NEWS

Licenses

• 4 Replies

Quicksilver

• Newb
« on: <09-27-19/0932:45> »
Hello everyone. Chummer needs some help: what types of licenses are exists?
I found:
Concealed carry
Cyberware
RCC
Driving
Do anything else exists? Do I need driving license for every vehicle? Do I need license for every (L) weapon that I got? Do I need license for every (L) cyberware that I got?

PS: And what about drones? Piloting license for rotor/winged and driver for antro/wheeled or something different?
PPS: We can mount weapon on drones, but mount itself is (I). So if any Lone Star see my Oni with two AK I will be in trouble, isn't it?
« Last Edit: <09-27-19/0955:48> by Quicksilver »

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-19/0939:59> »
I would do it like in real life. (kind of, simplified of course!)
- Drivers License is for everything Ground based.    Pilot's Licence is for everything flying.
- Concealed Carry allows carrying all kinds of Pistols hidden.
- Licenses that allow carrying a Machine Gun (or generally Heavy (L) Weapons) around should probably flag your SIN as some kind of professional Hunter or Security Personal and thous allow all kinds of weapons
- License for Cyberware should probably allow all kind of (L) flagged Cyberware for the same reason as the Machine Gun License
- i would split Spellcasting and Sprits, walking around with powerful materialized Spirits should mark you as some kind of security as well.

All thoughts for some kind of "civilised" area of course.  :)

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-19/0945:19> »
Funny, I was just thinking about this.

Do you need a concealed carry license to carry a non-licensed weapon like a taser in a concealed fashion? The weapon itself does not even have the L, meaning no license is required to carry it at all.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-27-19/0953:44> »
Do you need a concealed carry license to carry a non-licensed weapon like a taser in a concealed fashion? The weapon itself does not even have the L, meaning no license is required to carry it at all.

In real life that depends on the jurisdiction your in. In my (real life) country a taser is very restricted too ... but since the Rulesbook is written regarding to the UCAS i d say there is no license needed. Other countries it is up to the GM :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-19/1121:42> »
To quote some info from SR6:

Each type of item/
activity permission requires a separate license.
Things that require licenses include hunting (bow
and rifle), possession of a firearm, concealed carry
of a firearm (separate license), spellcasting, and
any Licensed gear or augmentations.

So asides from generic stuff like 'these are covered by hunting, all guns are covered by the 2 licenses', it's going to be 1 per type. So e.g. Cyberware, etc. I know my players like 'Bounty Hunter Licenses' since those support a collection of non-lethal toys and spy kits.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!