NEWS

Vamps and Missions

• 6 Replies

biotech66

• Omae
« on: <04-28-15/1522:03> »
I have a player who really wants to play a Vamp.  I'm not so sure this is an amazing idea.  I only run Missions,and I want to keep the table mission legal.  What's the official word on Vamps in Missions from Run Faster?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Pixie

« Reply #1 on: <04-28-15/1527:09> »
From Missions FAQ 1.3 (current):

Can I play an Infected character (pp. 133-143, Run Faster)?

Sorry, no. Vampires are outside the scope of Missions, and as with the dual-natured metasapients, any sane vampire will find the background count of Chicago nearly unbearable. Those that can tolerate it are usually fairly twisted and little more than monsters

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #2 on: <04-28-15/1848:27> »
Infected PCs have never been allowed in Missions, AFAIK.  There's a fair amount of stuff about vampires that make them ill-suited to organized play (or organized play ill-suited to them).

That being said, one can do some "reskinning" of a lot of existing powers to roleplay being a vampire while retaining the normal game balance:  Adept powers like Improved Physical Attribute, Improved Reflexes, and Attribute Boost can make you strong and fast.  A lot of spells can be used to mimic vampiric powers (Healing for Regeneration, Increase Attribute or Reflexes, Mental Manipulation spells, etc.).  You can still take an Allergy to sunlight.  Just take some of those powers and use the flavor that he's a vampire.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <04-29-15/0252:06> »
Just, you know, be careful about calling your self a vampire openly.  That's liable to get you staked :)

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-29-15/0312:55> »
Yeah. You don't want to be a vampire, either way. You would be all glittery and angsty, and probably get the Bad Rep quality for being a mouth breather or ripping people off for multiple flat vids.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-29-15/1138:26> »
Let's say "someone" can't find the new updated Missions FAQ.  I know it's tragic, but where would that person find a link to the document?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Pixie

« Reply #6 on: <04-29-15/1444:06> »
That someone must be missing the stickies at the top of the Living Campaign Discussion board (where this post is located).

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=20272.0