Shadowrun Play > Play-by-Post

The Found Arcana IC

<< < (2/32) > >>

Jack_Spade:
Bobby made his way to one of the chairs, sitting down quickly before anyone could notice the bloodstain on his left leg.
He moved with all the grace of a hungover sloth - which had made his classmates in highschool give him the ironic monicer of "cat".
Mato's words made him look up.
<<Soka, soycaf would be much appreciated right now.>> He still rubbed sleep from his eyes when he greeted the client.
"Wassup?"

Lorebane24:
The ork quickly steps into the room and removes his shaded glasses, revealing East Adian features.  He pauses for a moment before slumping into a chair with a heavy sigh.

"You are detectives, yes."  His fingers slide through the air in front of him and your links ping a new message.  It's a photo - an ork youth, around 16, you'd guess, with a denim jacket and quaffed up hair grins as his gold-plated cyberhand displays a middle finger.

"I want you to retrieve my son," the ork continues.  "He was taken hostage in a fight with one of his rival gangs, and they are demanding what I feel to be an unreasonable ransom for his return.  He is a dissapointment, but I will not suffer this insult from a group of Barrens hood rats."

Jack_Spade:
The man was to the point. Bobby liked that.
With a curt nod he said: "How much did they ask for?"

gilga:
Amy Maka, AM for short arrives and pours coffee to whoever is interested.
When the orc arrives, she replies "Please, have some coffee... Let me assure you that you came to the right place. Do you know which gang took him?" She asked the man.

Tecumseh:
Mato nodded, and maybe was even secretly pleased. Gangers aren't always reasonable - their territoriality means they don't always recognize or acknowledge a superior force - and that means that they could be fun.

Still, the job strikes a bit close to home. Mato sees some of his father in the man; Mato's parents had never been called him a Disappointment to his face, but it was something that they had probably thought, sickly and infirm as Mato had been in his youth. The memories are distant, almost to the point of feeling like they were from someone else's life, the result of massive Essence loss following Mato's voluntarily cyberlimb replacements. He studies the photo of the ork youth and wonders if the gold-plated cyberhand was similarly voluntary - bling for a feckless youth - or the by-product of the lad's gang-banging. The hand was tacky to the extreme, a clear violation of the "rich, not gaudy" guideline that Mato's father had passed down.

Mato's mind begins to spin with questions. He feeds them to the team so that the silver-tongued elves could ask them. AM beats him to the first one as she pours the soykaf, which Mato accepts.

<<Let's also ask which gang the kid is affiliated with. When and where he was taken would be helpful. Expected level of resistance, constraints on retrieval methods, deadlines, etc.>>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version