NEWS

SMH 2015-01: Friendship is Tragic now available for Missions!

• 7 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <04-02-15/0215:17> »
This went live yesterday, but I was gone all day so didn't get to post it over here.  Jason posted this to ShadowrunTabletop.com yesterday.  While this is a goofy bit of fun for April Fools, it is also a 100% valid and playable Shadowrun Missions adventure, and is valid for use with the Living Campaign.

New free Shadowrun adventure released! Line developer assumed drunk
By JHARDY | Published: APRIL 1, 2015

[Note that this blog post is being dictated, as Mr. Hardy felt typing posed too great a challenge.]

I don’t … I just can’t … there’s ponies. Ponies and Amish. And they’re all thrown together and statted out. Statted! Stats for ponies!

The world used to make sense to me. Mr. Johnson … he wore a suit.  And he screwed you over good, and you took it! And yeah, there was gunfire and grenades and spells raining down all over, but it all worked! But now, now you kids with your Tumbles and your Instant Grahams and your, and your …

[unintelligible]

… couldn’t hold a candle to even one of Betty Grable’s legs! What was I talking about?

This adventure. Yeah. Did you see the cover? I didn’t know hallucinogens that strong even existed. Holy freakin’ cow dung on skateboard. You should see it. Gaze upon the madness. Gaze!

And here’s where it gets horrible, where my reality and my nightmares twist into some terrible pretzel of madness. I have that horse! On the cover. She’s in my house!

It’s just … I can’t … I can’t think about this. So take it. Take your adventure with the ponies and Amish and war buggies, and you go play it. It’s a Mission, they tell me! It’s real, they tell me! Do what you want with it. I gotta lie down.

SMH 2015-01 Friendship Is Tragic

Pixie

« Reply #1 on: <04-02-15/1125:42> »
Words cannot describe...  they should have sent a poet.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #2 on: <04-02-15/1249:27> »
Nearly our entire Chaos War group got to play this with the author as a special treat on our local Missions tables (we do Missions tables on Tuesdays at our local gaming store).  It was amazing and hilarious.  There are a to of little tid bits for the knowledgeable Shadowrun geek.  There was also a moment when we got to (appropriately) play the Magnificent Seven theme song.

Amazing and I'm stoked that it's a legit Missions release!
« Last Edit: <04-04-15/2342:14> by Jayde Moon »
That's just like... your opinion, man.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-03-15/0938:46> »
You give me this and a table for Origins, and I'll make this happen!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-15/2135:27> »
i am a floating gm at origins. i will be pushing for this as one of my missions :)

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #5 on: <04-06-15/0158:02> »
Oh god why.  OH GOD WHY.  Poor Simon...  I don't even know what to say.  This is legendary.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <04-22-15/0113:56> »
R.O.F.L.M.F.A.O!!!

This is made of pure AWESOME,  sparkly green & pink AWESOME,  but AWESOME nonetheless.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-22-15/0610:07> »
Going to keep this up my sleeve for once we eventually get to running in Chicago for some time when the group has been particularly troublesome... I think some heads might implode at this.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor