together. I was looking at the Eagle Eye not only of the attack rating buff at the ranges I wanted but also for it automatically coming with the ultrasound sensor. But I will definitely take what you have said under advisement. Thanks again SL.
Standard upgrades are bland, show me something more........interesting. I know the specialty gear isn’t kept in general viewing, money’s not an issue. I’m just trying to find something that actually catches my interest.