NEWS

(5E) HK XM30 and ammo classes

• 6 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-03-15/0510:35> »
I'm in the middle of building a 'prepared for anything' style of poacher/bounty hunter/assassin so to further this I'm looking at giving them the HK XM30 as it gives me some major versatility without needing to buy half a dozen different guns.

However I'm rather confused when it comes to ammo. Aside from Grenade and Shotgun underbarrel modes, does it use Assault Rifle ammo for all its other modes? I've got a hunch it's yes since damage codes don't change, but it's confusing enough to seek confirmation.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-03-15/0852:38> »
Real world 5.56mm NATO is used in carbines (smg), assault rifles, light machine guns and even sniper rifles.  So, yes,  it is using the same ammo.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <10-03-15/1331:59> »
K.I.S.S!

(Yes, but just one type of ammo for the gun, not a different type per configuration).

Why make life harder then it has to?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #3 on: <10-04-15/1107:30> »
well IIRC there is no difference in price for Assault rifle ammo vs Sniper Rifle ammo, so what brings the question up?

The damage codes don't change because its still the same ammo between the various cfg's as has been stated

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-04-15/1601:55> »
well IIRC there is no difference in price for Assault rifle ammo vs Sniper Rifle ammo, so what brings the question up?

Price doesn't change but it would complicate the logistics. Like I said, I thought it would all be the same ammo, but I wanted to double check.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <10-04-15/2109:00> »
I would say yes, it would be all the same ammo, as an exception to the rule that different types of guns carry different ammo. And for those asking why this would potentially be an issue, because if you didn't do it that way, you'd have people picking up a clip from a hold-out, and trying to use it in their LMG, and other things that make GMs want to smack people with phonebooks.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-04-15/2147:53> »
I would say yes, it would be all the same ammo, as an exception to the rule that different types of guns carry different ammo. And for those asking why this would potentially be an issue, because if you didn't do it that way, you'd have people picking up a clip from a hold-out, and trying to use it in their LMG, and other things that make GMs want to smack people with phonebooks.

This is a question related to a very specific weapon from Run & Gun that can configured as an Assault Rifle, Carbine (SMG), Sniper Rifle or LMG. This isn't a question of, can i take an assault rifle round and fire it from a sniper riffle, this is "Does this particular weapon use the same ammo for all it's primary modes?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor