NEWS

Gun H(e)aven 3 is here!

• 122 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #90 on: <12-24-13/1320:26> »
o.k. i'll bite what a red samurai is doing ot Ares terf'? 8) .
Outsourcing.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <12-24-13/1541:45> »
Touché... ;D

Well done...brought quite the chuckle.

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #92 on: <12-24-13/1931:26> »
o.k. i'll bite what a red samurai is doing ot Ares terf'? 8) .

lol nice catch.  You know what it means when something doesn't add up:  YOU'VE BEEN DOUBLE CROSSED BY MR. JOHNSON
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <12-24-13/2254:48> »
, I feel like it is safe to say that impracticality is how runners end up dead and in jail in all of the wonderful editions of our beloved SR.

See...I have never found that to be the case. I miss the days you could get a 1,000 round belt backpack. Not practical, but didn't
get you killed. The 750K Nuyen Eurovan wasn't practical...but it was what got you OUT of any situation.  In Shadowrun, the Rule
of Cool should always be considered. When the street sam goes into a gangwar with his "little red wagon" which is a rolling
weapons locker...that isn't practical..but it is COOL!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #94 on: <12-24-13/2308:44> »
When the street sam goes into a gangwar with his "little red wagon" which is a rolling weapons locker...that isn't practical..but it is COOL!
ALL HAIL THE WEAPONS VAN!

The gift that keeps on giving!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #95 on: <12-25-13/0022:27> »
, I feel like it is safe to say that impracticality is how runners end up dead and in jail in all of the wonderful editions of our beloved SR.

See...I have never found that to be the case. I miss the days you could get a 1,000 round belt backpack. Not practical, but didn't
get you killed. The 750K Nuyen Eurovan wasn't practical...but it was what got you OUT of any situation.  In Shadowrun, the Rule
of Cool should always be considered. When the street sam goes into a gangwar with his "little red wagon" which is a rolling
weapons locker...that isn't practical..but it is COOL!

I guess that depends on your view of what is practical.  Seems to me that anything that helps a Shadowrunner successfully complete a Shadowrun is Practical.  Hence the things that get you killed or arrested being Impractical, as you've failed the Shadowrun due to being dead and arrested (yes in that order, you're in the prison morgue, chummer).
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <12-25-13/0236:01> »
When the street sam goes into a gangwar with his "little red wagon" which is a rolling weapons locker...that isn't practical..but it is COOL!

Actually, it wasn't a van. It was wheeled contraption he had a cable from his belt to. He started with a vindicator minigun and a belt of ammo
going to the "Little red wagon". When the ammo was used up, the thing advanced a pair of AK-97s. When those ran out of ammo, he reached
back, and pulled out a pair of Ingrams. When he ran out of ammo on those, he reached back and pulled out a pair of predators. When those were
out of ammo, he reached back and pulled out the combat axe(in Sr2, it was dikoted), and pulled the release on the the Little Red Wagon, and ran
like hell while it was playing a merry little song. Once the song ended, it blew up from the few pounds of plastic explosive and ball bearings inside
the cavity behind the vindicators ammo box..

Completely not practical at all! But cool and FUN!

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #97 on: <01-17-14/1521:58> »
Sounds like the perfect 'Ice Cream Truck from Heck' for a Killa-Klown style street gang.  Can see it now, playing its merry jingle as bullets spout off it's armor and the 'Joker'-like driver inching forward as his female assistant, dressed like Harlequin, pitches grenades from the side. :})
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #98 on: <01-17-14/1704:02> »
Sounds like the perfect 'Ice Cream Truck from Heck' for a Killa-Klown style street gang.  Can see it now, playing its merry jingle as bullets spout off it's armor and the 'Joker'-like driver inching forward as his female assistant, dressed like Harlequin, pitches grenades from the side. :})
"Mungo whantz hiz trukk bak!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DeathEatsCurry

• Newb
« Reply #99 on: <01-17-14/1918:18> »

Build one of those 3d nano printers from War! Into it, and it really will keep on giving,,

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #100 on: <01-18-14/1125:17> »
Those melted down as part of the nanocalypse.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

samoth

• Chummer
« Reply #101 on: <01-30-14/0636:19> »
I just noticed that this PDF somehow had seven artists, and two "additional designers" and the art is by far the worst I've ever seen in a Shadowrun product.  Add that with the awful editing and you've got a clear "avoid".  Aside from the UFRC, I believe there are two guns in the entire book better than their SR5 main book counterparts.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <01-30-14/0956:04> »
...the art is by far the worst I've ever seen in a Shadowrun product.

I'm curious to know what about the art you didn't like.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #103 on: <01-30-14/1008:21> »
I don't want guns to be better. I want them to be alternatives, with upsides and downsides. I am very glad GH3 gave me that. :)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #104 on: <01-30-14/1011:47> »
I don't want guns to be better. I want them to be alternatives, with upsides and downsides. I am very glad GH3 gave me that. :)

Exactly.  These guns have to fit into the world with all the other guns.  They have to be alternatives, or no one would ever use the SR5 core guns.  I think Gun H(e)aven 3 does this very well.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.